Author Topic: Foreigner on German TV?  (Read 4968 times)

Rika

Foreigner on German TV?
« on: September 17, 2008, 03:17:39 pm »
Today I got a mail from my Berlin Foreigner-friend Babs, that the band comes to Berlin on Oct.5th for a TV recording for the show "Hitgiganten".

FWT, is that right or will they do the recording at home in the U.S.?

Babs is very unhappy that she is in Vienna that day, otherwise she would come to the studio and cheer for the band ( of course)!

If they really come to Germany and maybe do more promotion gigs, interviews a.s.o. then PLEASE let us Germans know!  

:wacko:

Best, Rika

fwt

• Administrator
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 03:58:51 pm »
The new album will be released in Germany on September 26. The Band will fly to Germany for a few days in early October. They will appear on the ZDF Wetten dass television program in Nurnberg on October 4 and then travel to Berlin for more promotional activities on October 6.  As soon as there are more specific details available, we’ll let you know.

Rika

Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 04:11:13 pm »
Wow, FWT, thank you so much for your fast reply! Nuernberg is perfect, it's only two hours from my home, I'll try to get tics... "Wetten,dass..." is THE german saturday evening show - I'm sooo happy that the boys appear there! Please, my American friends, cross your fingers for me to get tics for the show!!!

Tatjana

Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:07:52 am »
Wow! AWESOME news for us German fans! "Wetten Dass" is THE ultimate Saturday evening entertainment show here in Germany and it is getting broadcasted in other European countries as well. They couldn't have chosen a better platform to promote "Too Late" than this tv show. Unfortunately both shows are "no go's" for me..:(

Rika: If you get the chance to get tickets please don't forget to give Mick a kiss and a hug from me and ask Thomas Gottschalk if he is willing to share some "Haribo" gummi bears. ;)

Foreigner in "Wetten Dass" and "Hitgiganten"...the Saturday evening gets a meaning again..;)

Tatjana :)

Rika

Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 11:32:01 am »
:biggrin: HUUUU, Tatjana, welcome here! I'm no more the only german here...:laugh:
The raffle for the "Wetten,dass..." tics was in August - grrrr :angry: so I won't be able to carry out your "special orders" ( btw: I doubt if I would dare :wub:)
But maybe the guys will come to Munich for another show or interview and I'll try to see them there (FWT, will you inform us?)
I'm looking forward sooo impatiently to see them in "Wetten, dass..." at least on TV, that performance will make "Too late" wellknown here overnight!
Best,
Rika

lizzzardgirl

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 04:12:06 pm »
Hey there!
Hi Rika, no you're not the only German here. But I must confess, I do not post very often here, I mostly only read.
I read about the Wetten dass gig in a magazine. I think I'll have to watch the show on 4th October although it is not my favorite tv show. It's a pity you couldn't get a ticket. I imagine you sitting in the audience waving a Foreigner fan poster. That would have been great. But yeah, let's share a tv experience.
Best. lizzzardgirl.

Rika

Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 04:34:04 pm »
Wow, Germany's back again here... hello to Fulda! Yeah, we'll be sitting in front of the TV screens everywhere in Germany at Oct.4th.
Lizzardgirl, I owe you a long message at myspace, coming soon...
Best from Bavaria,
Rika  :biggrin:

4eigner

• That Was Yesterday
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 05:13:04 pm »
Hi Rika

I understand you'll going to the German's TV

to see this show.

I hope to come to there & see again the guys.

But if i'll not come i hope to see here a

link of this show from you or FWT.

:cool::tongue::wink:

Rika

Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 07:10:02 am »
Hi 4eigner,

I'll watch the show on TV, cause tics are no more available. Of course I'll give you a link to it if the performance is here in the net!

Best,
Rika

4eigner

• That Was Yesterday
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 08:17:49 am »
Hi Rika

Thanks, I hope it will be on the net.

I thougth you will be at the TV broadcast,

but i understand you are not so enjoy from

watch TV at home.

:cool::wink::tongue:

Ellen

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 10:53:59 pm »
Hi Everyone!
It's been a long time since I've been on the Foreigner board, and I'm happy to be back!

I saw the "Wetten, Dass...?" performance last night (thanks to a head's up from Rika! And our German satellite!) and was so happy to see the guys!

And did you hear...Mick DID say "we'll be back here touring in June." Of course Thomas Gottschalk didn't translate that little blurb, but I did hear it! I'll have to fly to Germany next summer!

The set was a medley of "Jukebox Hero", "Too Late", "Cold As Ice", "Urgent", and "IWTKWLI". Am I missing anything, Rika? Anyway, it was a good set, but of course a little awkward when you're a die-hard to hear songs so chopped up. Too bad they couldn't just have done "Too Late" in its entirety.

Ah, so nice to have German satellite TV here in Abu Dhabi! (for once for MY purposes and not just for Bundesliga soccer...my  husband's obsession!)

What did you think, other German Foreigner fans?

Rika

Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 02:18:48 am »
Good morning, Ellen, and other Foreigner fans,

Ellen, you summed up the most important things of yesterday evening, thanks very much. I fully aggree with you, the performance was way too short;it's rather strange to hear the songs shortened up so much. But I think it made sense, for many people here know the songs but don't know who played them. So a lot of people may have had their "aha"-moments before the screen: " Oh, even this was from Foreigner..."
Ellen, you didn't miss one, "Urgent" was the second, I think. To IWKWLI a gospel choir entered the stage, it was an excellent final point.
 Kelly was GREAT, he showed his whole performing-skills in this short medley. Even my musically not very interested hubby had to admit that "this guy has a good voice".
What I missed was a hint of Thomas Gottschalk that there is a new song in the medley and a question to the band about it. Kelly took the chance and threw in the title of "No End in Sight".
And, yes, a German tour in June... Ellen, we'll have a party with all the other German die-hards then!!! :smile::tongue::biggrin:

FWT, will it be possible to show the "Wetten,dass..." performance in the video section? A link to the whole show replay that I gave 4eigner in another thread may be not very amazing for non-german-speaking people...

One last funny detail: After Foreigners performance Thomas Gottschalk ( who is in the mid-50s and outed himself as a big fan, too) rushed into the public and asked a 18-year-old boy how it was. "Good", the guy stottered very surprised. And Gottschalk said: "Oh, those were times...to this music children were fathered..." and he began to hum IWKWLI. You can imagine that the whole hall laughed :wink:

I hope the band has a good time in Germany for the rest of it's visit here. Even weather begins to get better...

Bye for now,
Rika

Ellen

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 02:45:23 am »
Ha ha ha! Speaking of our husbands, Rika, I have to add a funny that DH said last night. He saw Kelly (who DH has seen LIVE!) and said "but he doesn't look Filipino!" :wacko:

Uh, wrong band, dude.... :laugh: At least I know he pays half attention.

By the way, loved Kelly's goatee and Jeff's super-long hair!

Ellen

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 03:17:12 am »
By the way, Rika, is tonight the Hitgiganten taping??!!

lizzzardgirl

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 05:55:26 am »
Hi everybody!
As a German of course I saw "Wetten dass" last night, too. But I was very upset. I can't believe that they made the guys do a medley. It's so tpyical for german tv. Of course the guys were great. They rocked the house and whoooo were they looking good!
But as usual in german tv the house did not notice that is was rocked...
And Thomas Gottschalk was as unpolite as he always seems to be as a host. He let Mick hardly say a word. Mick was nice as he always is and I felt the whole situation was embarrasing. That whole show "Wetten dass" seems to be only a platform for the moderator, guests and show acts are only minor matter.
I changed the tv channel immediately after Foreigner left the stage.
Good luck we can look forward to seeing the guys live next summer.

Nevertheless I loved to see Foreigner on tv and just to say it again the guys were really great.

Best. l.