Author Topic: Foreigner on German TV?  (Read 5386 times)

Ellen

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 07:09:16 am »
You hit the nail on the head, lizzzardgirl!

When I first moved to Germany in 2005, there was a TV special for Franz Beckenbauer's birthday. I didn't know any German then, but I picked up on the attitude and body language of the show and I said to my then-fiance (now husband) "Uhm, that moderator thinks this show is all about HIM, doesn't he?" Hubby got all defensive "no! no! Thomas Gottschalk is classic!" Yeah, he's classic, but he's not so accommodating. He has his moments where I want to cringe! Yet I keep coming back for more...?!

But it was so totally worth it to see the guys on TV! And Gottschalk jumped into a bucket of mustard at the end, after harrassing Salma Hayek....

And I think you're totally right, Rika - they did the medley so the German viewers would make the connection between the songs they know and love from the radio and the name Foreigner! Although Gottschalk suggesting that everyone knows these songs and how classic they are doesn't really fit with the reasoning, but I still think you're RIGHT!

I hope Hitgiganten (I'm not familiar with the show at all!) is a better format for them, though. And no medleys!!!!

Tatjana

Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 11:56:33 am »
I HATE "Wetten, dass...?", I always did and I always will especially since yesterday because I had to listen to my husband who was constantly drooling over Sylvie van der Vaart!!! GRRRR...;-)

I too would have loved to hear the band performing "Too Late" in its entirety. However, my hubby had the same idea like Rika and said this medley would have been a good promotion gag to bring Foreigner back into the awareness of the public. Most people KNOW the songs but don't know the artist behind. Hubby also mentioned that Kelly sounded and looked really confident and I totally agreed with him. I agreed with my husband! Wonders never ceaze! ;-)

Thomas Gottschalk is a total self-exposer. I too found it very rude that he didn't gave Mick and Kelly more time to advertise the new single but at least Kelly got the chance to mention the release of "No End In Sight" and YES!!!! Mick said they'd be back in Germany next June. Woooohooooo!!!!! Can't wait!!! :-)

Rika: I laughed myself silly about the "children were fathered" comment and also when Gottschalk looked around saying: "Who experienced those times in the original?" and addressed that middle aged looking man by saying: "I fear you did!" :-)

Well, I turned off the tv after Foreigner's performance and of course I didn't tell the husband that Salma Hayek would be part of the show too. ;-)

Tatjana :-)

Rika

Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 03:44:01 pm »
Hey girls,

a very vivid discussion here, great. I have to admit I never had anything against T.G. ( probably because he is a bavarian like me and began his career at the BR) but since yesterday I'm quite annoyed about him. Mentioning the single and translating Mick's statement about the German tour were MUSTS - and he didn't.

All those, who switched off after Foreigner missed Gottschalk in the mustard - would 've been a big :tongue::tongue::tongue: for you, Lizzardgirl and Tatjana.

Tatjana: Has hubby Geschmacksverirrung? Silvie was absolutely :wacko: A Barbiedoll in golden giftwrap...

Tanja: I fear "Hitgiganten" ( Title of the show: Classicrock; ) will as well show the boys with a medley or some "older" hit. And, OMG, the moderator is Hugo Egon Balder...:sad: :ohmy: :ninja:  I for my part prefer Gottschalk ( his Strauß-parody at the beginning was great, but you're of course right, Tatjana, it's all self-exposure).

Ellen: Haha, hubby missed the philippino --- I fear, the Abu Dhabi sun is way toooo hot for him. I think Babs and I will give him a short classic rock lesson, when we visit you both in November! Tell him a big "Servus" !

The really important thing is that Foreigner comes to Germany in June. We now have something for our common anticipation ! :biggrin:

Tigerlily

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 05:40:29 pm »
Well, in my country, The Netherlands, we receive ZDF where 'Wetten Dass....?' came on and I taped it. And I have uploaded the Foreigner segment on YouTube. Here is the link to that video:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=sqIU4jnwf7g

Enjoy!!! :tongue:

Renée

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 11:03:29 pm »
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!
um, yea, Kelly, wow :wub:
Thanks Renee!!!!

Rika

Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 04:30:53 pm »
Wooo, Gina,

you enjoyed the clip, of course. Kelly was in best form, I was ( one more time) thrilled of his performance and that of the whole band!

Renee :biggrin::biggrin:, thanks soooo much for taping and so making possible to watch our guys' performance as often as we like. I immediately added your clip to my myspace-profile :smile:

BTW: Although none of us forum-girls was in Nuernberg we German fans were represented very well imo. Did you see the woman whistling through her fingers at the end of the medley? :cool:  Perfect, I liked to see this! Maybe we meet her at one of the summer-shows !

Best from Germany, Rika

lizzzardgirl

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 04:37:04 pm »
Wahoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today the german music tv show "Hitgiganten" was broadcasted. Foreigner was No 1 of the radio hits.
First they performed "Cold as ice" and yeah, they were great. After a short interview and Micks announcement that they are going to do a germany tour in june 2009 they than performed "Too late". It was a pity that the tv station stopped the transmission before the song was completed. I missed the saxophone what for me is very (I mean: v e r y) dissappointing. Only consolation is that Tom played the alto and not the tenor.
As a whole the show was very good. There's just no comparison to the "Wetten dass..."-disaster some weeks ago. The guys were amazing as they always are and I really enjoyed watching them on tv. Now I'm looking forward to seeing them live next june.
This was a nice friday evening for me. Hope it was for you, too.
Best. lizzzardgirl.  :biggrin:

Rika

Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 08:43:36 am »
Hi lizzzardgirl,

oh yes, I enjoyed it very much yesterday. As the show went on and on I realized that our band is very high in the ranking. What a welcome surprise to see them at #1. They were announced as "The world-champions of radio-rock" , how amazing!
They were on fire and I especially liked Michaels performance ( he is a real showman with his views right into the cam and his exceptional gestures). And Tom playing the sax (no matter if alto or tenor for me) was a further beautiful gift ( although the foolish SAT1-people didn't show it full-screen at the end).
Did anyone of the German fans tape the show and will put it on Youtube? Gina, I'm sure you'd like to see Kelly with a very sexy stubbly beard !

I begin to change my attitude about Hugo Egon Balder: He translated all relevant parts ( especially the tour-announcement)and introduced at least Mick and Kelly (what is without saying a matter of respect). The title of the CD was mentioned in the subtitle. Gottschalk and ZDF could learn a lot from the show.
Since I now that H.E.B. is the former drummer of Birth Control ( know their hit "Gamma ray" ?) I start to see him as a rocker ( not only as a comedian ).

BTW: I read that the "Hitgiganten"-show on Nov.13th will be with Saga live in studio performing "Wind him up". I'm curious to see new singer Rob Moratti on stage before they come for their German tour next spring.

Best from Germany,

Rika  :biggrin:

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 10:25:09 pm »
I just found this....is this the show
the dancers are too funny!
and just say  yes to the stubble:biggrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQaCy2lgb0I

JulieD

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 07:23:41 am »
I followed your discussion the past days and had a look in the internet on a few sites. There I came across a show in Leipzig on 06/19/2009 at Parkbühne (ticket sale has already started, which I suppose you already know):biggrin:
The second one I found will be probably in Munich in Olympiapark South. They don't show a certain date yet, but on the page they say a show with Foreigner is planned: http://www.tollwood.de/sommerfestival-2009/

I would love to see the show in Munich as I'm afraid they won't play a gig in Vienna :sad:

If you find any information about that please let me know!

Julie

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 02:52:19 am »
I can't believe no one noticed one band member not having any vid shots from this show. Well, if you count a shot of his guitar and sax there were two. Didn't these vid guys do their homework on the band before? Me think not! What a disappointment to watch and not see special talented person shine in the video. Their loss!!!

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008, 02:34:29 pm »
wait you mean there are other people in the band besides Kelly??!!:tongue:

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 03:21:46 pm »
LMAO,

Ya Gina...Kelly's awesome we all know he's the hot front man. Really though, it sucked Tommy didn't get any shots being it was a TV show and all. The vid was awesome but me rebel. :ninja:

Rika

Foreigner on German TV?
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 01:07:03 pm »
Wooo, thanks for the updates, Julie. A chance to see Foreigner again at Munichs Tollwood, what wonderful news !!! I saw them there in 2007 and was absolutely thrilled... I hope that we soon get the dates officially confirmed !

And Leipzig would be great, too.

I just met Ellen and Babs on a fantastic trip to Abu Dhabi and we promised each other to meet again for the summer concerts! Come on, Mädels, we've something to look forward to!

Julie: It would be nice to meet you in Munich, the "Tollwood" is an awesome festival with music, theatre and a lot of beautiful things to buy and eat! You will not regret at all! The German Foreigner fan connection is always open for some crazy Ösis!

Servus aus dem wilden Westen von München,
Rika