Author Topic: Win Mick Jones Guitar  (Read 1526 times)

fwt

• Administrator
Win Mick Jones Guitar
« on: October 24, 2008, 10:31:28 am »
The submission deadline for AARP and Foreigner’s Air Guitar for My Guitar contest
is fast approaching! Go to www.winmickjonesguitar.com to submit a video of your
best air guitar performance. The prize package is ideal for any Foreigner fan—

1) Rock out with Foreigner at their New Year’s Eve performance in Honolulu, Hawaii
on New Year’s Eve

2) Transportation and accommodations for two at the Sheraton Waikiki

3) An Autographed Gibson Custom Mick Jones Les Paul Guitar

wildbill

• Newbie Member
Win Mick Jones Guitar
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 09:20:32 am »
I have been trying for two days to upload my video for the contest without success. The website does not respond. Any ideas?

fwt

• Administrator
Win Mick Jones Guitar
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 10:00:40 am »
Wildbill,

We might need some more information from you, but the file name and file format seem like they could be the problem and a good place to start.
First, make sure there are no spaces in your file name. Sometimes when uploading files, spaces in the file name can cause problems.
Second, here are the acceptable file formats:

.WMV, .AVI, .MOV, .MPEG/.MPG, or .MP4 (see *NOTE below if you are using Windows Movie Maker).

*NOTE: If you're using Windows Movie Maker, do not upload your .MSWMM file. This is not an actual movie file but a Windows Movie Maker project file. If you're satisfied with your movie, choose the "Publish Movie" or "Save Movie File" option (depending on which version you have) under the "File" menu and create a movie file such as .AVI or .WMV.

If it still does not work, please respond here and we'll see if we can find the root of the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your participation and support.

FWT

Number1ForeignerFan

• THE BIGGEST FOREIGNER FAN OF ALL TIME
Win Mick Jones Guitar
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 12:49:47 pm »
I recorded a video at the Aurora, IL show, but I can not find on the website. What's up with that?
The biggest Foreigner fan of all time.

wildbill

• Newbie Member
Win Mick Jones Guitar
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 09:52:47 am »
Thanks FWT for reply. I changed the spacing on file name, which is wmv, and tried again.
When i hit upload, bottom bar says waiting for the website and after a few minutes it returnes to submit page without any acknowledgement that it was successful.
wildbill

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Win Mick Jones Guitar
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 08:53:09 pm »
I know I am a procrastinator also
My video will not upload either
I am emailing it to FWT
please help a girl out!
thanks
Gina

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Win Mick Jones Guitar
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 04:10:12 am »
Um Mick,

Do we really have to play air guitar to win? Can't I just dance around naked in hot high heels to Foreigner tunes for this??? lol. A girls gotta try anyway cause she really wants to go. My bad. Me crack myself up now laughing. I would do it though isn't that just hilarious?

LMAO!!!

Um, and no comments from the peanut gallery. Gina cracks me up too.

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Win Mick Jones Guitar
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 04:18:50 am »
Me think it would be a good thing that me get to go to show in Luau Land  and...

I would donate the guitar to Marine Military Academy where they could raffle to raise money for new band equip. which my son is drummer at school.

Oh ya...she's funny and smart. Now if she can just keep her mouth shut when taunted that would be a blessing. lol

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Win Mick Jones Guitar
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 02:41:40 pm »
don't you have that video up on youtube already ROFL:rolleyes:

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Win Mick Jones Guitar
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 03:35:48 pm »
Me thinkin new and improved...maybe add a strip act in it. Deciding on song is tuff though. Me thinkin Urgent would be a good one for it possibly. lol. :wink: