Author Topic: FOREIGNER ON ELLEN  (Read 3304 times)

mickster

• Newbie Member
FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:54:01 pm »
FOREIGNER will be performing on the Ellen Degeneres show on Tuesday, Oct. 28.  Be sure to watch.  :cool:

fwt

• Administrator
FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 01:07:08 pm »
The Ellen Show appearance has been postponed to sometime in February 2009. When we receive more details, we will let you all know.

FWT

fwt

• Administrator
FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 12:05:28 pm »
The new date for the Foreigner appearance will be January 6th, 2009. Check out the link below for showtimes in your area.

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/about/whenitson.php

Number1ForeignerFan

• THE BIGGEST FOREIGNER FAN OF ALL TIME
FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:42:49 am »
Does the FWT know what day the taping will take place? I will be in LA for the next two weeks and would love to go.
The biggest Foreigner fan of all time.

Davyp

• Newbie Member
FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 01:59:52 pm »
Well they made it onto Ellen today albeit at the end of the show.

uprocker

• Newbie Member
FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 04:24:45 pm »
I caught the Ellen D performance. A very good job on Feels Like The First Time. Who is the drummer? A bit unorthodox but not too shabby. Glad to see Mick has put together a great lineup. JP is awesome. As a drummer myself since 1980 performing with some of Michigan's greatest club bands, I wish I had a shot at their lineup. You guys are doing a great job with the Foreigner sound. I must say, it is much better than past performances with the original member lineup. Keep up the good work and let's get down to writting with this new emergence.

SoUrgent

FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 06:19:28 pm »
I have to say that I was, again, impressed with their performance! I wish they would have gotten a little interview with Ellen to promote themselves, instead of being squeezed into the last 5 minutes of the show. I also wish we may have been able to hear Juke Box Hero before the show ended, but what can you do? I got my fix ;-)

Did anyone notice that Kelly changed the way he ended the song? The 5 concerts I went to last year in the Philly/Jersey area, he would have the big ending, ending it like, "first time! first time! first time! man... it FEEEEEEEELS like the first tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!" he just got rid of that nonsense and cut it off with a "rock yell". I liked the new version; it was awesome!

michellea

• FF#3
FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 06:41:11 pm »
Oh yes, the song was obviously shortened in several places for TV.

uprocker, the drummer is Bryan Head. More info here: http://www.foreigneronline.com/index.php?&content=board&com=board&brd=topic_199

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 08:54:42 pm »
Here ya go
Feels Like the First Time
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SKWJCsa6zhY

Juke Box Hero
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_H11y3uH2c

okay going back to watch the beginning of JBH another 30 times!!!

G

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 08:59:45 pm »
Great Performance. Um, Mick... Nice shirt :wink: U look good in black. You guys switched it up a little with Kelly wearing the vest this time. =) I must say, Bryan is really sounding great compared to his second concert at the winery he played with ya guys. What a huge difference. I hope he stays. Don't tell Bonham I said that... the crash master might get his feelings hurt. lol. Congrats on the awesome show! You all were fabulous~

RumTumJM

• Newbie Member
FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 10:50:56 pm »
Yes, I agree. The drumming was a bit different. (It seemed like to many cymbal crashes at this point.)

Sorry if this has already been said, but is Bryan Head the permanent replacement for Jason Bonham? I know the Myspace page has not been updated.

Regardless, he seems like a great drummer. I just wish that he's maybe stay a little truer to the original songs (based upon the Ellen performance at least).

SoUrgent

FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 12:30:33 am »
RumTum, I agree; seemed a little "heavy on the crash" last night, but either way, a great sounding band and solid drums; thanks for pointing out what I could not put my finger on. I, as well, checked the MySpace for Dead Rock West, and no further mention of any permanent placement.

Number1ForeignerFan

• THE BIGGEST FOREIGNER FAN OF ALL TIME
FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 01:59:54 pm »
I watched the Ellen show also, and I think they sounded great. I agree, we need some information about the drummer, besides his name, which is not even on this website. Does he use the same drum kit that Jason used, it looks different?
The biggest Foreigner fan of all time.

dirtywhitegirl03

FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 02:38:24 pm »
I thought they sounded great on Ellen yesterday. However, I do wish they would have interviewed and or sung the rest of Juke Box Hero... it made me miss seeing them!

Ramona

• Newbie Member
FOREIGNER ON ELLEN
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 03:03:50 pm »
I like the video of "Feels like the first time" Looks like Tom and Kelly have changed their looks around a bit. I have never seen Kelly in an elegant jacket. Looks very nice. And yes Brian Head is I believe the drummer of Supertramp. I like Supertramp. Specifically the song Cannonball.