Author Topic: Foreigner on Soundstage  (Read 4957 times)

Number1ForeignerFan

• THE BIGGEST FOREIGNER FAN OF ALL TIME
Foreigner on Soundstage
« on: October 29, 2008, 12:56:33 pm »
Does the FWT know when the broadcast will take place? I have checked the PBS website and there is no info.
The biggest Foreigner fan of all time.

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 02:00:12 pm »
we will be waiting for that as long as we are waiting from those long promised stories from the road!:tongue:

Number1ForeignerFan

Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 12:13:52 pm »
Ooch

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 11:52:47 pm »
so I heard that soundstage was finally going to be mixed this weekend..so hopefully it will air sooner rather than later :smile:

Number1ForeignerFan

Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 11:00:31 am »
That's good news. I was at the taping and you won't be disappointed. Some of you may remember my review of the show on the old website.

fwt

• Administrator
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 03:35:54 pm »
Foreigner on Soundstage will air on Jan. 22nd at 9:00 PM CST (check local listings)
Go to pbs.org/soundstage for air dates and times in your local market.

FWT

Number1ForeignerFan

Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 05:22:14 pm »
Thanks FWT. Do you know if they will broadcast the entire two hour show or edit it down to one hour?

Notansoulman

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 09:22:42 am »
I recently purchased a Samsung Blu-ray player from Sears and I was able to get the Foreigner Blu-ray for free with purchase. You can also buy the Blu-ray for $24.99 by itself. I am pretty sure that this is the show that does not air until january 22nd! Sears has it on Blu-ray now and it looks and sounds fantastic! It has 12 tracks on the Blu-ray. Here is a link to see the details.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_0...15263000P?mv=rr

I am not sure how many fans know about this but it is a must have for any Foreigner fan!

froma32

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 07:24:07 am »
Maybe someone on this forum can give me a helping hand.

I live in Norway (Europe) and have learned the news about this concert on blu-ray disc.

The proplem is that Sears doesn't ship abroad and noone ine Europe has this disc in stock.

What do I do?

I can feel the frustration creeps in..

Greetings from Norway

Frode Martnes (frustrated)

PS: I went down to London to watch the band a couple of years ago... and boy was I impressed..

fwt

• Administrator
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 03:42:08 pm »
The link above for the exclusive Sears "Foreigner - Soundstage" on Bluray isn't working properly. Here it is again:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05815263000P

FWT

JimmyC

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 02:58:48 am »
The Sears Blu-ray disc appears to have about an hour's worth of content yet I remember reading that the actual performance went over two hours.  Will the rest of the material be broadcast on Soundstage and/or will it ever make it to DVD?  What happened to the second hour?  And how does Juke Box Hero not make the cut on the Sear's Blu-ray?

Number1ForeignerFan

Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 01:57:59 pm »
To Froma32
I bought the Blu-Ray disc at Sears last weekend and I get send you a copy if you have or can get a Foreigner european release of any of their material. Let's make a trade.

RumTumJM

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 01:12:30 am »
Does anyone know if the full show will be released on DVD after it has officially aired (aside from the abbreviated Sears Blu-Ray edition)?

When REO Speedwagon aired this summer, they announced that a month or two later the whole show would be available on DVD. I stress whole show, because for both REO & Foreigner, they have on the Soundstage website the actual set list and the broadcast set list. For both, the actual set list has almost 8 more songs (in Foreigner's case songs lik Blue Morning, Long Way From Home, Headknocker, Say You Will).

I would love to have all of those on DVD, especailly Headknocker. I know this line-up has done it on rare occasion. It is the ONE SONG I have yet to even hear Kelly sing!

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 01:48:02 am »
Okay soundstage is FINALLY airing in my area (NJ/NYC) this Friday at 2am!  What's up with that timeslot, our boys need better exposure!

froma32

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 05:43:05 am »
Thanks for your effort foreignernumber1fan, but I've finally managed to get hold of this blu-ray disc through e-bay..

FM