Author Topic: Foreigner on Soundstage  (Read 4809 times)

fwt

• Administrator
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 12:09:33 pm »
The Soundstage website does say 2:00 AM EST on 1/23/09 for the NY area, however we were told the initial airing is at 10:00 PM EST on 1/22/09. TV Guide confirms this:

http://www.tvguide.com/search/index.aspx?keyword=soundstage

FWT

fwt

• Administrator
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 12:50:35 pm »
In short, we have programmed our VCR twice!

FWT

Number1ForeignerFan

• THE BIGGEST FOREIGNER FAN OF ALL TIME
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 01:28:44 pm »
I watched the DVD this week and it is really great. It's too bad that not all the songs that they played that night are on it. It will be a great broadcast anyway.
The biggest Foreigner fan of all time.

SoUrgent

Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 07:14:54 pm »
Here is the setlist:

http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/foreigner/setlist.html

In Philly, for Verizon FiOS, it says 1:00am on PBS WHYY channel 512 (HD). I have searched high and low to see if they are on earlier, but they are not :-(

I also contacted PBS Soundstage to see if a copy of the ENTIRE performance can be made available, but they have yet to respond... hrmmm...

Either way, it will be a great performance!

Why wouldn't they put Urgent on the aired setlist? That song is HUGE!

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 10:19:49 pm »
well unless Kelly is singing opera it is not on!  My Directv just listed it on some other PBS channel (384) but it is not available:sad::sad:
I guess I will just have to wait to watch it tomorrow night after work...my poor boyfriend lol!!!

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 05:27:27 pm »
Ahhh, it wasn't that bad was it? Okay, kick my ass!

People that are able to be amused, to laugh or smile at something funny, and thus they are considered to have a "sense of humour." I love the Kelly Kelly Kelly shirt girl!
:wink:

michellea

• FF#3
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 08:44:49 pm »
Since this is a post about SOUNSTAGE. I will change it back to TOPIC. It is SO great that this Soundstage event has gotten so much attention from other fans! :)

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 11:34:02 pm »
not cool!:ohmy:

michellea

• FF#3
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 08:07:21 am »
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Isn't Foreigner SO lucky to have such devoted and wonderful fans!? ;-):ohmy:

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 04:52:10 pm »
the D word makes me ill ROFL!!

oh I just saw that the D word disappeared M...thanks ;-)

Mark

Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 01:11:57 pm »
Just ordered my DVD from Soundstage.  Can't wait to see it!

If you haven't ordered a copy yet, I'd suggest you do so soon.  Judging by the small number of titles for sale, I'm guessing these are produced in limited quantities and only sold 'while supplies last'.

There's a whole lot more shows that have aired and only a couple pages of DVD's to choose from.

Mark

JimmyC

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 01:09:23 am »
Finally received the full length Soundstage DVD (minus Headknocker, of course). Very impressive.  The stage backdrop, lighting and special effects, as you can tell from the TV broadcast, are top notch.  Glad to see they put the money into it.  Everybody on that stage seems to recognize that this may be the show that defines this version of the band.  When will they have all those HD cameras capturing their every move and the sophisticated audio set-up and mix at their disposal again?  Perhaps never (hope I'm wrong on that).  Jason Bonham's performance, energy and power makes me realize how much I miss him and how much the band will miss him.  While he may have found his final days in Foreigner to be a grind, he amped it up for this show and we are all the better for it. Mick seemed very relaxed and happy, especially during the band introductions coming out of Starrider.  Pleased to have Nightlife on the setlist.  Perhaps it has since been dropped due to lack of recognition, but that doesn't change the fact that it sounds good and is obviously a rarity.  A new twist on Head Games toward the close, slightly shorter guitar solo but Kelly adds an extra element that the crowd seemed to enjoy.  Jukebox Hero is off the charts.  WOW!  A great, great keepsake...a MUST HAVE item for all Foreigner fans (and anybody who would like to add a kick-ass rock concert to their library).  I'll just add this one minor criticism that speaks not only to this show but all that I've seen with this version of the band:  How can the hardest rocking group ever to perform under the Foreigner banner not do the best version of Hot Blooded I've ever heard?  HB has become something of a cool down lap instead of finding 5th gear again like they do on Jukebox Hero.  The 1995 Mexico City show has Hot Blooded the way it ought to be played and in longer form.  The song has been truncated in recent years and I don't like that.  The show should end with the guys digging down deep one more time and finding a place that nobody thought they could get to, like they do with JBH.  Jam baby, jam.  And in extended fashion, like in '95.  Heck, it's not THAT long ago.  A BIG THUMBS UP for everything else.  Kelly's vocals are as good as they could possibly be for somebody who had toured as much as he had leading up to this concert.  Thrilled to add this to the collection.  Thanks to Thom, Jeff and Michael for their sterling performance as well.  A fabulous job.  

Number1ForeignerFan

• THE BIGGEST FOREIGNER FAN OF ALL TIME
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 12:30:05 pm »
I am still waiting for my copy of the DVD I ordered two weeks ago.
To Jimmy C: If you loved the DVD, you would have went nuts at the show. As I said in previous posts, it was the best Foreigner show I ever saw and will ever see.
To the Band: Prove me wrong.
The biggest Foreigner fan of all time.

Mark

Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 12:38:40 pm »
JimmyC,

Thanks for the review.  Hope maybe my copy will have arrived when I get home.  Even more anxious now.

Mark

Ramona

• Newbie Member
Foreigner on Soundstage
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 10:38:51 am »
Hello Foreigner,
saw your soundstage performance today on german tv "3SAT" for 45 minutes. It was a very great show and they sounded great. Now I am looking forward to Bad Brückenau. Happy to see you all there.
Ramona