Author Topic: Mick is NOT BACK ...YET !!  (Read 2290 times)

LisaSuzon65

• Foreigner Freak #5
Mick is NOT BACK ...YET !!
« on: October 11, 2011, 10:17:03 pm »

Despite The Rumors That Mick Would Be Back tonight @ the Hollywood Bowl!!

I AM SORRY TO SAY

MICK IS NOT IN THE MEET & GREET PHOTOS!!! :'( :'(

Lisa FF#5 :'(

wildrose13

• Newbie Member
Re: Mick is NOT BAoCK ...YET !!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:17:58 am »
 :( I saw the Holywood Bowl pictures as well with no Mick, i was so hoping to see his beautiful smile and back on Tour. I just hope that he will return soon, Foreigner's fan wants him back.. we all miss you Mick !!

Counselorjulie

• Newbie Member
Re: Mick is NOT BACK ...YET !!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 12:31:45 am »
Our prayers our with Mick, for whatever is going on.  Greedy prayers because we are hoping to see him for the last show on the tour in Seattle.  I need to start a discussion/contest on who has seen this band the most in the last year...we are going on show 3 in 12 months! 

LisaSuzon65

• Foreigner Freak #5
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 01:49:54 am »
 @Counselorjuile

I am Almost Positive That Honor Goes to Jeff(Jeffistheirbiggestfan)  

24 shows in 24 months in 18 different cities, in 6 different states, in 3 different countries,                      

on 2 different continents! I Don't Think anyone can Beat Jeff's record!

Counselorjulie WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!

Lisa FF#5  :D

LisaSuzon65

• Foreigner Freak #5
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 01:59:03 am »
@ wildrose13

We All Miss Mick So Much & Look Forward to when he gets Back On the Stage!!

STILL PRAYING FOR YOU MICK!!

@ wildrose13....WELCOME TO THE BOARD!! :D

Lisa FF#5 ;D

sherrmorr

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 09:48:36 pm »
I am so disappointed, and I wasn't even there. Hope FWT decides to give us an update. Mick certainly deserves his privacy,  I just want to know he is OK.
Sherry
Sherry
Tom's cat #1

Swash1967

• Newbie Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 10:56:14 pm »
If anyone here (members, administrators, etc.) know anything, please keep us posted!  Thanks in advance!   ;)

alexaki

• Newbie Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 06:38:06 am »
I reckon it's wrong that the band have not kept us(the fans) updated on Mick's illness. Clearly he has more than a cold or virus...he's been out for over 1 month now...poor form in my opinion....

Swash1967

• Newbie Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 09:14:44 am »
Hey, Guys!  I just wanted to let you guys know, I did something that I notice no one else has done yet.  I posted pretty much the same concern in a different section of the forum that I hope will generate a response.  The section is called "Ask the Band".  So maybe one or more of the band members will take the time to be courteous enough to let us know what is going on with Mick's condition.  This is the message I posted.  And I hope my feelings pretty accurately reflect you guys' feelings and concerns as well.  If not, please forgive me for not getting it JUST RIGHT.   :-\

Here is what I wrote:

I'm an old fan of Foreigner.  And I am now getting interested in you guys once again since the band has the best lineup of talent it's ever had in an EXTREMELY long time!  ;) 

But I'm just now finding out that Mick has not been performing with you guys.  First of all, let me start by saying that my prayers as well as those of many others go out to him and his family as he recuperates from whatever illness he has.  I have tried to research it but cannot find any mention of it ANYWHERE.  The way I've found out anything so far is because I've seen so many posts of concern in the General Discussion forum. 

Secondly, please tell me and others what is going on.  Is his condition serious?  If so, will he be able to make a full or partial recovery.

Finally, if something DOES happen to Mick -- God forbid! -- and he can no longer perform, what will be the status of Foreigner?  Will he release the rights of the band to you guys, which would be OKAY by me and many other fans out there since you guys carry the same fire in your hearts and soul as anyone else who has ever performed in the band.  There may be some who will be resentful over the fact that no original member is no longer in the band (actually I felt this way until I just saw the concert footage found within your latest album and heard many of your songs; now I attest that you guys have EARNED the title unlike the previous lineup of the band w/ Johnny Edwards). 

You may not have noticed the couple or few posts in the General Discussion area, all asking for an update on Mick's condition or hinting towards concerns of it.  But you MAY want to respond there as well.   

PLEASE let us fans know Mick's condition.  I feel like I've known him ever since I was a kid even though I've never met him.  I've always respected him and hated that when I met the band in 1986 he wasn't available to sign my autograph.  Please don't forsake us!  After all, we are the ones who pay good money to see and sometimes even travel great distances to see your performances.  And it is us who pay good money for your albums.  Believe it or not, WE ACTUALLY CARE. 

PLEASE DON'T LET ME AND YOUR OTHER FANS DOWN.  PLEASE LET US KNOW    S O M E T H I N G ! ! ! !  God bless Mick and the rest of you.  And keep rocking!  ;)

Also, I would like to ask that whoever started this thread of discussion take the time to "modify" your original message so that the Message Icon will now be an EXCLAMATION POINT.  That will help indicate that the subject is Urgent (please forgive the pun!   ;) ).  I plan to make the same requests on other posts herein that express concern over Mick's condition.  I feel we owe it to Mick to let him know just how important his health and well-being is to the rest of us.   :)

alexaki

• Newbie Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 05:18:04 pm »

Why doesn't someone Tweet Kelly Hanson and ask him about Mick's condition?...I dont use twitter but I notice the band do..

Mysecretlover

• Newbie Member
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 06:57:09 pm »
Jeff responded on Twitter that Mick is doing well...and that he'll be joining the band soon...when soon is....he didnt say. I do agree that Mick needs his privacy, as we all would probably want if we were in his situation. The reason is because once something is said abt his "illness" the rumor mill will start spinning out of control. That's just the way some people are...They live on speculation. We all care abt Mick and hope that he is doing well and whatever ails him has gone.

I realize it's hard not to think abt his well being, but let's all pray that he is doing well and that he will be back soon...as Jeff put it.

loyd

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 03:16:17 pm »
has mick returned yet?

sherrmorr

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 03:20:17 pm »
Foreigner is on a much needed break. We will see if Mick is back in his usual fine form in December, I believe.
Sherry
Tom's cat #1

wildrose13

• Newbie Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 02:21:35 am »
 :( Still no news on when Mick will return to the stage? :( it has been 3 months and still nothing... very sad..