Author Topic: ode to foreigner  (Read 11140 times)

Tatjana

Re: ode to foreigner
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2011, 12:17:11 pm »
Randy, you're funny!  ;D

Swash1967

• Newbie Member
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2011, 08:35:42 pm »
swash1967: if you want to hear lou in great form, listen/watch the DVD of foreigner live from mexico..he ash full comand of his vocals..ther is point where he sits on the edge of the stage is sings pitch perfect...check it out

Thanks for the recommendation!  I just checked out "Blue Morning Blue Day" from their 1995 tour in Mexico.  And Lou looked just like he did back when I had met him.  His voice sounded a bit more crisp.  But I noticed he kinda under delivered on some of the high notes from the original recording.  For example, instead of raising the notes as he sang a particular phrase, he would hit the high note in the beginning, and then drop down to a lower key.  But it all still sounded good, even though it was cheating a bit.  ;)

Swash1967

• Newbie Member
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2011, 08:42:57 pm »
tatjana actaully asked dennis elliott wife about my question and she replied , he just acts like it is any other song on the radio with no reaction or comment.

on a strange note, if dennis elliott had become a wood carver first...he could have made his own drum sticks

LOL....who's to say that he DIDN'T.  Actually, that may have been how he got introduced to it?  THIS would be a good question to ask Dennis! 

loyd

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2011, 11:33:50 am »
i heard that everyone at the concert in mexico wanted to know why there was no accordian in the band?