Author Topic: Lou Vs Kelly  (Read 13066 times)

MetalMystriss

• SLAVE TO THE GUITAR GODS!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2009, 09:21:05 pm »
LD said birthday Nick!!!

How can we not drink, we can't let her drink all those bday drinks we buy her by herself without us joining, it'd just be rude!:tongue:

Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2009, 10:59:05 pm »
can't wait tomeet you guys it is going to be a blast!
excited it is almost here!!!

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2009, 03:11:12 am »
Cool SoUrgent... U guys will have a blast. Sooooo... while bday girl is hammered, can someone please give her some crazy glue? She may turn from good girl to bad that night!!! lol

MetalMystriss

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2009, 04:01:41 pm »
Oh...That's pretty much a given with me around! Super glue won't work. hehe lol

I can be a handful & a bad influence, sad to say!:tongue:

We are gonna have a blast!:wink:
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

SoUrgent

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2009, 10:05:36 pm »
It feels like the week before Christmas for me!!!

09/25- my best friend gets married...
09/27- get to meet new friends to ROCK OUT with at the FOREIGNER concert!!!
09/29- do I even need to mention?!?!?!!?

sharkcity

• Newbie Member
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2009, 11:07:15 pm »
Kelly- He has the looks. He has the moves. He has a great voice and what a nice nice guy.

I love Lou's studio work but he never stayed true to the songs in concert.

The Bang your Head DVD freakin' rocked out

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2009, 09:15:24 am »
me good girl to bad!!??
I am sure that will happen when I get to go to concert with Rhonda herself!
crazy glue!>  hmm well the boyfriend is not going to any of my concerts next week so you never know especially if i am tempted with white pants lol!!!

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2009, 03:42:16 am »
RE:   Kelly- He has the looks. He has the moves.

Um, YES... YES... and YES he rocks too!

G: We will be bad together one of these days. I'm trying to be a good girl but it's getting harder every year because people keep feeding me. "snicks" raaawr~ I'm in a Foreigner rehab cage until Oct. and I'm gonna be very very hungry soon!

MetalMystriss

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2009, 07:31:21 pm »
Not to mention Kelly oozes talent! :tongue:
(and I'm not just talking vocals, he's an all around Musician)

I'm not behaving myself!:wink: LOL

My bad!:laugh:  
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

shadow

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2009, 12:53:43 pm »
Your right about Lou not singing like the records when he sings live. He sang them better.

I love posts like that, kinda shows how retarded people can be. There's the old it's just my opinion, and then there's just stupidity.

Shadow.

wiley

• Newbie Member
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2009, 01:18:51 pm »
After listening to the samples of the new album. I have to say I am a little disappointed so far. With the exception of the the title song Can't Slow Down the rest of the songs released are slow mellow non rocking themed songs. I am still excited to hear the rest of the music but am not that thrilled by what I heard so far. Can't Slow Down and When it Comes To Love seem like the best picks so far. Kelly is good but he is no Lou Gramm. This mellow music that has been displayed so far is one of the other reasons I think Lou was frustrated with Foreigner. They just don't seem to have the hard driving rock edge that they used to. I also am not too thrilled to have to buy re recorded classic hits re sung with Kelly Hansens voice. Why can't they just produce an album of new work? It is kind of like taking a Picasso and repainting it. What's the point? The fans have already endured having to purchase endless greatest hits packages. Ok not be totally negative I am hopeful that some of the other music not released is a little more edgy. Best of luck Foreigner!

MetalMystriss

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2009, 05:17:29 pm »
Now see...I'm on the exact oposite end of both of the last 2 post.

First..The old is just the old! No one sounds like they do on albums. You can't edit a live concert. I have seen Lou in concert a few times. Lou has contributed alot to the band but comes nowhere near the talent that Kelly brings! Onstage or Off. JMO!:smile::smile:

As for Wiley's post...You're right...
Kelly's no Lou, HE'S KELLY! I wouldn't pay to see Lou Gramm in concert.

Kelly not rockin'...apparently you know NOTHING of his history in the music business. Blows Lou's right out of the water!:wink:
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

wiley

• Newbie Member
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2009, 07:37:08 pm »
You are right I have not listened to any of Kelly's work pre Foreigner. I am just judging him on his body of work that I have listened to both live and these samples from the new album. Lou Gramm is a legend and while it is true he is not the singer he once was in his day he was the best in my opinion. I think Kelly has a good voice and I was just voicing a complaint I have had with Mick Jones for quite some time. It has been a long time coming for new material. In fact even when Lou was in the band the were not very prolific in the 90's or 2000's. The new music has some bright spots but I fear most of what I have heard so far sounds like alot of ballads. That's cool if the band were Air Supply but this is Foreigner! If you think that Kelly is better than Lou so be it. Just remember Lou made all of those songs famous and there will never be anyone who can truly replace that unique vocal. It's fair to say that Kelly does a good job singing but like any classic rock band that has tried to replicate their sound with another vocalist its impossible to match. This is why it is good they are coming out with new material that they can stand on their own with and not have to just sing and sell the classics over and over.

shadow

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2009, 11:47:11 am »
Lou has nowhere near the talent Kelly has and Kelly blows him out of the water. Are you serious?

Let me add to that. Wars are also good for the economy, racism is acceptable and children dying in third world countries is just not that important......Just my opinion.

Your either a relative of Kelly or your being paid to make comments like that. I'll bet if you ask Kelly if he thinks he blows Lou out of the water, he'll wholeheartedly disagree.

He's a great singer, but he does NOT have the natural talent that Lou has in any era.

Shadow.

wiley

• Newbie Member
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2009, 02:01:49 pm »
Well said Shadow!