Great subject.... Kelly Kelly Kelly!
Foreigner fan since the late 70's, I've seen them many times. It's normal for the front man to be the main attraction on the stage but when Lou was singing (awesome vocalist and love him) it wasn't there for me with his stage presence nor his looks. My eyes were always on Mick mostly. He was the 70's & 80's stud on that stage that rocked me with that guitar & his dashing smile. He's still got it. As for Lou vs Kelly.... Hurricane's vocalist goes Foreigner was a stellar decision on Mick's part. My Kelly countdown:
1. Friggin Hottie on stage sells the crowd. (they love him)
2. Sings better than Lou, he has added a better talent to the original tunes with the way he sings them. (I can prove it with old CD vs No End in Sight and the newest vids mostly) I wanna hear him sing Fight For You LIVE damn it!!!! Friggin love that song~ So sexy on the CD with Kelly singing.
3. Love the tight pants, it's HIS image. Kelly in baggie jeans is not a look that would be appealing on the stage. Tight Tight Tighter! Um, peeps remember him for his tight pants with the hot buttons down the leg at the ankle~ (I want a pair & so does my daughter and I'm a fashion nut)
4. Tousled hair that has that inhibited look that makes the women wanna grab him off the stage. (you know who you are) and don't you ever cut off your hair. I will come find you! lol
5. Please don't compare him to S. Tyler as Kelly's stage presence is better than his. Just b.c he isn't as famous as Tyler doesn't mean he is imitating, or trying to be like him. Tyler is an awesome vocalist we all know that but not exactly the most attractive man. He has looks that have made him famous with that voice of his but Kelly IS an attractive man and IS better on stage jumping, strutting, dancing and what ever else it is that he does on that stage that lures us to beam our eyes & ears upon him. Seriously if Kelly were singing Aerosmith songs and had $$$ to cloth himself to the hill like Tyler and was replacing Tyler (sigh) we would be just as happy instead of Aerosmith not existing anymore. (well I would be unhappy, there is a point here somewhere, lol) So yes um, Kelly is doing his thang people not a Tyler thang, lol.
6. The first time I saw Kelly sing with Foreigner I actually had my eyes on someone other than Mick. Second time I noticed the talent of a sexy sax player, still oogled Kelly and Mick but realized the band was hotter than when I was younger and had better talent. Third concert yet another hottie joined the group on the keyboards (got married and ruined it for us girls) and by the time the seventh concert came for me to see "holy moly" the new drummer that came from Billy Idol band is yet another hottie. Okay so how did I miss Jeff? I didn't... wanted to save that head banging cutie patootie for last. So now you have it... A hot ass singer with a stellar voice and five additional uber talented hotties backing him. What's that all add up to? Oh, that would be my Kelly number 7.
7. Kelly and the new FOREIGNER! 5 yes FIVE Hot Blooded Dirty White Boys!!! (yup, I'm one facinating bitch I'm not gonna lie) "snicks"... all of this is of course one girl's opinion... I'm looking for my girlies here once again to keep me in check... am I right? You know who you are, don't make me come find you in MySpace!!!
Where are you girls? URGENT