Author Topic: Lou Vs Kelly  (Read 9677 times)

JackBenny

• Newbie Member
Lou Vs Kelly
« on: February 28, 2009, 05:50:51 pm »
OK fans here's the truth as I see it!
Lou was great in his day. Unfortunatly life and age takes it's toll on all of us!  Lou is a monument/icon in Rock history. Love him forever!  

Now ask yourselves, should Foreigner's music die because he just can't sing like he used to anymore? My opinion is NO! They where & are still so great.  Let's get behind Kelly & thank him for helping Mick Jones & Band, keep foreigner alive and out here for all of us to see & hear in concert!!!!  Also, let us remember Kelly isn't trying his own arrangment or rendentions! He is wonderful!
Thanks Mick & thank you Kelly!! xo TroilynOKC

Jan

• Jan
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 05:29:00 pm »
I totally agree with you!!  Lou has to be devastated and frustrated beyond what we can imagine!  How cruel life can be!  I hope his health improves and has great success with his own band. He and Foreigner have an amazing body of work that we can continue to enjoy on CD and DVD.
I am so thankful Kelly stepped in and is keeping Foreigner alive and moving forward with Mick and co.  It has to be rough for him, too, since some of the fans don't get it and are rude.  
You are right, Kelly needs to know how appreciative we are!!  He hasn't tried to do his own thing at all.  He has a great voice and lots of energy and really works the crowd.
He is keeping Foreigner alive and moving forward!!  How awesome that the band is attracting new fans along the way!!  All the guys work so hard at giving us such great performances.  Anyone who thinks this line-up is not the way to go needs to watch the "All Access Tour" which was filmed after Lou's surgery -- it is just sad.  The timing, energy and joy were not there.  Fast forward to "alive and rockin'" and the Soundstage DVDs -- energy, joy and enthusiasm -- plus amazing cohesiveness!!!!
Way to go Mick, Kelly, Thom, Jeff, Michael and Brian!!!!!

myballs99

• Newbie Member
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 04:18:55 pm »
does this mean lou gramm is not singing with the band anymore, what the fuck, I had no idea,  and I just bought tickets, shit i hope this kelly guy is good!!!

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 07:55:13 pm »
Lou is not singing with the band anymore.  Go with an open mind and I promise Kelly will not disappoint!

SevenSeasOfRhye

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 11:40:41 am »
:ninja:  Trust me Kelly performs as good as Lou
        and looks a million times better too.

:rolleyes:

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 07:46:11 pm »
uh oh don't get those Lou girls all fired up!
Let me answer for them..."Have you seen Live at Mountain Creek?!?
love my Lou girls!!!

MetalMystriss

• SLAVE TO THE GUITAR GODS!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 08:40:48 am »
I back that statement!

Kelly is not only a great vocalist but he is an all around great Musician.

It's no secret, I'm a Foreigner fan BECAUSE Kelly is a member & I gave the music a chance.

I remember seeing Foreigner back in 85/86 with Joe Walsh & a few other bands. Give me the Kelly yrs anyday! :smile:

While both men are talented, I think Kelly brings a new 'energy' to the band....JMO:smile:

Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

sharkcity

• Newbie Member
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 11:55:52 pm »
Finding Kelly was a stroke of good luck. Hiring Kelly was a brush of genius. He sings much better live than Lou. He's so close to perfect on the songs it's scary. He's nicer too. He's a Heavy Rocker of the first order. Looking forward to studio record!!

Love Lou on all the great old studio songs.

Kelly gets the nod if contest were held today.

Peace

SoUrgent

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 08:48:22 am »
Well said JackBenny.

Kelly is incredible. He has such stage presence, is an incredible showman, and hits every note he sings. He brings such energy to the stage, and the entire band feels it. They pump each other up and the crowd up.

Give Kelly a chance. I am willing to bet my bottom dollar (which isn't much, lol) that you will be amazingly impressed!!! Trust us 99!!

bevdugger

• Newbie Member
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 09:15:05 pm »
Just left the concert in Fayetteville, Arkansas and I say Kelly ROCKS!!!:biggrin:

jlpaul20

• Newbie Member
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 03:41:14 pm »
Kelly fits the band real well. Need to work a bit on getting his own persona instead of trying to be Steve Tyler. Might get one size up on the next pair of jeans too. Looks painful :blink:

MetalMystriss

• SLAVE TO THE GUITAR GODS!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 08:00:59 pm »
I happen to like Kelly's look myself, ESPECIALLY the jeans! :tongue:
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

SevenSeasOfRhye

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 10:26:41 pm »
:biggrin:Well Kelly's pasorna happens to be like Steven Tyler but He is much much prettier than Steven.
About the jeans may be little bit too tight especially in those videos from Euro Tour but they still look cool to me.

:wub:

KillerQueen

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 12:06:42 pm »
First of all I gotta say that I've never experienced Foreigner with Lou live on stage. But they were a part of my youth, as I was a teenager back in the 80s. I still love his voice with that big value of recognition. I never get tired listening to him. That's his legacy.

Now Kelly is a one off in my eyes. He has everything. Beautiful voice, good looks and a disarming stage presence. I could watch him singing all the time. I think he's a great benefit for the band. He's not only the singer who sings the Foreigner songs. He's Kelly, who lives those songs basically and who keeps the Foreigner story going.

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 12:34:58 am »
Great subject.... Kelly Kelly Kelly!

Foreigner fan since the late 70's, I've seen them many times. It's normal for the front man to be the main attraction on the stage but when Lou was singing (awesome vocalist and love him) it wasn't there for me with his stage presence nor his looks. My eyes were always on Mick mostly. He was the 70's & 80's stud on that stage that rocked me with that guitar & his dashing smile. He's still got it. As for Lou vs Kelly.... Hurricane's vocalist goes Foreigner was a stellar decision on Mick's part. My Kelly countdown:

1. Friggin Hottie on stage sells the crowd. (they love him)

2. Sings better than Lou, he has added a better talent to the original tunes with the way he sings them. (I can prove it with old CD vs No End in Sight and the newest vids mostly) I wanna hear him sing Fight For You LIVE damn it!!!! Friggin love that song~ So sexy on the CD with Kelly singing.

3. Love the tight pants, it's HIS image. Kelly in baggie jeans is not a look that would be appealing on the stage. Tight Tight Tighter! Um, peeps remember him for his tight pants with the hot buttons down the leg at the ankle~ (I want a pair & so does my daughter and I'm a fashion nut)

4. Tousled hair that has that inhibited look that makes the women wanna grab him off the stage. (you know who you are) and don't you ever cut off your hair. I will come find you! lol

5. Please don't compare him to S. Tyler as Kelly's stage presence is better than his. Just b.c he isn't as famous as Tyler doesn't mean he is imitating, or trying to be like him. Tyler is an awesome vocalist we all know that but not exactly the most attractive man. He has looks that have made him famous with that voice of his but Kelly IS an attractive man and IS better on stage jumping, strutting, dancing and what ever else it is that he does on that stage that lures us to beam our eyes & ears upon him. Seriously if Kelly were singing Aerosmith songs and had $$$ to cloth himself to the hill like Tyler and was replacing Tyler (sigh) we would be just as happy instead of Aerosmith not existing anymore. (well I would be unhappy, there is a point here somewhere, lol) So yes um, Kelly is doing his thang people not a Tyler thang, lol.

6. The first time I saw Kelly sing with Foreigner I actually had my eyes on someone other than Mick. Second time I noticed the talent of a sexy sax player, still oogled Kelly and Mick but realized the band was hotter than when I was younger and had better talent. Third concert yet another hottie joined the group on the keyboards (got married and ruined it for us girls) and by the time the seventh concert came for me to see "holy moly" the new drummer that came from Billy Idol band is yet another hottie. Okay so how did I miss Jeff? I didn't... wanted to save that head banging cutie patootie for last. So now you have it... A hot ass singer with a stellar voice and five additional uber talented hotties backing him. What's that all add up to? Oh, that would be my Kelly number 7.

7. Kelly and the new FOREIGNER! 5 yes FIVE Hot Blooded Dirty White Boys!!! (yup, I'm one facinating bitch I'm not gonna lie) "snicks"... all of this is of course one girl's opinion... I'm looking for my girlies here once again to keep me in check... am I right? You know who you are, don't make me come find you in MySpace!!!

Where are you girls? URGENT