Author Topic: Lou Vs Kelly  (Read 11826 times)

Jan

• Jan
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2009, 05:05:33 pm »
Note to MM -- thanks!!  We do agree on this topic -- smart and savvy are we :)

BTW -- Johnny Edwards sang, "I'll Fight For You" -- which I think is on the double CD -- "No End in Sight."  I think he did all the vocals for "Unusual Heat."  There was a clip from a movie that featured "I'll Fight for You" with the band standing in a field and JE singing in a poet shirt and he looked like Fabio!  That was just strange -- Mick did not look at home in a field!!!  JE's voice sounded fine -- just didn't work out, I guess. I never saw him live -- just that vid.
If anyone can add to this info or correct it, please do!!

MetalMystriss

• SLAVE TO THE GUITAR GODS!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2009, 11:46:24 pm »
Not to mention loyal to a fault Jan!:wink:
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2009, 08:45:37 pm »
RE: Now see...I'm on the exact oposite end of both of the last 2 post.

First..The old is just the old! No one sounds like they do on albums. You can't edit a live concert. I have seen Lou in concert a few times. Lou has contributed alot to the band but comes nowhere near the talent that Kelly brings! Onstage or Off. JMO!

As for Wiley's post...You're right...
Kelly's no Lou, HE'S KELLY! I wouldn't pay to see Lou Gramm in concert.

Kelly not rockin'...apparently you know NOTHING of his history in the music business. Blows Lou's right out of the water!

I agree~ I wouldn't pay to see Lou Gramm even if his voice were back now that I can hear Kelly instead with the band. I saw Lou many times back then. Yes, he is a great singer... but I like kelly's singing better. There is something more capturing in his voice that appeals to me. It's not because he is a hot guy either. I played old Lou with Foreigner one night (my fav songs) and then played No End End in Sight songs with Kelly and found myself happier after a stressed day. It's all good~ as long as Foreigner continues to rock!

shadow

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2009, 05:33:46 pm »
So what your saying southbeachnites is you wouldn't support Foreigner if they one day decided to have an original band member reunion?

It's amazing how a lot of long time Foreigner fans who aren't happy about what's happened with Lou Gramm, yet they still support Kelly and the new Foreigner. Then there's the other side that accept only Kelly and wouldn't support Lou at all, almost as if Foreigner didn't exist prior to Kelly.

I'll take the man who brought Mick Jones to his knees with his voice back in the mid seventies, and I'll continue to support Kelly and the current Foreigner music.

Shadow

7574nrfan

• Newbie Member
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2009, 05:40:54 pm »
I agree with Southbeachnites. Like Lou's voice, thats what brought me to the band all those years ago. But I love Kelly's voice, no matter what he sings. Have Hurricane, Into the Light and cover songs all added to my IPOD. Just depends on my mood, sometimes all of it. I could listen to Kelly sing all day and usually listen right before I go to sleep. I've heard Lou on youtube... not impressive these days. Kelly's better live as well, more energy.

shadow

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2009, 07:14:15 pm »
You do know what happen to Lou right?

Shadow.

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2009, 07:35:44 pm »
Shadow~

So what your saying southbeachnites is you wouldn't support Foreigner if they one day decided to have an original band member reunion?

====================================

Of course I would support Foreigner in that! Never said I wouldn't. I love reunions but I go outta my way to see this band now because of Kelly... (Mick and Tom)~ If Kelly weren't singing I'd see the band maybe once a year just because I love their music. I am sooo in love with Kelly's voice when he sings. Lou NEVER did that to me he made me love the music but not the band. ( I do have a point here somewhere) crazy dirty white girl!

=====================================

RE: Then there's the other side that accept only Kelly and wouldn't support Lou at all, almost as if Foreigner didn't exist prior to Kelly.

> I know it may seem that way because we are currently experiencing the best of Foreigner now with a singer that most think he is ALL THAT~ (well he is)... I know how Foreigner existed before and rocked my world, I will never forget those concerts and Lou's voice. I do like them better now thats all. At least I can compare because I grew up with them and their music being my favorite band.

======================================

I'll take the man who brought Mick Jones to his knees with his voice back in the mid seventies, and I'll continue to support Kelly and the current Foreigner music.

Shadow

> It's all good and I'm glad you support Kelly. I am glad you support a legendary singer too in Lou~

Hugs~
Rhonda
======================================

7574nrfan~

I agree with Southbeachnites.  I could listen to Kelly sing all day and usually listen right before I go to sleep. I've heard Lou on youtube... not impressive these days. Kelly's better live as well, more energy.

Well I haven't seen ya post in awhile hun~ hi

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2009, 07:48:17 pm »
RE: You do know what happen to Lou right?

I think most do Shadow. It is sad but his illness doesn't have anything to do with me liking another vocalist because I think he sings better than Lou. Once again, I think Lou was an awesome vocalist... that will never change.

I have 2 favorite vocalists...

1. Kelly Hansen

2. Mark Slaughter

It doesn't get any better than that for me anyway!

shadow

Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2009, 01:42:30 am »
Was referring to 7574nrfan when I asked the question about Lou's illness.

That individual suggested Lou didn't sound very good these days, which prompted my question.

I do think Kelly is a great addition to Foreigner, however for my ears he doesn't quite seem to have that deep soulful take the music notes to ridiculous levels, like Lou Gramm or Paul Rodgers or Steve Perry.

I've seen Lou live many many times in his prime and Paul a half dozen times. I get an absolute chill when these singers perform. I don't get that with the current rendition of Foreigner. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the shows very much, just not like I use to.

Like yours, just my opinion so lets enjoy Foreigner's resurgence, and besides, their not going to be around for ever.

Shadow.

MetalMystriss

• SLAVE TO THE GUITAR GODS!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2009, 01:39:53 pm »
Mine are Kelly Hansen & Jeff Keith:tongue:

Mark's on my top 5 list though. I've known him since I helped VVI in the 80's. GREAT guy! Very fan friendly.:smile:
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2009, 02:12:53 pm »
RE: Mark's on my top 5 list though. I've known him since I helped VVI in the 80's. GREAT guy! Very fan friendly.

Yes he is a great guy with a great voice! He has a very active fan base that write him everyday still.

hoosiermama

• Newbie Member
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2009, 08:25:13 am »
kELLY DOES SOUND LIKE lOU BUT WITH A GROWLY GRUFFNESS IN HIS VOICE THAT IS SEXXY!!!!!!!i'M SO GLAD THEY ARE TOURING AGAIN HOPE TO SEE THEM THIS YEAR OR NEXT

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Lou Vs Kelly
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2009, 04:25:01 pm »
Yes, it is sexy. Why us girls love him!