Author Topic: Lou Gramm Upset - Calls Foreigner Line-up "False Advertising".  (Read 23229 times)

Jan

• Jan
Re: Lou Gramm Upset - Calls Foreigner Line-up "False Advertising".
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2011, 01:24:51 pm »
Sherry,
Lou does sound better than a few years ago.  I love "Just Between You and Me" -- the rhythm, the lyrics, the melody -- always been a fave.  When we saw him last summer, there were glimmers of the old Lou in the vocals -- a phrase here and there.   He adjusted for the high notes in the Foreigner songs -- still somewhat of a struggle. "Baptized by Fire" from his newer CD was written entirely in his vocal range and sounded pretty good -- I think I taped it also.  I wish him the very best on his tours -- just would appreciate if he stopped his negative comments directed at Mick and Foreigner.  It is a tough world out there -- adding negativity is just not productive for anyone!
Jan

Jan

• Jan
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2011, 01:30:01 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IHOimUwndKE

This is "Baptized by Fire."  His bass player, Ad Zimmer, was very good and super nice. 

sherrmorr

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2011, 04:02:40 pm »
His voice is definitely improved from the last time I heard him. I haven't seen him in concert. May have to check that out.
Sherry
Tom's cat #1

foreignerfan24

• Newbie Member
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2011, 04:59:57 pm »
I was an 80's kid growing up, listened to Lou when he was with Foreigner and nothing ever grew on me with him. I was never a Fan, until Kelly took the healm. Kelly is by far hands down the BEST. Anyone that would argue that is CRAZY. The guy is amazing and a true asset to the new Foreigner ...

Hey Lou, ever heard out with the old and in with the new? Lou your karaoke gone WRONG, AT BEST. Give it a rest.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 05:02:01 pm by foreignerfan24 »

sherrmorr

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2011, 09:30:57 pm »
Foreigner Fan24 writes: I was an 80's kid growing up, listened to Lou when he was with Foreigner and nothing ever grew on me with him. I was never a Fan, until Kelly took the healm. Kelly is by far hands down the BEST. Anyone that would argue that is CRAZY. The guy is amazing and a true asset to the new Foreigner ...

Hey Lou, ever heard out with the old and in with the new? Lou your karaoke gone WRONG, AT BEST. Give it a rest.

OUCH.  I adore Kelly and comparing the two is like apples and oranges. I like them both. I don't like it when Lou goes off on his rants, but let's honor the contribution he made to Foreigner. When Foreigner was made, Kelly was just a kid.  ;D. Lou paved the way. Kelly is just a smidge older than me, so I don't think Kelly would have been in a position to be a frontman competing with Lou.
Sherry
Tom's cat #1

kukima

• Newbie Member
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 03:50:03 pm »
It is so unfair of Lou Gramm to say Kelly was trained to sing just like him, note for note...so ridiculous!  Listen to Kelly from his early days for goodness sakes!  He has always had an incredible talent and didn't need to be "trained" to sing like anyone else.  He has more than enough talent to stand on his own.  Lou..YOU were the one that left the group...be happy with the choice you made and move on...

ojmccaf1963

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2011, 08:24:50 pm »
YESSSS WAY TO GO LOU !!!! WOOOHOOO!!! TELL IT LIKE IT IS MY BROTHER!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!

You know it just had to be said, and Lou's right it's false advertising when you they go around promoting themselves as Foreigner when only 1 original member is left which is Mick Jones UNLESS due to his mystery illness has been replaced that you can just call the it a cover Foreigner band!!

And as for Lou Gramm he doesn't go behind the moniker Foreigner BUT the Lou Gramm band and just an fyi he does not only material from his classic days of Foreigner which he co-wrote half the catolog anyway but his solo material AND his new Christian materail!! So take that all you middle aged cloned brain washed Foreigner groupies ... and I hear Steven Tyler is planning an bio-pic of his life maybe Kelly Hanson should autidition!! loll ahahahahah

WAY TO LOU DAWG!! LOL

shadow

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2011, 09:26:36 pm »
Re: Foreignerfan24 comments,
Good on ya for being a renewed Foreigner fan. I'm sure it's much
appreciated. And of course your entitled to your opinion. But to come on here
and suggest Lou Gramm is a karaoke singer gone wrong at best is really not even worth
a reply. However, I just couldn't contain myself. Of course the general population would render
a comment like that as just what it is "verbal diarrhea"
I on the other hand actually find it insulting to Mick Jones more then anything.

So sorry all I could conjure up for a response is, you Foreignerfan24 are a moron, at best.
And of course, that's "just my opinion"

Shadow

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2011, 11:50:04 pm »
:::::peeks in:::::

::::looks around:::::

???  ::)

<sighs>

Same old arguments. It's like when the 92-2002 lineup was touring and there was always complaints about 'It's not the real Foreigner', because Lou and Mick were the only originals, and there was no Dennis Elliott or Rick Wills on bass.

I'm betting that there were probably people bitching back during the '4' lineup years because Ed, Al and Ian were no longer in the band.

It. Never. Ends.

The "true fan/real fan/original fan" argument never ends either. All this bickering and arguing on the internets over bands/band members/fans, etc. It's partly what drives/drove me away from FB/message forums/websites. I love all these guys, past and present. When it comes down to it, they are all decent people and all are highly talented music professionals.

Both Lou and Mick have had their successes and mistakes (both professional and personal) over the years. It's a bummer to see personal differences discussed in the press (but it's not new - public bickering was going on in interviews as far back as 1987, if not before). However, I'm sure to each party, they feel justified in their grievances, just like any of us would. There's a lot that we as fans don't know and will probably never know, and most importantly - never need to know. 3 sides to every story and all that.

To borrow (and bastardize) a comment from Queen Elizabeth I - Just listen and enjoy the music - all the rest is a dispute over trifles.....

Melanie  ;)

shadow

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2011, 06:38:26 am »
Melanie: I couldn't have said it better myself!!
Mick and Lou squabbles are legendary.
Obviously as a long time fan, I want the band to forge ahead.
Just drives me nuts when people come on here and make statements
like "Lou Gramm is a karaoke singer gone wrong at best"
That's just offside!!!

Shadow

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2011, 10:34:27 am »
Melanie -   THANK YOU!!!   So perfectly written.      Jeff

loyd

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2011, 10:48:21 am »
the guy that claims 'lou was a karaoke sing at best', is the same guy you would see on jerry springer throwing a chair at his mother-in-law cause she slept with his wife.

Jan

• Jan
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2011, 01:06:33 am »
Hi Melanie!

The voice of reason -- thank you!!!  The bickering is so not productive!!!!  We are all here (or should be here) as Foreigner fans!!!  The band's current members would probably appreciate us thanking the former members for their contributions!   The past shapes the present in music and in life.  We have an awesome present group of guys in this band!  We are so lucky we get to hear our favorite music payed so wonderfully!!  We need to turn our attention to supporting and promoting the band!  There many of us on the board who are so proud of the guys and excited about Foreigner's future!!  Sooooo -- let's do it!

Jan

Mysecretlover

• Newbie Member
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2011, 01:37:18 am »
Alright...my 2 cents worth...like both Lou and Kelly very much.  Dont want to compare, because as one person somewhere in one of the posts said....it's like comparing apples to oranges! I do prefer Kelly but Lou was also very good. Kelly admits and has accepted that not everyone likes him. He says he also has a job to do, and that is to continue along with the rest of the boys to entertain the fans.

Let's just ENJOY the music, the talent and be happy happy foreigner fans for a change! To answer what another person has quoted..that Kelly was "trained" to sing like Lou...How the heck is Kelly supposed to sing the classics? RAP style?!

Of course he's going to sing these songs the way they are meant to be sung...if he changes them, it's no longer the correct version of the songs! That's why they are called classic foreigner songs. Kelly's no newbie to the music industry either. He's been around since the 80's with Hurricane, and he belts it out like nobody's business.

Whatever went on between Mick and Lou...its in the past...let's all move forward and be happy happy :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:03:03 am by Mysecretlover »

ojmccaf1963

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2011, 02:51:38 pm »
Lou and Mick WERE FOREIGNER!!

They were like Kieth and Mick (Jagger) the Rolling Stones
or John Lennon and Paul, The Beatles
or Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, Aerosmith.

Yes, in 1992 they HAD differant back up members but to me THEY were the heart,soul and sound of Foreigner!!! It's never the same since Lou officailly left. Okay, yeah, post-Lou Surgery his vocal abilties have changed, but has any of you Kelly-lovers listened to Lou's vocals LATELY!!!!! He's improved!!! I think you all are gawking over Kelly cus of looks be honest!!! IF lou was still in shape, I bet you'd be wanting him back on Foreigner too!!! lol

Anyway, I'm in agreement with Lou Gramm, and it's a shame that Foreigner continue to tour without Mick jones and I'll be praying for his speedy recovery...the rest of the band needs it!!! Well, there is a Steven Tyler bio-pic that Kelly can try out for!! lol