Author Topic: A suggestion to the FWT/Forum  (Read 2169 times)

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
A suggestion to the FWT/Forum
« on: December 11, 2011, 12:54:33 pm »
You may want to look into upgrading the SMF forum software to version 2.0.1. I just recently upgraded one of my personal forums with the new version and it contains a lot more controls to reduce spam accounts and postings than the previous version did. It's a little bit of work to upgrade to that version, but well worth it in the power granted on the back end to limit forum accounts to legitimate posters and to help block out the spam advertising posts.

Anywho - just a friendly suggestion - good luck!

Melanie :)

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
Re: A suggestion to the FWT/Forum
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:45:52 pm »
Melanie - does it come with increased memory so we can post more pics?!

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 02:43:41 pm »
Jeff - the upgrading of the forum software in and of itself would not necessarily increase memory/space for photo posting - that would depend upon the settings the admin allows for photos to be uploaded to the site's servers. That being said, it is possible that updated forum software might allow for more functionality as far as how big of an individual file (photo, attachment, whatever) can be uploaded at one time - but again it depends on what the server file size limit is (as set by either the admin or the web hosting company restrictions.)

I can surmise that the site may have restrictions in order to prevent their server space from being filled past capacity with fan photo uploads. (Because, beleive me, when you have a website, nothing sucks more than running out of server space!)

Melanie :)

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 03:44:16 pm »
Unfortunately you confirm what I suspected. They do have to limit the memory we can use because we do get carried away at times. But then, that's what we have facebook for! Let facebook provide the memory for pics so we can use this site for our beloved forum!