Author Topic: Foreigner/or a cover band?  (Read 15416 times)

Tatjana

Re: Foreigner/or a cover band?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 12:06:58 pm »
Mel: Oh, I didn't mean to imply that your comments were confusing. Just the opposite: I always happen to find your postings to be very enlightening and full of "Inside Information". ;)

I was actually referring to my own comments since they looked out of context regarding Chumps previous posts so I thought I'd try to clear things up.

Neither am I subscribed to any of those pages anymore, I saw it accidentally and thought it was perhaps not a good idea to post the link there.

Tatjana :)

rv67

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 10:32:56 pm »
Thank you Jan...Chump is referring to my comment...i do not have a degree in communication, but i know it is the fans responsibility too find out what ever infomation you can before you buy your ticket too see see anyone perform..venues will even make you aware of certain changes now after that your choice too to go  is your choice after that.. but it is very clear our guys are getting a lot of flack from Lou followers and they HATE the fact that Kelly is doing an excellent job in his role as lead singer ...and you guys will throw what ever stones you can at the the band too try too bring them down...making comments such as calling them a cover band, accusing them of being frauds because no original members are in the band all kinds of crap because you guys can't stand too see them sucessful with out LOU!!!! thats really what its all about your haters...keep it real!!!...but THIS band is going too be sucessful with out you!!! They have true fans who will stand behind them and support them no matter what you guys come up with believe me...its enough of us too do that!! WE LOVE THEM and thats all that matters...love conquers  ALL!!! ...Thank you and have a great day!!  :) Thanks Jan you are the bomb!!and you said it well!!!!!! :)

shadow

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 12:55:34 am »
Ah, Welcome to the Foreigneronline forums, where your entitled to your opinion, just as long as it doesn't waver from the general consensus. The forum members here need to understand that the fan base for Foreigner is so much larger then the posters on this site.
The very fact that chump 329 came on here to post a concern, should be commended. I see it as an element of care more then anything. Others might respond with silence and loss of interest.

I for one struggle with Mick not being there, especially with the band sounding so good. I've been a fan for sooooo long, it really is impossible for me to lose interest in this music. But that's me, and that's you. Time will tell if it's everyone else.
The economy in the U.S.A is fragile at best, so it really shouldn't be surprising if people take exception to spending their grocery money on a concert ticket to a band they loved but don't recognize anymore. And I don't mean for aging reasons.

On another note, Melanie, aka Foreignerfiles, your a wealth of information..it's ridiculous..lol.

Peace,
Shadow

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 10:31:54 pm »
Thank you, Shadow. Good response.

Jan

• Jan
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 10:48:15 pm »
Hi Shadow and everybody on this thread.....

I do think there are several agendas going on here.  There are those who do have questions and concerns about how the band is being marketed while Mick is out, like Chump.  There are others who feel that the band is a cover because Lou chose to move on; some of those people feel the need to denigrate Foreigner rather than just follow Lou and enjoy his shows and successes.

Then, there is the fan base who is loyal to the current members.  We love the current line-up and are very distressed that Mick is ill.  Mick's absence is temporary -- he is a current band member.  The reason the band sounds so awesome is that Mick hand picked each member and has kept a very strict focus on keeping the music true to Foreigner's sound.  Even the new songs sound like Foreigner.  Even though Mick is not on stage right now -- he is there in spirit.  Each of the band members honors him by playing their hearts out night after night!  They are doing their best to make sure to deliver a fabulous performance to concert  goers!  We owe Bruce a huge thank you!!  He is really enjoying filling in for Mick as well as doing an excellent job!

I do feel that people really need to check out all the available resources to find out what each band is doing before buying tickets.  Foreigner cannot possible control the advertising and promo for each show!   A quick trip through YouTube provides a ton of information!  Before I saw the first show with this line-up, I bought and "extended versions live in Vegas '05" CD and watched a lot of YouTube videos.  I also bought the "Alive and Rockin'" DVD!  All were just awesome!!! The band is even better now!  Bottom line -- it's all about the music!  People are buying tickets to hear Foreigner music; to be entertained and see a great show!!!

Legitimate questions are welcome here!!  The people who are posting here because they want Lou to come back really need to move on -- to his fan site!!!!!  He's not coming back!  

As long as Mick is in charge -- the band is Foreigner!!!!

Jan

PS  Agreed -- Melanie!!!!!  You are awesome!
PS  To our fellow fans -- you guys all rock!!

shadow

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 01:51:53 am »
Hey Jan, great points!!

All I can really add is, Mick and Lou stuff will never go away as long as their still active. Too much history for that to ever happen.
So with that said, I'm thinking any topic Foreigner related should happen here, with the exception of nasty distasteful postings. This keeps Foreigner relevant and in the now.

Shadow

lloyd

• Newbie Member
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2012, 05:07:33 pm »
marcus1023/lynn and others; as many of you know i am a long time fan[also known as randy], since the first album. like marcus and lynn i was upset when i realized how many concerts mick had missed on this tour without ever letting the fans know front he would not be there, at least on this official site or through the media. i felt cheated, the foreigner guitar solos were not as good as mick plays period. so i too checked with my lawyer relative, he intially thought that thousands of fans on many cities could have been duped by the promoters, the reason this lawsuit would have no value is that once kelly hansen recorded a cd with the band he is considered a member of foreigner, end of story. the definition of a member is a difficult thing to define... as we all know there is guy in las vegas that still tours as former lead singer of foreigner and has never really been in the band...anyone could probably say they were a former member of another faceless band 'TOTO' any noone would be able to tell you were not a member...still foreigner without lou or mick has a emptyness about it...

yes bad company had the same issues, brian howe was touring as 'bad company' until he was sued and forced the cease/desist using the name for promotion of his tour, he has to tour as 'brian howe, former lead singer of bad company'

Kenn27

• Newbie Member
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2012, 03:57:31 am »
Even without Mick, I'd call Foreigner still Foreigner. Kelly Hansen has been in the band for quite some time - so have the others, Jeff and the guys are brilliant and I consider THEM Foreigner now, regardless of whether they play on 70s/80s hits or not. Keeping that in mind, I still would much prefer having Mick in the band - but I'd be equally as bothered if someone was filling in for Kelly, Jeff, Thom or Michael. They're the best Foreigner lineup so far, and not even close to being a 'cover band' in my books.

Luke

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2012, 08:50:50 pm »
Hmmmm I'm curious why you would take parts of the law out of context
and present it here. For your info Foreigner fits the law even if Mick is not performing.
If you really knew the law you would know that !

Luke

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 09:55:08 pm »
I have been quietly reading all this from the sidelines
kinda like slowing down to see that car accident on the other side of the road
no one really wants to hear my redheaded-Irish-Sicilian side of this (that is never pretty!)

My Foreigner brothers and sisters, you know who you are...
We know what is true and authentic
and we know the love and appreciation shown us in return

Amen Brother Luke!

ojmccaf1963

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 08:47:58 pm »
(COUGH-COUGH) COVER BAND (COUGH-COUGH)

TomsCat2

• Newbie Member
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2012, 09:38:44 pm »
I was commenting to a friend Foreigner sounds better than ever. I adore the current line up. When I saw them last year, it was the second concert Mick had missed. Obviously I was disappointed, as many fans no doubt were. That being said, the band was amazing. Joel Hoekstra who had a full 8 hours to learn the set, did an AMAZING job! What a talent.
Mick hand picked the band and I can't imagine the current lineup being any better.  They are so much fun to see the way they interact on stage. They sort of have this look as if to say, "I can't believe we are getting paid to do this!"
Note to the band: Yeah boys. We are paying you to do this because you do it so astonishingly well, and you deserve it!
As for Mick, of course he is sorely missed. I believe I can speak for most fans when I say we want him back ASAP. As for me, I want him back, but not a day before he is ready to ROCK.

ojmccaf1963

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2012, 11:10:37 am »
OMG!!! I LOVE THIS THREAD AND I WASN'T THE ONE WHO STARTED IT!!!!!! LOVE IT!! AHAHAHAH!!

Yessss I would think if NO ORIGINAL MEMBERS WERE IN THE ORIGINAL *FOREIGNER* LINE UP YEEEAH I WOULD THINK THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A TRIBUTE FOREINGER BAND!!!! I mean, Yeeeeah Lou Gramm is still performing foreigner hits but you don't see him calling his band Foreigner but the Lou Gramm Band and Lou had a great point --- it is false advertisement for these *musicains* to go out and perform as Foreigner EVEN WITHOUT THE LONE ORIGINAL MEMBER MICK JONES!! I am really really praying for Micks recovery and able to get back with foreigner cus the the rest of those guys they need the work understandable!!! It's just a sad sad sad sad state how these 6 *musicians* are touring under the name of Foreigner legally as if they been around since 1977!!!! Really?? And you dupes all falll for it --- a bunch of middle aged housewives most of you are gawking like at these guys like they were the Back Street Boys!! puhleeeeze!!!

You all are the ones that need a life!!