Author Topic: Street Team  (Read 7980 times)

MetalMystriss

• SLAVE TO THE GUITAR GODS!
Street Team
« on: May 09, 2009, 08:45:45 am »
Does FOREIGNER have one? :smile:
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

michellea

• FF#3
Street Team
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 09:15:09 am »
One was discussed over a year ago but never implemented by management.

MetalMystriss

Street Team
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 05:08:17 pm »
That's too bad. There's too much talent not to have one! I post concert dates, and buzz about them already but a structured team can do so much more. Hopefully they'll start one. We can hope right? :smile:
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

SoUrgent

Street Team
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 06:46:44 pm »
My friends and I (I'm 29) do the best we can to spread the word and the love of Foreigner as well. I buy them CD's and make them watch the SoundStage video, and soon enough I'll take them to a concert, and they are ROCKING as hard as us awesome fans are!! It takes a while, but with persistence and drive, it can- AND WILL- be done!! I am proud to say that I have recruited countless new fans as well!!!!

But yes, a structured street team would be incredible!! Especially with the news that a new album is said to be released late '09, early '10.

I'd be HAPPY to be a part of that!!

MetalMystriss

Street Team
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 10:09:18 pm »
Awesome SoUrgent! I'm so glad to hear that others are taking initiative. The guys really do deserve it! Every time you mention their name in some way it's letting people know that they're still around making great music. :tongue:

Another good way to get the music out there is to go to your local area hangouts that have jukeboxes or DJ's,whether it be a bar,club,pool hall, etc.

Find out who services the jukeboxes, usually it's a gaming company, but sometimes you luck out & the owner owns it, put on your nicest smile & see if they will put 'NO END IN SIGHT' in the jukebox or in rotation if it's a Dj. What's the worst they could do...say no.

Even if they do say no, try to have an MP3 player with the music & ask him/her to listen to it. If they counteract with an 'I can't make that decision'...you ask for the name of who does make those decisions,if they give you a hard time, make sure you have the company's name & call them & ask to meet the owner. Never think a NO is final.

Don't be harrassing, just be confident & everytime you go into that establishment play some of the album, that way it'll show that A)the CD is actually getting played & B) everyone will of course be curious as to who,what,when, & why and start playing it themselves because they will love what they are hearing without question. Just remember to keep that smile on your face...hehe

Just remember, you NEVER want to be rude/disrespectful, or pushy! (persistant, yes, but never rude/nasty, even on an unofficial basis you want to make sure to keep the reputation of the band intact and not to where they say that their fans get too pushy.)

If you have to...go back if you don't get them on the first try. :wink:

Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne:smile:
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

SoUrgent

Street Team
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 09:08:08 am »
That's a great suggestion!! I will do it for sure!!!!

Thanks Jeanne!

michellea

• FF#3
Street Team
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 09:59:59 am »
There are many of us who have been acting as an unofficial street team, calling and emailing radio stations, promoting Foreigner everywhere for many many months. Some of us have even worked for other official teams. They should take advantage. :)

MetalMystriss

Street Team
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 11:42:26 pm »
I agree Michellea! :tongue:

You have to remember...being on the road not only takes alot of time, but it's exhausting both mentally & physically. Unfortunately, if management doesn't have any interest in it, the band members usually don't have the time to get the ball rolling concerning a street team.

I always help those I believe in, even if on my own. I usually prefer to work under the radar myself. And I have been a Kelly fan since the 80's. Now, I'm a Foreigner fan :smile:

Like you, I've done & still work with a few bands doing street team work. I also co own a small music company, so I know alot of the tricks of the trade as well as how to achieve the most with as little money as possible, lol.

My motto the last 24 yrs has literally been "SLAVE TO THE GUITAR GODS" lol Not far from the truth. :biggrin: I try to stay out of the 'business' end, I leave that to my business partner & focus on my promotions. I choose who I help so I can keep my PR work free, I work a 'real' job for bills, lol

I used to work for a couple of labels directly in the 80's & after a certain guitar player being such an unpleasant egomaniac & mean/belittling to his fellow band members, I told him what I thought of him, quit my job, flew back to PA & was given some advice in a 21st bday call from an incredibly talented (not to mention smokin' HOTT!) Musician nice enough to reach out to a fan, a day early, well more like morning,4am EST, my Mom freaked! lol But that call changed my life's course & goals. ;o)

I even work with a couple of bands that I work directly with specific members. All I can say is to continue doing what you're doing, just as I will. I'm sure the guys are grateful, even if they don't have the time to tell you or have anyone to start a street team. :o)

Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne:smile:
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

MetalMystriss

Street Team
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 11:48:06 pm »
Anytime! I know alot of ways to inexpensively get an artist's music out there & keep their name in the public :smile:
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

MetalMystriss

Street Team
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 07:18:38 pm »
Before I go out for the evening, I just wanted to say to SoUrgent GREAT JOB!

I realize there's no official street team for the band but that doesn't mean we can't do our part to help the guys get heard. Am I right?

Nick was able to get one of the radio stations to play Foreigner's new song 'TOO LATE' on the radio.It may take baby steps but remember PERSISTANCE WEARS DOWN RESISTENCE!

I'm one that already does this, unfortunately I don't listen to the radio much to see if it worked for me. I think we all ought to do what we can so call all your local stations, email them, show up at their functions, whatever it takes...LET'S GET FOREIGNER'S "TOO LATE" in daily rotation. If we all do our part I know it could happen!!!!:tongue:

Foreigner has some of the most loyal fans I've ever seen, for both lineups!  :smile:

So who's with Nick & I? I'm compiling a list of all the stations, even on line that play the right format. I used to have a book with all of them from ASCAP,but that was 20 yrs ago.

Wouldn't that be the best Welcome back to the states(we missed you while you were gone present for the guys?)P.S. Remember your online radio stations as well! Again...Great Job Nick! :wink:

Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

michellea

• FF#3
Street Team
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 06:19:48 pm »
For those of us who have been around on this board for awhile, most of us probably still have the list of radio stations we called when Too Late first came out. I am sure many of us have been requesting this song all along, I know I have. I am sure if you search the archives, you can find the list we were using to call stations.

MetalMystriss

Street Team
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 12:56:46 pm »
Great! I'll definitely do a search!

Unfortunately alot of the stations change formats without alot of notice. I usually buy a list every few yrs. It's important to keep the song in rotation so everyone hears it & it'll draw new attention to the album, whether it be a new song or old song. Hopefully they'll have a new single to put out when the new album is completed.

Did you have a list of online internet radio stations as well? I'll post all the info I get/find & my next break I'll try to dig up the list you were using. They should already have a copy of the CD already then. AWESOME!:cool:

Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

MetalMystriss

Street Team
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 05:18:13 am »
Just out of curiousity..

With the European tour complete, now, BEFORE starting the US dates would be a perfect time for an official Street Team to be built! :smile:

There seems to be enough interest through the fans here for one. It can also draw alot more traffic to the shows & the membership here.

If not, I think all of us who are already doing the work should throw some ideas back and forth, make flyers, when the new CD comes out take tally's at record stores, exchange info on radio stations, etc. That way we can get the best results out of what we have to work with. We all want the guys to benefit! :tongue:

Just an idea. :smile:
Keep The Faith!
~Jeanne

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Street Team
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 12:45:54 am »
Very interesting chat here and I agree with you guys on the street team. Keep up the great energy. I know two peeps here that have MySpace pages with major Foreigner energy that would be great start up pages to convert to street team level.  I have Foreigner plastered all over mine and have tracker installed and get 40 to approx. 150 hits a day but I think a higher level of hits would generate with a daily administrator adding and replying to emails on a Foreigner only page with a personable person running it. Would be helpful to the Foreigner main MS page. Most high end MS pages have 2 to 3 people that run them when they are in full fan force. It is time consuming and you have to love to be online often relating to people. I do not generate fans from my page, my daily stalkers just stop by to see me but know I am a full blooded Foreigner fan by what they see on my page and player. I have been playing Too Late on my page since a few months after it came out and have had many peeps inquire about them (new song and all) and I forward them to this site and their main MS page and a concert connect page for concert pics. Would be great to have an official street team site that all fans can send their best pics to etc. Unfortunately for the longest time that Foreigner page was not updated in MySpace and peeps were not added for very long periods of time. ( they wrote me complaining b.c I sent them there) I see this admin is active again or new so this is a good thing and I have made comments to check the length of post time which has been fairly quick... bravo!  I have seen bands less popular than Foreigner have a MS page with a few street team pages that do well because of their dedicated admin which is key as FWT is to this forum. I love the fact that the fans are stepping forward to help and not just chat, and more so willing to spend the time to dedicate themselves to a greater Foreigner experience... this band is blessed with some very awesome fans. Is there anyone else here in this forum that is dedicating their MS pages to Foreigner in some way?

KillerQueen

Street Team
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 02:34:17 pm »
Excuse me, but what is a "Street Team"... Sounds like sort of a football team or something to me..:blush: