Author Topic: Foreigner is a Tribute Band  (Read 684 times)

Luke

Foreigner is a Tribute Band
« on: December 15, 2014, 01:26:27 pm »
Foreigner is a tribute to Mick Jones whom founded the band, wrote or co-wrote all the music, assembled the band members for the last 35 years, who has kept Foreigner alive, relevant and focused all this time, and now with the current lineup The band is better than ever and reaching millions of new and old fans. Plus in addition to all that
he still performs !!!  Thank you Mick !!!!!!

SU_5757

Re: Foreigner is a Tribute Band
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 02:24:15 pm »
I agree with you Luke and continue to pay tribute to this current incarnation/line-up of talented musicians.  Each member has Mick's stamp of approval or they wouldn't be performing as Foreigner.  Live music is a gift in this increasingly electronified world.  I'd rather appreciate the positive aspects than mope over the past.

Babs

• Babs
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 05:48:42 am »
Amen  - Su_5757

SoUrgent

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 02:05:39 pm »
Luke, I don't think the title of this thread matches the content of your message, but I get what you are saying...

But Amen SU_5757!

-Nick

hgwy407

• Newbie Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 02:09:08 pm »
Then call it an "official tribute." Should a band be recognized as The Beatles or Led Zeppelin with zero original members simply because Paul McCartney or Jimmy Page want to be "honored?" Give me a break. That would be narcissism on the highest scale. Playing the occasional show, or part of show, doesn't count. If Mick was touring with the band full time, fine, but anything other than that the band shouldn't be called Foreigner. It should be billed as an official tribute.

StephenJ

• Newbie Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 04:27:01 pm »
To me, at a minimum, Mick has to be on stage playing, or it can't possibly be called "Foreigner" with any shred of credibility. No Mick, no Foreigner, IMHO.

Jayman

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 04:47:51 pm »
Not exactly an original topic to post about.  I like the original poster's take on it. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:50:33 pm by Jayman »

alexaki

• Newbie Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 08:26:45 am »
You could say at the start of their set foreigner is made up with a bunch of foreigners :P