Author Topic: Message from Michael  (Read 14018 times)

fwt

• Administrator
Message from Michael
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:17:19 pm »
Michael Bluestein asked us to post his message below so that you all are aware of the news that will preclude him from playing with us for a while. Our thoughts and love are with him as he undergoes the medical procedures to bring him back to good health and back to the band. Please join us in expressing your own wishes for his speedy recovery. FWT

I recently went to the hospital following some symptoms, and it was discovered that I have Colorectal cancer. This has required me to take a leave of absence from the band for a significant period. The good news is that I caught this early enough so that through chemotherapy, radiation and surgery, I will be able to treat this and return to normal life after its over. And of course normal life for me includes rocking with Foreigner!! I want all the dear fans to know that your support means everything to me, and that I will sorely miss performing for you while I focus on my health. I am so proud to be involved with such world class musicians playing such incredible songs, so just know I am working very hard to get better so I can be back out there once again as soon as possible!
Meanwhile I have started a blog that I will be updating regularly to keep everyone in the loop. It is located at http://rectifyin.tumblr.com. You can sign up if youd like, and you will be notified whenever I make a new update. Im planning on updating it roughly once a week.

Michael Bluestein

michellea

• FF#3
Re: Message from Michael
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 01:20:51 pm »
Oh my goodness! Our thoughts and prayers are with Michael and his family. Thank you FWT, for posting this for us to read.

Michael, we will miss you dearly, but I have faith that you will come through this swiftly and will be back rocking with us in the near future!

All the best,
Michelle

Tatjana

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 01:31:30 pm »
I'm utterly shocked and speechless!

Thank you very much for being so open and candid Michael, you will be in our thoughts and prayers and we know you will come out of this with flying colours. You will be sorely missed but we know you'll come back.

Sending you all the best wishes.

Tatjana 

ekelly51

• FF#2
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 01:56:52 pm »
Thanks for posting fwt. I'm so sorry  :( to hear the news but I know Michael will recover and will come back before you know it.

We will miss you Michael. Please be rest assured that we are thinking about you and wishing you the best.
Take and get well soon.

Eunice

TomCat

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 02:07:11 pm »
Thanks for posting & letting us fans know FWT! Michael, us Foreigner fans wish you a speedy recovery & positive thoughts go a long way!! A special prayer for you every night until you are 100%!!!

Jennifer

aventuracane

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 02:25:15 pm »
Damn Michael so sorry to hear the news. Only wishing you best wishes. Love your determination & glad your doctors caught this early.

Interacted with you many times at meet & greets & I truly respect how down to earth and friendly you are.

Look forward to seeing you perform with Foreigner as soon as possible.

Hoping you have a speedy & full recovery.

Stuart

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:43:38 pm by aventuracane »

SoUrgent

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 02:43:53 pm »
Holy cow Michael!

While I am saddened to hear about this health issue, I am very happy that it was caught so early on.

Like Stuart, I as well have been fortunate enough to meet and interact with you a number of times at meet and greets, and have the utmost respect for how friendly and genuine you are. Your positive energy and optimism will carry you through this procedure and recovery.

I am also looking forward to following your blog.

We will all be wishing you a healthy, speedy, and full recovery.

Nick

Number1ForeignerFan

• THE BIGGEST FOREIGNER FAN OF ALL TIME
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:40 pm »
Michael, thank you for being so honest and upfront with your diagnosis. The rumor mill would have been spinning out of control. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife for a speedy recovery. You have always been so nice to all of us forum members and we await your return to the best rock band on the planet. 
The biggest Foreigner fan of all time.

rv67

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 03:00:44 pm »
Michael i knew something wasn't right!! >:(but at least i know what it is and i thank you for telling us so don't worry...we really appreciate your honesty and courage! We are going to pray and believe you through this!! I love you Michael and you are in our thoughts honey. Continue the process and stay strong.We will wait much love....Blessings to you ...Angry this happened..but what can one do!!!love you!

pompeygirl

• Newbie Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 03:35:51 pm »
So sorry to hear this Michael, very touched by your openness. Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending positive thoughts your way.

Meryl

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 05:06:05 pm »
Our dear Michael -

Having the pleasure of knowing you almost 4 years now, I hold the absolute highest regard for you as a caring and personable individual and a very talented musician. I consider you more a friend than an acquaintance, and I wish nothing but the absolute best for you.

We are all so very grateful this has been caught early and that you have such a positive outlook for your prognosis; this is so very important. While we will all miss you greatly while you are away, your health and recovery is so very important right now, and we all unselfishly put that first.

While none of us understand why something like this can happen to someone we know and care for so much, there must be something positive from this that will come to fruition. When I look back at the negatives that have happened in my life, there have always been positive things that come from it. I pray you will experience the same in this regard.

I too have experienced a somewhat serious health issue since I last saw you less than six weeks ago. Three weeks ago today I had surgery to implant a stent to repair a pseudo aneurysm of the aorta where the renal arteries branch off. I am now basically fully recovered. While nowhere near as serious as what you are experiencing, I can somewhat understand what may be going through your thoughts right now.

I know I can speak for us all when I say we lift you up in our own individual faiths, and through that faith, include your speedy and complete recovery in our prayers and meditations. Know that we hold you and Carrie in our hearts.

Please keep a positive attitude throughout this life event you have been faced with. If the going gets tough, just think of your FOREIGNER sisters and brothers who are all behind you, and the many others in your life who hold your complete recovery in the forefront of their thoughts as well.

In loving faith,
Jeff

shadow

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 07:28:48 pm »
God bless Michael. Prayers are plenty.

For everybody else...When we bitch and moan about the trivial things in life, let's think about Michael. This should put things into perspective for us.

Shadow

LisaSuzon1965

• Newbie Member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 09:32:42 pm »
Michael,

I know I can speak for most of your fans here, that we Truly Appreciate you being so Open & Honest with us! I admire you so much for opening your personal life to us, which most often celebrities don't & rightfully so! All I can say is Thank you for including us in your life, because you are definitely in ours! I know these next few months will be very difficult for, I will Pray that your body will react very mildly to all it is about to endure! :'(

Sending you & your Family my Thoughts & Prayers!!

(((BIG HUGS)))

Lisa :)
FF#5

debbiefrompa

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 10:04:19 pm »
Michael,
Thank you for sharing your news with us.  Just like you to be concerned about us and take the time to send us a message.  You are always such a sweetheart.  No matter how tired or busy, you always take time for us and have that big smile turned on.  Now it's our turn.  We will be sending postive thoughts and prayers your way and waiting for your return.  Love ya and take care,  Debbie

Jan

• Jan
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 11:04:58 pm »
Michael,
Thank you for inviting us into your personal life and to be a part of your most formidable journey!  The blog is a great idea!  We all enjoy you so much:  from your awesome command of the keys and great stage persona to your warm and friendly personality.  You always take time to chat, answer questions and interact with us.
Know that your Foreigner family is here for you!  Anything we can do to help -- let us know!  Hopefully, you will get though all the treatments with the least discomfort!  Yay for early detection!!!
You have your plan together -- all but the wheat grass juice sound very doable!  Had wheat grass juice once -- can you mix it with another juice??
I might suggest adding in a Hatha Yoga class to your repertoire for balance and focus! 
Looking forward to your return to rocking with the best band ever!!!!!  We all adore you and send the best wishes to you and your family!!!
Stay strong!!!!
A big hug to you!
Jan