Author Topic: A & E Private Sessions  (Read 4042 times)

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
A & E Private Sessions
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 10:05:42 pm »
Kev you were "surprised" to see me...!!??
They set that shot up right in front of me...my "surprise" from the audience coordinator, little did he know:wink:  Kelly and I had talked a bit before the cameras started to roll, don't know what I said to make him laugh at that moment...I will have to go back and see!  Will I see you at all at the end of the month?

headknocker

A & E Private Sessions
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 07:46:55 am »
Oh, I knew I'd see you but I didn't expect to see you front and center the moment the cameras started to roll :)

I'm not sure yet but we may catch the Great Adventure show. Theme park gigs certainly aren't my favorite type of venues but I don't have much choice in this case. I would prefer to see them at the Taj but nobody's allowed time off over Labor Day weekend so that's a no-go for me.

We're catching Puddle of Mudd at the AC HOB on the 22nd. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hopefully I'll see at the GA show.

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
A & E Private Sessions
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 08:31:44 am »
well I hope to see you guys at Great Adventure, not my ideal venue but it is the place I first saw the band two years ago so it has some special memories:wub:

particularly Kelly putting my pictures down his pants...but that's a story for another day:wink:

headknocker

A & E Private Sessions
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 12:02:05 pm »
I saw the old lineup at GA during the '02 tour and let's just say it wasn't one of their finest hours. Lou was fighting a cold and he struggled mightily.

I didn't go in '06 since I'm not really crazy about theme park gigs. I'm only thinking about going this time since I don't have another option.

I'll let you know.

Mark

A & E Private Sessions
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 10:14:18 pm »
Went to the A&E site and read the following:

"Foreigner  

Sunday, August 24 9:00am ET  

This morning renowned rockers Mick Jones and Kelly Hansen tell all--from their beginnings on the road to becoming stars and selling out arenas around the world to what their music means to them today. Plus, Foreigner performs their mega hits "Cold as Ice", "Double Vision", "Urgent", "Waiting for a Girl Like You" and their new song "Too Late". Hosted by Lynn Hoffman."

So it's confirmed!  Can't wait.

Also, melodicrock.com ran news of this show in their daily headline posts last week.

Mark

LoriBar

• Newbie Member
A & E Private Sessions
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 02:45:55 pm »
Has it been TWO YEARS ALREADY???
wow, time sure flies when your having fun!!!
Happy Anniversary to Gina and Kelly :wub::wub:

I was finally able to register here, it took me forever :ohmy:

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
A & E Private Sessions
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 09:24:37 pm »
This show is awesome and I cannot wait to get up early to see it on Sunday!  I saw the episode they did with Duran Duran.  There is performance and interview.  Maybe Mick will let some other guys do some talking :wink:

Mark

A & E Private Sessions
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 12:04:35 am »
Well I got to watch Private Sessions this morning, and the show was great!!  And it was an electric set afterall, not acoustic like for some reason I'd thought.  Some nice interviews with Mick and Kelly in between.  Mick talked about meeting and hanging out with The Beatles in France when he was playing with Sylvie Vartan and opening for them on their French tour.  Also some surprise questions from Sammy Hagar, Mark Ronson & Ozzy.  The songs sound really good, and some newer arrangements, at least to me.  Maybe they're more familiar to those who've seen them onstage recently.  And they seemed to be complete versions too, with the usual intros and solos.  No edits or shortening for TV, except for CAI which didn't have the extended guitar solo at the end.  But Urgent had the long intro and the new added sax solo section.

A really cool show, just wish it had been on at a better time than 9:00 am on a Sunday.

Oh and Gina, Kelly got to talk quite a bit...Mick even told him to go ahead and answer once...and everyone got some pretty good face time onscreen during the songs, especially Kelly and also Tom during the Urgent solo.

Mark

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
A & E Private Sessions
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 09:10:25 pm »
yes and WFAGLY is to die for with Kelly and those close ups :wub:

the band sounded fantastic!!!!

and yes it was gracious for Mick to let Kelly get a word in lol!!

fwt

• Administrator
A & E Private Sessions
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 10:36:52 am »
For those of you who missed the airing of A&E, there are selected performance and interview clips available for viewing on their website. Foreigner is on their homepage this week and there is also a little intro, a photogallery, and artist information.

Private Sessions Homepage:
http://www.aetv.com/private-sessions/index.jsp

Video Clips (May require some navigating to get to the Foreigner Clips):
http://www.aetv.com/videos/extras.jsp?bcpid=1649965317&bclid=1659839470&bctid=1670024433

DirtyWhiteGirl

A & E Private Sessions
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 04:29:10 pm »
Thanks for the info FWT. Links like these are invaluable to us Europeans who can't see these shows. A&E Sessions MySpace page also have a ton more photos in the Foreigner gallery.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.Channel&ChannelID=228318324

Rika

A & E Private Sessions
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 12:35:43 pm »
DWG, thanks for the link! I loved to see a "Too late"-vid in such good quality with all the lovely close-ups. I added it immediately to my profile:cool:

Best from Germany,
Rika