Author Topic: Hammond, IN 8/17  (Read 1771 times)

TomCat

Hammond, IN 8/17
« on: August 28, 2012, 07:42:09 am »
Well I guess this review is kind of late. I went to the concerts in Hammond & Columbus IN for back to back concerts! Hopefully Gina or Jan can review the lovely concert in Columbus meeting Bruce, Brian & little chit chat with Michael! Also the intoxicated rude people & the lovely writer, he gave us lots of page time in his review of the Meet & Greet, not to much written about the actual concert! Loser Alert!!!  :P

I will start the day of the concert at arriving at the hotel. Was waiting for all of us girls to meet up, traffic stunk for all of us & we wanted to get there to be in the front row in our spots! :) I thought it was just going to be Jan & Jane (met Jane for the first time, she is now my Tommy Girl Sister) meeting me, surprise Gina was there when I opened the door!!! I was shocked, it was so cool to be pleasantly surprised like that!!!! Well we all headed to the venue which was only about 5 min away, that was nice! We met up with David, Margaret, Jennifer & I got to meet Shannon, who is a local Foreigner fan!! So cool I now have someone to go to concerts with!!! We met a really cool security guard who let us put our chairs & blankets in our spots, we weren't supposed to, but he said go ahead & he didn't see us!!!  ;)

Excitement is building Gina & Jan were a little down from us, we all know Gina needs to be in great spot for Kelly viewing!!! Jane & I were in front by Tommy for our viewing pleasure!!!  ;) Double Vision started & we were off for an awesome ride!!!! The band was full of so much energy & the crowd was really into it!!!! The set list was the usual. Tommy broke his claves (he told me what they were on FB, so I don't have to keep calling them broken wood things) he tossed the 2 pieces to Jane & me!! WooHoo!!! Lots of smiles & waves we were all feeling the love & the music that night!!! Someone needs to create a pause button for nights like this!!!  :D

After the concert we headed for some dinner/breakfast, Hammond isn't a real happening place to go to if you want to eat late. Found a place & we all talked & looked at our pictures from the concert! It was such a great night!! I know have 2 more friends Shannon & Jane...it's going to be so much fun meeting up for concerts in the future! I hope I didn't forget anything, I'm on first cup of coffee, the brain isn't a full capacity yet! :)

Thank you to all my friends & Foreigner for an AWESOME weekend, love you!!!!  ;D

Jennifer  :D

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Re: Hammond, IN 8/17
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:37:56 am »
oh yeah Double Vision starts and who appears from the shadows Kelly in WPs!!!!
He knew I drove 13 hours lol!!!
SWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN!!!  :-*
Poor Jan I think I kept hitting her lol!
My first concert with Jan B we had met last year at the Live in Chicago taping and had become very good friends thru FB and phone.  We had been plotting to go to a show together for over a year!  I made a last minute decision to just up and get in my car and go! It was well worth the trip to rock out with Jan and Jane and Jenn!  ;D
Hammond people rock.  The security and venue people treated us great and took the time to hang and chat.
I also got to hang with Margaret, Jennifer G, Rose, Rachel and Shannon more Foreigner sisters!
There was a priceless moment before Dirty White Boy where some of those girls threw a ton of thongs at the band lol!! They were everywhere! Jeff put some on his mic stand and Kelly was wearing some around his arms priceless!!!
My J girls I love you and thanks for taking me in for the shows! More future fun to come for us xxoo

TomCat

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:30:08 am »
Hmmmm....I wonder where those thongs came from!!! I actually got one back to save for a future concert!!! lol. The Dirty White Girls gotta have some fun!!!  ;)
Love that Kelly wore the WP's for you Gina, I didn't even notice until you said something about it!! Got distracted by someone else!!!  ;) It was a blast, can't wait to do it again!!!!  ;D
Where's Jan, she is supposed to review the interesting Columbus concert!!!

Jennifer  :D

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 09:19:58 am »
Well I can dream that he wore them for me right  ;)

Jan

• Jan
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 01:43:42 pm »
The Hammond show was absolutely a blast from beginning to end!!!!!!  Hanging with Gina, Jenn and Jane and the other fans made the evening super special!!!!  Gina drove 13 hours to get there -- unbelievable fun to rock with her after our plotting and scheming for sure!!!!  <3!!  The WPs were just a bonus for G!!! What a fantastic night and weekend in every way!!!! Wonderful to finally meet Jane and hang with Jenn again!!!!!  So cool that Margaret, Jennifer, Shannon, David and all the other fans were there to enjoy the show with us!!!!!

ILUVKelly

• Newbie Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 10:35:30 pm »
Ok, don't know if I was sleeping or what, but I just now saw this post.  LOL!   ;)

I saw Foreigner in Waukesha, WI earlier in July.  This was my 2nd show of the summer.  After discovering that Jennifer was basically my neighbor, we started chatting about Foreigner.  We both were going to the Hammond show & would meet each other for the first time.  I also had the pleasure of meeting several other new friends, Gina, Jan and Jane at this show.  I had such a great time!  This show was excellent and I can't wait for more travels with my new friends.  I was planning to travel to PA with Jennifer and Jane, but circumstances beyond my control prevented me from going.  :( 

I already feel like I have known these girls for years!  Thanks Foreigner for helping create new friendships.  :)