Author Topic: When will you dump Kelly Hansen?  (Read 6402 times)

afan

• Newbie Member
When will you dump Kelly Hansen?
« on: October 25, 2012, 01:13:05 am »
The guy has absolutely no talent. He butchers all your songs, and is especially atrocious with the ballads. I love Foreigner, and I
had the opportunity to listen to you guys at the Teradata event tonight. He is not only a talentless moron who can't sing, but he was also insulting to the audience with his condescending "jokes" all night. Get rid of this fucking talentless jerk!! If you cant get Lou Gramm back,at least try to find someone not horrible, and at the very least,someone who can maintain a tune. Everyone else in the band "feels like the first time", absolutely amazing! Please get rid of this only black sheep among you immediately, and find someone with talent and class.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:31:33 am by afan »

Tatjana

Re: When will you dump Kelly Hansen?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 03:46:36 am »
First and foremost Iíd like to tell you to be more careful with the words you use. Voicing your opinion is one thing, giving decent people nasty names is quite another one. If you call a person you donít even know a classless moron this only shows that you yourself have no class at all.
Iíd like to comment on a few things you have said:
Iím a life-long Foreigner fan and if anybody would have told me years ago that Iíd ever accept anybody else fronting this band other than Lou Gramm I would have laughed right into his face. The reason why I found it so easy to love Kelly is the fact that he totally convinced me as the lead singer of Foreigner. I have been so lucky to see them live a couple of times and he never disappointed! He does justice to the songs and delivers them in the way they were intentionally written. He has charisma and stage presence and is entertaining to watch. He is the complete package and besides he also is a super friendly and nice guy who always takes his time for the fans.
I think nothing better could have happened to Mick Jones than finding this guy.
You really canít be serious if you say youíd wish Lou back. I have the utmost respect for Lou and he will always stay one of my favourite singers of all time but you have to face the truth that his great voice does not exist anymore.  He canít sing the songs anymore like they should be sung but Kelly can. Just my two centsÖ

Tatjana
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 03:48:52 am by Tatjana »

Babs

• Babs
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 05:30:45 am »
My time is too precious to comment in detail to someone w/o a sense of hearing.
Seems to me that some jealous boy/girlfriend - fiancť/e - husband/wife is speaking 'cause his partner fell for Kelly  ;D

Tatjana

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 06:00:43 am »
Babs: You know that this has been my initial thought.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TomCat

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:16:35 am »
DON'T PICK ON KELLY!!! Kelly has an amazing voice & stage presence that can't be duplicated! I agree with Tatjana & Babs! Enough said!! LOVE KELLY!!!!  :-*

Jennifer  :D

jimzgirl

• Newbie Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 09:37:10 am »
OMG!  I don't even know where to begin!  First, I agree with all the responses so far....Tatjana, you are absolutely right that someone doesn't have to come on here and slam anybody.  It does show a lack of class.  Secondly, since I first saw the band with Kelly back in '07, I have not seen any posts on here with such hate.  Obviously, you have every right to prefer one singer over another.  We all, at some point, had to make a choice to let go of our dreams that Lou Gramm might again sing with Foreigner, and make room for somebody who has taken this band to a whole new level and reached thousands of new (and younger) fans in the process.  And to actually say Kelly can't sing?!!   Sir, you have no ears!  He is spot on at every performance.  Even a few years ago when he had throat problems, the poor guy gave it his all to make the show the best.  He certainly CAN sing!  And I have always loved that I get to hear the Foreigner songs live the way Lou sang them on the recordings.  Kelly has worked hard to keep the essence of the melody the same while still taking some freedoms with his ad libs.   
This is so weird to me....we've had diehards on here before always talking Lou over Kelly, but it's truly the first time I've ever heard anybody say "well, if not Lou, then somebody else besides Kelly".  Blows my mind.  Kelly brings energy and fun to the shows, and sings the songs with passion and incredible talent.  I, for one, have always been a HUGE Lou Gramm fan and will always appreciate the talent he had, but #1) he chose to leave the band, and #2) his voice is not the same as it once was.  When I first saw the band back in '07, everyone on here said "just give them a chance and see what you think", so I went with an open mind determined to at least give it a shot.  Even then, I could appreciate his talent and incredible vocal range.  As the years have gone by, Kelly has more and more just morphed into the voice and stage presence of Foreigner. 
Whoever you are, if you don't want to see the band again, then don't.  But there are huge crowds at every show loving Kelly and the show he fronts. 
And seriously, after all this time, what rock did you actually just crawl out from under?

Beckabellinie

• Newbie Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:40:57 am »
Wow...really? You're going to come onto a site whose majority of fans obviously FAVOR and LOVE Kelly and spout that nonsense? Tatjana said it best...it's okay to have an opinion, but there is no need to say nasty things that do nothing but reflect the person saying them. Grow up.

Number1ForeignerFan

• THE BIGGEST FOREIGNER FAN OF ALL TIME
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 11:21:44 am »
I can assume that the "Teradata event" was a corporate event that was private. I have been to these type of shows and the audience rarely has any real fans of the band. They stay in their seats as if their asses was glued to them. Kelly likes an audience that gets up and gets into the music. "aFan" must have been insulted that he was requested to get up and enjoy the show.
The biggest Foreigner fan of all time.

mick2112

• Newbie Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 11:59:25 am »
Okay,guess you are entitled to your opinion even if it does make you look a fool on Kelly!!
I am not going to go into long reasons except Kelly Hansen IS one of THE top frontmen in rock today,it's not a discussion piece,it's not a debate,IT'S A FACT!!!!
Why is it a fact well as based in the UK the home of Mick jones the band came here last year and just blew everyone away FACT!!!!!!!!!!
I do think your post is for effect and replies as it can't be for anything else really as no fan of any kind of great music would agree with you so i suggest you go listen to someone else and find a singer you can listen to and leave Kelly to the real Foreigner fans all around the world!!
Mick

luvcatz7

• Newbie Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 04:52:38 pm »
Wow, okay...you obviously don't know talent when you see it! I was a fan of Foreigner before Kelly became lead singer, but I really became a fan AFTER I found out that he was the lead singer. Why? Because I remember him from the Hurricane days...in fact, I was a HUGE Hurricane fan. And the man has a HUGE range.

I was happy to see him back in the music scene, and I loved how he sings the Foreigner songs like they should be sung and with adding his own mark to it. He truly loves the music he sings. And he has brought an energy to the band, along with the other members. Even Mick Jones said in a concert that Kelly has brought it back.

I'm a little backwards in that I was a huge Kelly Hansen (and Jeff Pilson) fan and started paying attention to them and going to shows because of them. But they have done the band proud. So I may be a bit biased.
~Carrie

michellea

• FF#3
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 09:14:33 pm »
This person is clearly what we would call a "Troll" who just wants to start something to get attention. Don't waste your breath reasoning with such a class-less person.

*WE* know talent when we see it, and Kelly Hansen's got it ALL! :)

ILUVKelly

• Newbie Member
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 09:43:40 pm »
My username says it all!  We all know the truth.

Bigtimefan

• Newbie Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 04:54:23 pm »
I think it was just some person trying to start something controversial. That type of post doesn't deserve a response.

BILLYMAC9

• Newbie Member
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 08:04:21 pm »
I THINK WE ALL AGREE KELLY IS A PURE ROCKER WITH A TON OF TALENT, A GREAT PREFORMER AND A GREAT GUY IM SURE. AS FAR AS THAT FELLOW WHO STARTED THIS THREAD GOES ! THERE IS ONE LIKE HIM IN EVERY CROWD.

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 03:11:50 pm »
and being the good Catholic girl that I am
I did not let my Irish Sicilian red headed temper get the best of him lol!

We all know the truth
There will be haters everywhere
Hate away
Kelly is here to stay  ;D