Author Topic: Stories from Germany  (Read 5430 times)

TOMG

• Administrator
  • Newbie Member
Stories from Germany
« on: July 01, 2009, 04:07:35 pm »
Hi everyone!
We have had a truly amazing trip through Europe so far, and Germany is starting to feel like our home away from home!
The shows have been absolutely incredible, and our audiences just seem to get better all the time.
Bad Brueckenau was a particularly gorgeous setting and we were thrilled to be there on such a spectacular night.
The concert was an especially good one, and so many of our friends from Germany were in attendance.
Afterwards we got to visit with Rika, Babs, Carmen, Ramona, and our new friend Julianna who was celebrating her engagement! (of course Tatjana and Ellen were missed but we hope to see them soon)
There were some REALLY cool guys there, wearing these army green Foreigner jackets, and the guys wearing t-shirts that spell out F O R E I G N E R were out in force, going crazy and playing their plastic, blue guitars. They even handed one of the guitars up onstage so that Kelly could play air guitar on it. Ever the perfectionist, Kelly mimed like he was tuning it.... The crowd loved it!  
When we got to Urgent, I remember hitting the high note on the sax and it seemed like it was it echoing around the mountains. The sound and the moment were indescibably delicious....
The band seems to be in fine form, and seeing Mick light up each night on stage is especially uplifting. So many thanks to everyone who supports us here and all around the world. I am deeply grateful, especially for the AWESOME ENERGY!

Very best always,
Tommy Gimbel

ninaschirl

• Newbie Member
Stories from Germany
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 04:53:57 pm »
Hello to Foreigner from Bavaria!

What I would really be interested in is how you liked your first show in Germany, the Burg Abenberg one?:smile:
It's been such a great pleasure to see you guys on stage and the setting was awesome! Due to my studies and all of the upcoming exams I wasn't able to visit any more of your shows around Germany; quite sad!
However I truly believe that there is no way your shows could get any better than what I've seen! 100% perfection!
I would love to see you back on stage sometime soon, do you have any plans on coming back to Germany? And, if so, to the Nuremberg area in particular? ;-)
You guys gave me the best concert of my life, thank you so much for that amazing experience!

Nina

4eigner

• That Was Yesterday
Stories from Germany
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 05:04:24 pm »

Hi T.G.

It is a great to hear all of your stoties &

adventures from the road of Europe,

especially from the huge tour of Germany.

4eigner

• That Was Yesterday
Stories from Germany
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 06:18:20 pm »

Also i want to say it was a great to see you

guys on stage & backstage at Eupen, keep

working hard as well.

With Love

4eigner

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Stories from Germany
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 08:36:09 pm »
okay German tarts (all mentioned in Thom's posting above!)
just proof they love you more ;-)
enjoy the last of the German tour girls!!!

Tatjana

Stories from Germany
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 11:44:06 pm »
Gina: I know you are generous so I know you don't mind sharing.  ;)

Looking forward to tomorrow!!

Tatjana :)

Rika

Stories from Germany
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 10:04:11 am »
Tommy,

what a nice declaration of love to Germany, thank you so much !!!!
You know you're always welcome in your second home "far across the sea"!

Have a fantastic concert in Stuttgart this evening, the unusual heat in Germany will remind you to CA !

Stay cool, cu tomorrow,

Rika
:biggrin: :cool: :laugh:

aventuracane

Stories from Germany
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 12:35:09 pm »
Tommy,

Hello from Miami, Florida.

It has been great following your European tour thru these message boards as well as thru performances appearing on you tube.

I have been to many Foreigner performances since the band was revamped in 2005 and it is unbelievable how you guys keep getting better & better.

Stuart

Number1ForeignerFan

• THE BIGGEST FOREIGNER FAN OF ALL TIME
Stories from Germany
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 11:08:18 am »
Tom, Thanks for checking in and giving your perspective of the Germany tour. I will see you guys at the Wisconsin State Fair.
The biggest Foreigner fan of all time.

debbiefrompa

Stories from Germany
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 09:15:41 am »
Hi Tom,
So wonderful to hear from you.  Thanks for taking the time to write.  I love to hear stories from the road.

Great news about the tour.  So glad to hear that it has been so successful and that most of all, Mick is enjoying it.

Take care and know that we are waiting impatiently for your return to the States. We have missed you but the stories have helped.  See you in Atlantic City.

Ellen

• Newbie Member
Stories from Germany
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 11:49:32 am »
Great to hear from you Tom! I sure missed visiting with you all too -- and our reunion with Brian!

I've been in Foreigner withdrawal for far too long now and my far-too-supportive husband has insisted that I fly ANYWHERE to see you guys next year if you don't make it to Abu Dhabi (which I may keep pestering you about...ha ha)!

Fortunately he didn't specify how many times I can see y'all, so I plan to Foreigner-head it (what's our version of Parrotheads and Deadheads? Headknockers? Headgamers?) as long as I can. Of course I'll have to bring along my German gals too!

Safe travels to you all! You're missed here in the Middle East!

Ellen :biggrin:

ekelly51

• FF#2
Stories from Germany
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 02:06:41 pm »
Hi Tommy,
So nice to hear from you considering your busy schedule. Glad to hear that you guys are enjoying your European Tour as well. Sure miss you guys and can't wait till you get back in the States. Looking forward to meeting you and the band in T.O., Calif. in August. :wub:
:smile:

SoUrgent

Stories from Germany
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 05:00:41 pm »
Hey Tommy!!

Thanks so much for sharing your stories from the road. Giving us a little peek at the lives of your rockers is really neat and always appreciated.

I always was a Foreigner fan and went to my first concert in 2006 at the 102.9 WMGK "Let Freedom Rock" concert at Cooper River Park in New Jersey on July 4th. My friends and I were FLOORED by the performance and we have NEVER looked back!!! And not to mention, having you guys ROCK OUT with fireworks in the background was so surreal and so incredibly special...

You are INCREDIBLE on the sax and your vocal harmonies are astounding! You look like you are having a blast up there too!! Needless to say, there is "No End In Sight" for all of us going to see you perform whenever we can!!

This year, we've seen you guys in at The Sovereign PAC in Reading, PA and The Tower Theater in Glenside, PA. We will see you a few more times when you get back to PA and in Atlantic City!

My friends and I promise to continue to work the youth movement of Foreigner... we spread the word as best we can!!! (20 or so of us range from 23-29 years old)

Thanks again for sharing!

Nick

SoUrgent

Stories from Germany
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 05:01:31 pm »
And I'm gonna try my hardest to get to a meet and greet as well :-)

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
Stories from Germany
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 11:25:57 pm »
rofl~ Gina you got me with the German tarts comment. We can be US pop-tarts but we need some sugar on top. (any ideas?) You think they will tell US tour stories here too? :wink:

Thanks for gracing this forum T.G. with your sexy sax man presence... we were all hoping for some stories and what a delight to login today and see ya here! I have officially put away my dynamite (used for threats  of none compliance to write stories), and FWT didn't ban me from the forum, lol.

FWT: great job on the site. Looks like photos will be available soon maybe as I looked at the blog comments and saw empty pic boxes for users?