Author Topic: Mick Jones absence / present tour setlists  (Read 1826 times)

TheaterOfDreams

• Newbie Member
Mick Jones absence / present tour setlists
« on: March 21, 2013, 12:21:28 pm »
Hey there, y'all!

I just LOVE the latest album..! that's why I checked some previous concert setlists and to my suprise not only HALF of it seems to have never been played live, but also it seems that those songs are RARELY played... (such tradition is also reflected on the latest live album, in which we can check out 2 ballads and the title-track from "Can't Slow Down"). Why is that?!
I know, I know, Foreigner has its timeless classics (which is awesome!), but why not promote more songs from the new album (since the tour is supposedly to promote it, as the press says here in Brazil)?!
As a band you all know (and hopefully the management staff also knows) that in-between the classics, you can perfectly play one or another new one... it doesn't matter the reaction to one particular song, but the overall reaction to the full concert, right?! In such way, you show everyone that Foreigner is still alive, composing, recording and kicking some serious ass, don't you?!
Here in my country Foreigner is basically only played in one (or another?) rock station (like KissFM), but mostly is airplayed in such stations recognized as "elevator music". I'm young and I refuse to take Foreigner as a band that lives only from the past. I know what you can (still) do! That's why a spent a load of money to attend a band that not only cleans the dust but ALSO brings some freshness in the air (btw, I hate having to be seated all concert long, and that's why I got the preferred one).
Even though I'm excited, I'd love to hear that you would consider showing us such freshness (because I know you wouldn't waste every single opportunity to show your old fans MORE of what you've got [present tense, right?]). Would you?

Sorry if that has already been discussed but the closest thing I found was this here in the community:
http://www.foreigneronline.com/forum/index.php?topic=2801.0
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:59:26 pm by TheaterOfDreams »

TheaterOfDreams

• Newbie Member
Re: Can't Slow Down tour setlist
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 12:13:40 pm »
2 dates in South America and still no "Can't Slow Down" songs have been played:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foreigner/2013/teatro-caupolican-santiago-chile-43d8fb33.html
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foreigner/2013/centro-de-convenciones-plaza-san-miguel-lima-peru-5bd8fb54.html
So the tour name is "Feels Like The First Time 35 Years" now?! More than ever, hope for "Can't Slow Down" songs is decreasing to none... btw, it's gone..!

Bigtimefan

• Newbie Member
Re: Can't Slow Down tour setlist
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 07:18:12 am »
Is Mick Jones playing on this tour?

TheaterOfDreams

• Newbie Member
        Unfortunately no! (at least not here in Brazil and also in Argentina, as some users stated here: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foreigner/2013/teatro-gran-rex-buenos-aires-argentina-23d8ecf3.html)
        It's a shame! I'd rather they cancelled the whole South American leg.. You know why?! I got my ticket in December (and that $ was precious to me @ the time) and went 3 other times this year to the venue (far from home, because I have my own reasons not to buy -most the times- ONLINE [or solve things related to concert tickets]) to upgrade from the sector 1 table (the nearest available in the beginning) for a VIP seating made available only afterwards (probably because the front rows were momentaneously reserved for sponsors , VIPs and so on).
        Well, the 5th time was the concert date, only to realize that the worst nightmare for a Foreigner fan was happening. I WON'T attend a "Foreigner" concert without him and asked for my refund (about USD 200).
        Fortunately, the promoters (which were also astonished by such fact) were very professional, understanding my  deception and gave me the money (including the parking fee) right away! (something that I didn't expect, since they never answered my contact about the blocked preferred seating there in December).
        Well, I have NEVER attended a Foreigner concert, so anyone can imagine how disappointed I was (or better, "I am..." still)?! No, it DOESN'T Feel Like the First Time (at least for me, I dropped the offer)
        Too late I found this in this Community 'General Discussion' area: http://www.foreigneronline.com/forum/index.php?topic=3735.0 [cool, huh?! :[)
        This lack of official info is a lack of respect with the fans (I was wondering if it had happened only because we are here in the OTHER hemisphere and the loss would be tremendous, so everyone kept it a secret, but in the link above it seems many other fans all around have been given a "surprise!" - bad joke, right?!). On the other hand, "WE, in the other hemisphere" are used to deal with reduced gear (meaning sometimes a partial spetacle yet we pay a huge amount due to logistics), but NOT the absence of the f#k!@' leader of any band!! What the wreck, guys!! C'mon!! Maybe I'll attend them when (or IF) I go abroad (if that's what it takes...) or IF someone serious enough give everyone of us UP-TO-DATE info right here (where it SHOULD be, right?!)

TheaterOfDreams

• Newbie Member
BTW, there was another international concert here in town (Accept) in the same evening... Happy of those who chose to attend the German metallers from the beginning, not having to deal with going back home with NONE of them, like I did...