Author Topic: No End in Site  (Read 1175 times)

wiley

• Newbie Member
No End in Site
« on: August 11, 2008, 08:32:31 am »
Hi Everyone,
I am a long time Foreigner fan and have to admit it has taken me some time to come around to the new lead singer. I honestly still prefer Lou however, life goes on. I was happy (at first) to see the new album come out this past month. However, my enthusiasm has waned quickly once I realized that this is just another greatest hits album with one song of new material. I think I speak for a lot of Foreigner fans when I say that we are dissapointed. Not even bands that are more famous have this many greatest hit albums! After Mick Jones so carefully selected the current set of talented musicians that make up Foreigner I would have surely thought after several years of touring that they could produce more than one original song.  Don't get me wrong I still love Foreigner but, you can not fool your fan base with this. I actually like the new tune Too Late. It makes me want to hear more. I think Mick needs to decide if they are going to ride the nostalgia train for the balance of Foreigners career or truly re launch the band as they had promised before Lou got sick. You owe it to the fans! Hey lets face it I am not getting any younger (just hit 45 years old) and I know Mick isn't so what are you waiting for??? Don't make me listen to my teenagers music anymore! I am ready for some real rock! Come on guys!! We want more!

Thanks.
Wiley

belgiumrain

• Newbie Member
No End in Site
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 10:08:58 am »
Wiley, I have felt that too..that their seems to be No End In Site for Foreigner Greatest Hits Albums. I am really counting on Mick this time to follow through. It's a great accomplishment thus far and I really believe that the time has come. I do feel it in my bones. I love Kelly fronting the band, I like the new song, but I'd like to to see this band Rock it out a little more, much more too.

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
No End in Site
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 12:33:14 pm »
Mick recently said that there are five more new songs that are done and we can expect the new album in late Spring 2009!  It will be here before we know it!!

wiley

• Newbie Member
No End in Site
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 03:01:14 pm »
They have been promising new material for some time. I hope it turns out to be true.
Wiley

michellea

• FF#3
No End in Site
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 07:04:01 am »
Repeated AGAIN here:

I think in this case, patience is a virtue. Mick has said they are working on new material. Let's take him at his word and look forward to more new stuff in the spring. If the other songs are as great at "Too Late" then we are in for a great CD!