Author Topic: Preble County Fair at Eaton, OH  (Read 7082 times)

TOMG

• Administrator
  • Newbie Member
Preble County Fair at Eaton, OH
« on: August 05, 2009, 01:36:21 pm »
So there we were in Eaton Ohio, ready to rock. Now, Ohio is kind of a special place for me, because my Mom is from Columbus Ohio. So of course our whole family is all Ohio State Buckeye fans... Plus, one of my favorite guys, Jonathan Winters is from Dayton Ohio, right where we were staying. So I was totally psyched to play.

But it was pouring down rain and as we waited to see if the show would go on, the lightning and thunder started booming which is quite dangerous for our crew who were setting up the stage outdoors.

The reports started coming in about our semi tractor trailer truck being stuck in the mud, trying to get to the stage. This contributed to our sinking feeling..

We watched the rain starting to go sideways. We were getting more and more concerned..Eventually, Kelly went to the stage to see firsthand what was happening.

Kelly (and all of us) will play in basically ANY condition.. I've seen this guy sing like a bird in freezing rain at midnight on New Years Eve in Niagra Falls Canada! We have played in steamy pouring rain in Virginia and had amazing shows but, just never if there was any eminent danger, and provided we can get our equipment and ourselves to the stage.. Unfortunately this storm yesterday in Ohio had hit before we could even get our equipment off the truck so, with the mud so deep, there was just absolutely no way to make it happen.

When they told us that the Fair Organizers had decided to cancel the show, there was nothing we could do except be glad no one was hurt and understand that in the end, it was the deep, deep mud that got us.   ARRGGHH......Frustrating to say the least!!

But we vowed..  
     "We shall return!"

Best,  TG

4eigner

• That Was Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 01:49:30 pm »

T.G.

It's good that you didn't take any chance and

the concert was cancelled.

next time i'm sure it will be better.

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 01:53:10 pm »
Ahh bummer.....♫•.♥¤•.¸¸. MUD FIGHT ♫•.♥¤•.¸¸.!   I hope you guys got to have some quality time doing something else since the show did not go on. TG spending more time at forum, yeah!!!!

:wub:

djtimg

• Newbie Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 04:09:51 pm »
I'm happy you are visiting these boards Tom.  I understand the whole concept of safety and exactly how this happened.  The part EVERYONE from Preble County can't stomach is the fact that our money is being kept by the fair board.  The tickets stated "no refunds" but they also stated "rain or shine".  Since they couldn't provide a show we deserve our money back.  A simple make up date with honoring the same tickets would remedy this.  Steve Chrismer has already offered to assist with this.  His post is amongst the angry posts on these boards.  Do the right thing.  Make it up, assist in paying back the consumers or forget that we were fans.  DJ Tim Grill, Eaton

kechoes

• Newbie Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 09:57:13 pm »
Big question on everybody's mind is, how much $$ did Foreigner make for this no-show?

LadyofLayouts

• Newbie Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 10:37:30 pm »
well SOMEONE has made out like a fat rat with our money. that pisses me off. i have never been so dissappointed in preble co/foreigner in my life. I stood in line for three hours freezing my butt off to get front row seats....

Carol7lynn

• Carol7Lynn
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 08:48:33 am »
Why won't you get a refund for the concert tixs?  

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

LadyofLayouts

• Newbie Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 01:51:45 pm »
because the tickets say "no refund".

LadyofLayouts

• Newbie Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 03:49:15 pm »
on another note, i filed a complaint with channel 7 and 22 and the register herald in eaton about the no refunds issue on our tickets...

i would still rather see the band though...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME BACK!

TXGURL

• Newbie Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 07:40:50 pm »
I have no doubt you guys would have played if at all possible. I saw you guys in VA this past week end and you all gave an awesome show despite the fact that it was hotter than the hinges on hells gates... both nights... you guys have a chemistry between you that is rare... you play off each other and the crowd... Thanks for helping me remember the girl I use to be... :)

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 04:22:52 am »
Mud got deeper? It's Rock n Roll people! Go to the venue not the artists with your complaints. (sniff sniff, the boys are being picked on) Sorry~ If I could be here all day I'd tell you  where to go to bother the fairground peeps cuz you do deserve your money back~ It's a shame n I'm sorry to see fans PO'd but I hope you understand this was a venue cancellation.... FOREIGNER has no control when someone cancels THEM! xx (did ya read Thom's post?) um, pretty clear. BTW, I thank the member of the band that let us know that there was trouble and um, by what I saw n the date stamp (same day) how many rock artists do YOU know that do that?  :smile:

silvi

• Newbie Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 03:27:56 pm »
seems like here are "real fans" on this board!! you should be glad that nothing happened to the band and crew. and by the way it's not the band deciding to play or not and it is also not the band deciding if you get your money back or not!!!!:mad:

LadyofLayouts

• Newbie Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 11:41:38 pm »
that is very true! i purchased my tickets from the fair board. THEY ARE THE RESPONSIBLE PARTY.

LadyofLayouts

• Newbie Member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 03:51:40 pm »
The front page of the newspaper today said that they are issuing refunds in the next 60 days...woo hoo!

southbeachnites

• WP's Baby!
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 03:34:55 am »
Congrats LadyofLayouts and the rest of ya~ Money back so buy the new CD until they come back. Me hopes they do for you!!! Great news