Author Topic: Reunion  (Read 2639 times)

4eigner

• That Was Yesterday
Reunion
« on: August 14, 2008, 11:55:57 am »

Is it possible there will be a reunion

between the guys & Lou Gramm?

:huh::glare:

Melissa716

• Newbie Member
Reunion
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 02:03:09 pm »
I love Lou Gramm, but I honestly have to say I don't think the band would be the same.  I have come to love them with the current line up.  

In fact I love Kelly's way of performing and entertaining, not to mention his amazing voice, it just would not be the same show for me.    :ohmy:

michellea

• FF#3
Reunion
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 06:42:20 pm »
Very well said Melissa!  I must admit that I only saw Foreigner a few times before Kelly joined the band, and that was when they were with Journey.  Kelly is what brought the band back on my radar! :wub:

4eigner

• That Was Yesterday
Reunion
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 03:23:17 am »

I agree with you girls, but is it possible to

be a reunion or at least cooperation between

them?

:cool::tongue::unsure:

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Reunion
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 08:02:55 am »
sorry to say definitely not....

belgiumrain

• Newbie Member
Reunion
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 04:32:39 pm »
No turning back. I love the direction the band is taking. No dis-respect intended.

4eigner

• That Was Yesterday
Reunion
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 12:35:59 pm »

OK i understand, you're all right ladies &

gents, only going forword not turning back.

:cool::tongue::huh:

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
Reunion
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 09:34:46 am »
I have to concur - I don't think that possibility currently exists, unfortunately.

Melanie :)

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Reunion
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 10:07:20 am »
Hi Mel glad to see you are here! :biggrin:
Gina

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
Reunion
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 11:37:42 am »
Yeah - just took me a while :tongue:

melanie :)

wiley

• Newbie Member
Reunion
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 08:56:59 pm »
I would have have to say there is literally no chance of that occuring and to the person who commented they have grown to like Kelly Hansen and they way he performs the old Foreigner tunes thats great! However, for us older Foreigner fans I don't think I can ever say that I think Kelly is better than Lou was in his prime. Infact, not even close. But the band decided to keep moving on with out Lou so life does go on. I wish that there were some interviews beyond what VH1 did to get the true perspective of what it was like being in the band in the good old days as well as what happened eventually to drive Mick and Lou apart. I have my ideas of what I think happened but it would be great to hear some commentary straight from the horses mouth.

Wiley

Rocksan

• Newbie Member
Reunion
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 11:04:46 pm »
Wiley, have you seen Lou Gramm sing lately??  He has done several tours in the past oh, 5-6 years.

wiley

• Newbie Member
Reunion
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 10:14:10 am »
I have seen clips on youtube and quite frankly he does not sound so good. My comparison between Kelly and Lou was based on Lou's abilities pre surgery. I think Kelly is an adequate singer but he does not possess the natural talent that Lou had. I really don't think anyone would really be able to fill his shoes. That is why I would rather see the new Foreigner focus on new music rather than live off the songs of the past. It just isn't the same and that is true of most bands that replace the lead singer. It pains me to see Lou still singing even though I have a lot of respect for him I think he is somewhat tainting his legacy. He simply can not perform very well anymore.  I would rather listen to the original material than hear another persons version of it.
Thats just me.
Wiley

Rocksan

• Newbie Member
Reunion
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 10:26:32 am »
Lou is finished with a spiritual record, I wish him nothing but the best. Lou Gramm will always remain in my music, in my soulstrings. I also have huge huge respect for Mick Jones.  He has been an infckncredible song writer in my book, in my life, and I totally support anything he does.  I have seen the band many times, Mick owns this band, meaning it's his baby and you can feel that. Also the things I have learned about him over the years well, he is extremely respected among the musicians' musician, and I dig that.  Now as far as your critique of Kelly, I totally disagree.  Paul Rodgers + Queen is a good example of just putting talent together, and that my friend is what Mick Jones has done.
I have been a fan of Kelly Hansen since the 80's, he fronted a band called Hurricane and they rocked.  I hope you get the chance to see the band more, I think you will change your mind.:wink:

4eigner

• That Was Yesterday
Reunion
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 07:09:26 am »

That's the facts guys, Foreigner is what it

is now, it can be change a lot, but that's

their way now.

I'm really love the old band but i'm also

love the new band, so give them the respect

that arrive.

:cool::tongue::wink: