Author Topic: Lou Gramm Says He May Reunite With Foreigner for Farewell Tour  (Read 1432 times)

jpolito

• Newbie Member
Lou Gramm Says He May Reunite With Foreigner for Farewell Tour
by Sterling Whitaker May 1, 2013 11:21 AM Share on facebook! Share on twitter!
Lou-Gramm.com
Legendary Foreigner singer Lou Gramm has not been a part of the band that made him famous in more than a decade, but in a new interview, he says that may be changing. The singer behind all-time rock classics such as ‘Hot Blooded,’ ‘Double Vision’ and ‘Urgent’ says his management has been talking about him re-joining the group for a reunion that would also serve as a farewell tour.
Gramm was one of the founding members of Foreigner, who released a string of hard rock classics in the ’70s before morphing into a pop ballad hit machine in the ’80s. Behind the scenes his relationship with guitarist Mick Jones was always strained, causing him to leave the band several times. He tells Classic Rock Revisited that the final straw came after undergoing surgery for a brain tumor in 1997.

“My operation was in early April and in September, we were playing. I was still really sick and I was very medicated,” Gramm recalls. “I was so out of it that I couldn’t remember the words to the old songs. I had all of the lyrics to the old songs taped on the floor. I had no business being on stage, but the bills had to be paid. Management and Mick were pressuring me hard.”

Gramm has spent most of the last decade on a long, slow, painful road to recovery that he documents in his new book, ‘Juke Box Hero.’ He reached out to Jones for the first time in years after he got the news that they were being inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

“I think he was shocked that I called him,” Gramm admits. “We had a good conversation and we knew that we were going to be asked to do a couple of songs and we said that we would talk again.”

That simple phone call may result in Foreigner fans getting a proper send-off from their jukebox heroes. “His management and my management are tossing around the idea of a farewell tour,” Gramm reveals. “I would really like to do that. It would be really great to do that instead of leaving it with such a bitter and unfinished ending.”

‘Juke Box Hero: My Five Decades in Rock ‘N’ Roll’ is now available in hardcover

fwt

• Administrator
Re: Lou Gramm Says He May Reunite With Foreigner for Farewell Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 09:59:56 am »
Update: Lou Gramm’s publicists released the following statement on May 2, “Though both Lou Gramm and Mick Jones will be on hand next for next month’s (Thursday, June 13) Songwriters Hall of Fame 44th Annual Induction and Awards Dinner in New York City, there are no plans for the two to head out on a reunion tour.  Despite recent media reports that a reunion is being planned, at present time, there are no dialogs about any dates, though both continue to tour.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/lou-gramm-foreigner-reunion-tour/

FWT

jpolito

• Newbie Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 04:00:07 pm »
Thank you for clearing that up Administrator.  At least now we all know the truth.

Thank you!

jpolito

Jan

• Jan
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 01:04:53 am »
Thanks, FWT! So glad Mick and Lou are playing together at the Songwriters' Hall of Fame induction.  That is the classy thing to do. Their fans love them even more for doing that!   Hopefully, they can reconnect on the level that made them one of the best songwriting duos ever!  I am sure Foreigner will provide video of the event so everyone who can't go can share the experience!
I didn't think they would do a reunion tour -- both bands are comfortable with their own tours!  I do applaud them for reuniting for this event!  Just look at what happened at the R&R Hall of Fame when Axl Rose declined to play with G 'n R!  I was so sad for the band -- not to mention all the fans!  The rest of the band did a great job!  Axl took some of the joy away. 

Tatjana

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 01:37:59 am »
Thanks for the info FWT! :)

I basically agree with everything Jan has already said. I think it is safe to say that we old-school fans are over the moon with joy to hear that both, Mick and Lou, are going to share the same stage again and even if it is just for one night.
I also think that a reunion tour is not the best thing to do. Just like Jan said, they seem to be very comfortable with what they are doing today and I'm really happy for both of them and also for the guys in the band.
Kelly and co. are doing one helluva great job and Mick and Lou are finally getting the recognition they deserve. They are putting the bitterness behind and will play together at the induction. You can't ask for more!

Tatjana :)

Starrider81

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 05:53:01 pm »
Tatajana I have to agree with (yes you read it) Kelly and Co. are doing fine!! I heard all the rumors to that Lou and Mick were going to do a ***farewall*** tour than I heard that's not true ... it's crazy all these rumors flying around huh?? Foreigner is Mick's baby and I KNOW that... as much as I'm not the Kelly Hanson fan the music of Foreigner lives on mainly because of Mick!! I mean I would even go far as to say I'd even be willing to see Foreigner again!!! :) I REALLY !! I'm willing to give Foreigner the 2nd chance ... it's all about the music...

Ok time for my meds!! lol