Author Topic: Music swag collection sale - more stuff  (Read 1850 times)

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
Music swag collection sale - more stuff
« on: May 12, 2013, 01:17:18 pm »
Planning on moving soon, so I am cleaning out my music swag - mostly Foreigner, but there will be a sprinkling of other band stuff too. Currently putting all 20+ year old stuff on Etsy - these are not auctions - one listed price and when its bought, its gone.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MetalMelsMusicSwag

I plan on continually adding until everything is listed or sold. Stuff that is not at least 20 years old will go up on eBay.

Happy shopping!

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Re: Music swag collection sale - more stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 11:04:36 am »
Wow Mel!
Some really cool stuff there!
I'm sure David Finkelstein will buy it all!!!
Do you have any 2005+ stuff?  :)

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 04:40:22 pm »
Not much of anything 2005+ that I am aware of - its all a lot of vintage things. Haven't gone through it all yet - trying to get bits up at a time in between cleaning and packing. :)

shadow

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 06:50:54 pm »
Hey Mel,

Good to see you on this board once in awhile!

Do you have any rare video your looking to sell? The kind I likely wouldn't have right now.
I mentioned to you awhile back that I was eager to have The Lou Gramm in New York video 1987.

Thanks,
Shadow

rmew14

• Newbie Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 07:35:05 pm »
If you have a shirt from the 1997 tour, let me know...I have been looking for a shirt from that tour forever!

Jan

• Jan
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 01:56:00 pm »
Hey Shadow!
I have a website you may want to check out.  They have all kinds of obscure video collected and converted to dvds.  Some are better quality than others -- but they rate the quality so you know what to expect.  The ones I have ordered are very good.  They are not HD remastered -- but you can watch the shows that you love!!!  Keepvid.com.  I found a Billy Idol video from Germany with Tichy on drums!!!  Obviously professionally shot. It is outstanding -- there were clips on youtube, but the show didn't seem to be available for purchase anywhere!!!  I started on Amazon and ended up so frustrated!
I hope that Queen + Adam Lambert live in Kiev will be on Amazon -- have my doubts.  This site will probably have it!  The whole concert is on youtube.  For awhile, youtube kept pulling it -- I think they finally gave up.
I am not sure why it is so difficult to find and purchase concert DVDs that are not mainstream.  Some songs are just as tricky!  I wanted Bon Jovi singing Hallelujah for a Yoga playlist and could only find it on European Amazon on a bonus track of Lost Highway only released in Europe!  I couldn't even buy it :(  I found a great quality live video from MTV acoustic and used Real Player to strip the audio and download to iTunes.  So much work!!!  I would have gladly paid the $1.29 and moved on!
So, I hope you can find that video! 
Jan

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 09:31:11 pm »
Well, I finally got moved so have had a chance to dive back into the boxes of swag and starting putting them up online. This batch is press kits and some miscellaneous swag. Not really looking forward to the magazines, cds or videotape parts because its going to take a lot of work, LOL....but I'll keep plugging away at it.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MetalMelsMusicSwag

Melanie :)

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 12:29:34 am »
There  are presently 20 items or collections in my Etsy store - all Foreigner related. I just added a couple more miscellaneous swag groupings, and I've started adding the magazine collections, from the 1st album through the 4th. More items to come over the next few days as I get them continually cataloged and photographed.

Link is in the above postings.  :)

PS: Despite what it says in the listing (something I can't change) - I will ship internationally on all my items - please contact me first with your location if you want to buy a particular listing, so I can calculate the shipping costs.

PPS: I added a few more this morning

PPPS: Question for collectors out there - I have a ridiculous pile of VHS tapes with various Foreigner vids, live shows, etc. on them. Does anyone really buy VHS tapes anymore? Or should I just go ahead and convert them to DVD format? This is all non-official recordings and copies - many are not the greatest quality (having been taped off TV shows, or hand held shot concerts) so converting to DVD doesn't make them look any better so to speak - but I'm thinking that people are less likely to have VCRs anymore these days? Any suggestions appreciated. Wish the plastic on the VHS tapes was recyclable, I feel bad adding these to a landfill. :(
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 07:05:06 pm by ForeignerFiles »

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 09:17:35 pm »
I've added more swag items to my Etsy store, in the links above.

I've also begun to put items that are older than 1994 on eBay (because you can't sell newer items on Etsy). There will be some more CDs and other swag listed to eBay this week, but here is the link to what I've got up so far:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/metalmel

Thanks as always for everyone's interest.

PS: Lou Gramm and related solo items will also be going up on Etsy soon.

PPS: Added some autographed, rare items up on the eBay listings today. About 5 more things (post 1995 to still go up, if not by late tonight, then tomorrow. 10/29).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:51:32 pm by ForeignerFiles »

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 12:26:01 am »
Still have Foreigner related items in my Etsy store, and I have just now started to add Lou Gramm items as well. There will be some Mick Jones, Shadow King and Black Sheep stuff soon as well.

I'm leaving the videotape stuff for last, because its going to take hours of me going through a lot of unlabeled tapes.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MetalMelsMusicSwag