Author Topic: One Week to Songwriters Induction Ceromony for Lou Gramm and Mick Jones  (Read 1292 times)

Starrider81

I know this topic was started on Foreigner's Facebook page but I figure I'll ALSO make my views here even though I probably won't  get any replies but hey it is an open forum. Now I'm NOT trying to start anything BUT is the rest of the current member of Foreigner going to be in the audiience? I had heard that Lou and Mick will be performaning with a houseband instead of the *other* members but I was just wondering if Kelly,Tom,Jeff, Micheal whoever else will be there to support Mick. I do want to see that **awkward** moment with Lou and Kelly that'd be cool!! lol 2. A photo op with Kelly Hanson and his older twin Steven Tyler!! lolol  Also for those LUCKY enough to go attend the Songwriters Induction Ceromonies nextweek, I would take a long hard look in the mirror?? HOW could you go there, smile, applaud  both Lou Gramm and Mick Jones (who DESERVES THIS HONOR) While you're all clone followers/middle aged groups clammering over Kelly Hanson??? Also I've read some nasty posts on this message, critisms of Lou Gramm but okay ... you're going to go and give your **fake** congradulations Lou!! REALLY??? Not stupid ... I know you don't mean it!! Congradulations both to Mick and Lou!!

SU_5757

I think that perhaps you are missing the point of the event.  It is to acknowledge and recognize the creative writing talent and NOT the band or associated internal politics.  Let's just say a huge THANKS to the talented writing duo for all the music we love.

Babs

• Babs
Delete 'perhaps' and I can only agree to what you've said, SU5757  :)

JCC

• Newbie Member
Truth be told Mick and Lou are both lucky to be alive for this event. Foreigner will never make it to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, so this is kind of a consolation prize, but well earned for sure. The rest of the current line-up, whoever they may be on an given day, have nothing to do with the honor given to Mick and Lou.

Starrider81

don't get me wrong I'm happy for Mick and Lou and what they contributed as song writers but it's odd how in the poast I've read posts badmouthing Lou and praising Kelly like he's the NEW voice of Foriegner!! Uh-uh sorry Lou Gramm will allways be the voice of Foreigner. Mick Jones is the heartbeat of Foreigner that's keeping this band alive!! Without Lou or Mick .... They'd be just another cover/tribute band!!!

YEAH I SAID IT!!!!

Luke

Thank goodness for this forum. The sick self hating trolls have a place to vent their self hatred and are not killing kids in schools. The internet has provided people from the total spectrum to spread love to hate. It has also provided an opportunity for those of us to spread joy and friendship, Rock on my friends!!!

Luke

Starrider81

First off Luke, I am NOT one of these crazies with gun shooting out schools HOW DARE U to assume that if that comment was towards me!!! And you are right this is a great forum to voice one's opinions but it should all be one sided and tar and feathering if someone disagrees. Now true some of my comments about Foreigner in recent years have not been "positive" and "happy" I'll admit that!! I TRIED to give the "current" Foreigner line up a chance. The only reason I STILL care and follow (and I'll accept trolling) is due to Mick Jones whose the literally the heart of Foreigner still being around. It's just sad how this once great band has been deminished into a shadow of itself! Sure Lou Gramm is not the once prime Lou Dawg he was since the operation but I give Lou Gramm alot of respect for what he's doing and I have read the negative posts about Lou (not from me but others) but yet Lou and Mick finely get the recognition they deserve and those who had been dissing Lou are allllll of sudden kidding Lou's butt !! I'm sure Lou knows all about this.

Also I'm still NOT happy when Mick was out ill they ACTUALLY replaced him with a substitute studio guitarist?? REALLY??? and tour under the name Foreigner ... really that low imo!! But anyway I just had to reply to Luke's comment that I'm a gun toting loon that's so wrong dude!

Starrider81

Oh here's a question for those on this post who really believe the **new** Foreigner is still revalent --- when you listen to radio stations esp classic rock radio stations and they play a Foreigner tune --- what version do you hear??? IT SURE AIN'T KELLY HANSON SINGING I HEAR!!! LOLOL

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Luke my dear
joy and friendship indeed