Author Topic: VIP packages question for GA shows  (Read 872 times)

michellea

• FF#3
VIP packages question for GA shows
« on: June 12, 2013, 01:59:20 pm »
Anyone know how this works? In the past the VIP meet and greets were before the show.  As you guys know, with GA shows, you would lose your "spot" or seat if you left to go to a meet and greet. I know...good problem to have...but... we want it all! :)

SU_5757

Re: VIP packages question for GA shows
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 07:20:08 pm »
Have you tried contacting the venue?  These events likely have slight adaptions based on each setup.  I would hope that they would allow the "meet and greet" people first access since you will already be inside the venue.

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 11:27:03 am »
Michele
The recent VIP events I have attended happened before the venue opened
They usually take place between 6 and 7
I dodn't believe there ia anything in place for early admission
by the way the VIP upgrades do not include the acoustic performance unless it is at a show where the VIP package was being sold and says it includes it
Hope this helps

SU_5757

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 01:31:51 am »
Michele,
I need to recant my earlier comments which I thought would be helpful but  were based on my 2011 experience.  My more recent experience indicates  "It's a total crap shoot".  Last night's VIP Meet&Greet started after7:50PM for an 8PM show when doors opened at 6PM.  The whole thing lasted under 5 minutes when we were ushered into a tiny cramped back room with 2 seconds to say "Hi" to the band and have a quick photo taken.

I got an email two days prior with a contact name, but no time or meeting place specified and an INCORRECT number to text with questions and no replies from the dream media people who sent the email. The venue would only say to contact the box office a couple of hours before the show because that was when they would receive information.  This was not overly helpful when planning a 3 hour travel from out of state, but sometimes you just have to take life as it comes.  I applaud the venue's staff member who finally got some details right. There were a total of 4 packages sold so instead of offering a very intimate experience, it just didn't seem worth putting in much effort.    The others were told to pick up things from the box office for a Meet and Greet at 4PM. Armed with the wrong contact number too, they were as lost as I was.  The only employee in the box office  window knew  absolutely nothing when I was standing in front of him needing any concrete information.  I watched the tour bus pull in around 5:50PM so had to conclude that I hadn't missed it entirely.   Yes. that  would be almost 2 hours  AFTER the scheduled event time sent to the only 2 others. That tells you how inaccurate the info was for everyone who purchased the meet and greet.  It was clearly a completely different experience from  the lovely comments posted about Newport RI the night before.

I'm not saying that I didn't appreciate those 2 precious seconds with the band but I spent more time checking in on Mike's health with his parents  and meeting Bruce's sister.  For me. the concert itself was the better part of the night.  I wish you good luck in finding a reliable information source for what wil happen at a GA event if you are still considering the purchase.

michellea

• FF#3
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 06:44:23 am »
Thank you everyone for responding to my question. I did write FWT on here and some "management folks" through Facebook, but never received a response before the show, thus we did NOT purchase VIP. After waiting in the sun all day, we got into the venue only to find that they had let the VIP folks in first and they were already sitting on the front row. Luckily, there were not that many of them, so we still got the spot we wanted. Overhearing their conversations, they were pretty confused about "the plan" and when they were to meet the band. We then watched as they took the VIP people backstage a few at a time, thus allowing the remaining VIP people to save the seats for those backstage. This all took place during the opening act. The VIP's couldn't have had too much time for photos or autographs because they were in and out in a few minutes. I probably wouldn't have done anything differently, but my friend had never met the band, so she was a little upset that she didn't buy the VIP.  Of course, it would have been nice to get in first without standing outside all day, too! :)

Thanks for sharing your experience, SU, sorry it worked out that way!  I probably will do VIP again, but in a reserved seat venue.