Author Topic: Very rare Foreigner video  (Read 1273 times)

shadow

Very rare Foreigner video
« on: June 17, 2013, 02:56:21 am »
Hi all,
Just watched an amazing extremely rare Foreigner clip on YouTube. It was just recently posted.
Basically it's 15 minutes of live playing and short interviews from a small club called the Bayou.
It's from the mid eighties and where they first played in the very beginning. They went back there at the height of their popularity to do this small gig.
This is awesome guys and gals! You won't be disappointed!
Just google or YouTube  "Foreigner back at the bayou" and enjoy!!

Cheers,
Shadow

Tatjana

Re: Very rare Foreigner video
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 06:59:17 am »
Shadow: Pretty cool, eh? ;) My good friend Renée has posted it. That was back in the day when the "M" in MTV still stood for "MUSIC".

Tatjana :)

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 09:50:40 pm »
What a coincidence! A friend on facebook posted this the other day (who knows, maybe a mutual friend) and I went rummaging through my FOREIGNER FILES to find the contest entry form. This was an invitation only concert, and MTV had a contest.  I entered several times but didn't win anything.  :-[   But I still have the memento of the entry card and now this video which I remember being aired all those years ago - back in 1985!

I've tried to attach a copy that I scanned, but it errors out when I try to post it. File size is only 92kb but it won't post. If anyone would like  to see it, I can email it to you.

Jeff

shadow

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 05:07:03 pm »
Hey Tatjana,

Is that the infamous Renee that has posted countless Foreigner gems on Youtube over the years? If so, could you thank her for me from the bottom of my heart! Her efforts have brought me much joy and entertainment over the years.
So very grateful!

Shadow

Tatjana

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:56:18 am »
Hey Shadow,

that's indeed her! :) A huge  Foreigner fan who has made quite some efforts to spoil us over the years with her gems. :)

Besides, she is one lovely lady. The first internet buddy I ever had and to this day one of my best. I have met her once in person and we sat in a street café in Heerlen/Netherlands and talked for hours as if we would haven known each other for ages. A really great person.

Tatjana :)

Tigerlily

• Newbie Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 11:01:07 am »
Hello guys,

I'm the infamous Renée!!! Yes, I have posted all these Foreigner stuff on YouTube. Tatjana  and I will meet again, if all goes well, in about some weeks  :D  She is one real lady xxx

I feel flattered, so thank you Shadow for the very kind words. And it is my pleasure to post these gems.  That is why  I post them, to make people happy with these videos  :)

Btw, I have seen Foreigner in 2006, in Tilburg. They were awesome and hopefully they will come again some time, it's been too long.  :o

Here is the link to the Bayou video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgb-4lcNE7s

Greetings, Renée

Babs

• Babs
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 04:51:10 pm »
What a blast from the past !!! Thanks to Renée - and welcome to the board!

Tigerlily

• Newbie Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 02:40:15 am »
Thanks Babs!!! I always was a member of this board, never left, but I just didn't read/post anymore for a loooong time.
But I'm back  :P

Renée

Babs

• Babs
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 05:29:48 am »
 :) :) :)