Author Topic: COLD AS ICE VIDEO  (Read 1388 times)

ccbillsfan

• Newbie Member
COLD AS ICE VIDEO
« on: June 14, 2013, 11:33:55 pm »
Whatever happened to the video for Cold as Ice where the girl stabbed the guy in the back right between his shoulder blades and he's squirming with blood flying and can't reach behind himself to remove the sissors?  Where is that video?? It would be a HIT!!  People think I'm nuts when I tell them about it and I know I saw it a lot many years ago.  It's one of my life mysteries.

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
Re: COLD AS ICE VIDEO
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 07:11:45 pm »
CC - you are not nuts....it is real. It was actually made into a short film and broadcast on Saturday Night Live on 25Mar 1978. Google it....you will find it there!
I think I saw it rebroadcast in Oct 1979...I was 16 at the time and my sister and I were staying the night at our grandmothers. I got to stay up late when I was over there...and I found my grandmothers rum bottle...needless to say...pretty sure it was on that night because I remember wathing SNL and jamming to CAS that night but the full memories are a bit sketchy...

Babs

• Babs
Re: COLD AS ICE VIDEO
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 05:20:23 pm »
This is what I found on Wikipedia:
On Weekend Update, the Writers Guild strikes against Sesame Street ("picket" "scab" "don't, it might get infected") and the"Point/Counterpoint" segment is introduced. A Gary Weis short film, titled “Cold as Ice”, features an uncredited Stacy Keach being repeatedly stabbed with scissors and a gun and eventually shot with a shotgun, all in slow-motion, by a unnamed blonde to the tune of the Foreigner song of the same name.

And you can buy the video:
http://www.sidereel.com/Saturday_Night_Live/season-3/episode-15

As usual Jeff has the answer  :) You're awesome, bro' !!!!