Author Topic: Songwriters ceremony  (Read 2398 times)

shadow

Songwriters ceremony
« on: June 15, 2013, 07:25:51 am »
For anyone who attended the gala and I know some of you did, the suspense is killing me!!!
I'm reading all over the internet that Mick and Lou brought the house down and were the highlight of the evening!!!
Come on kids, cough up a review please...LOL

Cheers,
Shadow

aventuracane

Re: Songwriters ceremony
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 05:48:17 pm »
Mick and Lou sang two songs. Jukebox Hero and I Want to Know What Love is.

It was I want to Know What Love is that was one of the highlights of the event. Everybody was standing up and you could feel the love in the room. It was cool seeing Natalie Cole and Sting among other celebrities swaying and singing during this song. They had a really good choir come on and sing on this song.

Stuart

Starrider81

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 10:49:46 pm »
Congradulations to both Lou Gramm and Mick Jones for being inducted into the songwriters hall of fame!!!! Glad to see them reunite if only for this one night!!!! Very glad they worked things out but what gets me are some of you so called fans in the past have bad mouthed Lou, critisized his singing but yet OOOH!!! WE"RE SOOO HAPPY ---- yeah right!!! there's 2 words for that two faced!!!

Pooorrrr Kelly wonder what he was doing that night --- probably hoping for the Hurricane reunion huh??? lol

shadow

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 02:03:12 am »

Thanks very much for that review Stuart!!
Have been searching for video of IWTNWLI since the day of the performance.
Also hoping to see the clips of Billy Joel singing snippets of Foreigner tunes. So envious of all who attended.

Cheers,
Shadow

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 09:27:40 am »
It was an incredible evening! I really enjoyed Patty Smyth singing "The Warrior". We were up in the balcony and looking down on Lou's table. Mick was 3 tables over directly across. We were able to get Lou's attention before the show started to give him a hello greeting.
While many of the other announcers sang a song of the inductee before the presentation of the award, Billy Joel did not. Lou gave a somewhat brief speech while Mick gave a very emotional filled speech. They went on to perform JUKE BOX HERO then an absolutely arousing rendition of I WANT TO KNOW WHAT LOVE IS. The entire crowd was on their feet singing along. The choir couldn't have been better either!
It was truly an honor and a pleasure to be a part of this moment in history as Mick and Lou finally received their just recognition.

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 11:20:13 am »
Shadow been on the road at all this weekends shows got home late last night
I did record some snippets of the performances I will try to get up on youtube soon
It truly was a magical experince and we are so grateful to the Foreigner family for making it possible for us to attend

Starrider81

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 08:39:52 pm »
Hey Jeffery --- weren't YOU one of them so called Foreigner fans in the past who was critisizing Lou's vocal abilities??? This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about from you so called Foreigner fans!! I am happy for Lou Gramm and Mick Jones for getting this deserved honor --- but I'm NOT going be the one to kick Lou to the curve like some of you fans have done... I mean now you're "ooooh! We were soo close to Lou and Mick!! Foreigner ooo they deserve the honor" but earlier you so called Foreigner fans are making fun of Lou's vocal abilities ... now you want to kiss up to Lou??!!! Really REALLY go follow your *fake foreigner* lead singer Kelly!! Where was HE that night I wonder!!

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 01:08:24 am »
:::yawn:::

Babs

• Babs
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 08:57:10 am »
Just saw that your photos, Gina! AWESOME! They are perfect.
http://www.foreigneronline.com/news.html?n_id=1022

This night was not just a night to remember. It was a once in a lifetime experience! So thankful.
Great to also see Tommy on stage  :)

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 10:49:51 am »
omg awesome!!!
I didn't see!
thanx FWT  8)

Tatjana

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 11:27:33 am »
Smashing pictures, G! As always!  :-*

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 10:26:39 am »
Thanks Tati xx

Vince

• Newbie Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 01:44:16 pm »
Great that Mick and Lou got some of the recognition they deserve finally. Congratulations to them. Maybe this will wake up th RRHOF? Hard to believe Owen is still around grinding his ax.  8)

Starrider81

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 05:36:12 pm »
Vince:
I'm NOT grinding NO AXE -- I'm GLAD for both Lou and Mick what gets me are those in the past who have allways downgraded Lou in the past are now allllllllll kissing up to Lou like nothing happened!! Oooh I know they're praising Lou Gramm now but in their hearts they're still Kelly followers! lol Never got my answer of where Kelly was that night? hmmm?

Starrider81

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 01:14:51 pm »
Hellooooo!!! Most hated troll here and for once I have something POSITIVE to say!!! So positive I made my own thread about it. I saw Lou and Mick performing IWTKWLI for the SHOF ceromonies....and for once I'm speechless what can I say!!!! Great performance!!!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!