Author Topic: Is Mick Jones planning book or Memoir???  (Read 887 times)

Starrider81

Is Mick Jones planning book or Memoir???
« on: June 24, 2013, 06:25:00 pm »
Okay just a question is Mick Jones planning a book or memoir?? I know Lou Gramm has a book out he's been getting alot of great reviews with it! I just wondering esp after the ***musical moment*** with Lou at the SHOF if by chance if Mick is working on his book, he should cus I really see a bio-pic for Juke Box Hero!! Come on Star rider let's get your side!!!

:)

SoUrgent

Re: Is Mick Jones planning book or Memoir???
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 07:01:01 pm »
Owen, are you feeling okay? This is the first post I've ever seen you A) lead, and B) lead with a normal amount of courtesy and dignity- and no Kelly Clarkson Hansen Steven Tyler fan club mentions! I like this, Owen; a well thought out question that will certainly lead to some discussion. I joke because I care my friend.

I think this is an excellent question, Owen. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer. I guess it is a matter of the line of thought- is a book or memoir a sign of retirement and reflection? Or is a book or memoir something that can be written while still trying to perform at a high level in your line of work?

My thoughts are, a book or memoir similar to Lou's would signal a winding-down of his career, to no longer perform full time (similar to now), but take more of a management aspect of the band- and to perform a few songs half way through the set (again, similar to now), every few concerts. Sort of a passing of the torch into the next phase of Foreigner, while making special guest appearances.

I guess the question is, what are Mick's thoughts on the band, the direction, and his role with the band? Is this going to be his "thing"going forward? Performing at a few gigs here and there? If so, I respect that. I mean, he is 68 years old, lol.

I would have to imagine that the thought has crossed his mind to write or begin the process of a book. I mean, he is Mr. Mick JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONES!!!! (love ya Jeffie!!  ;)  ). Leader and founder of Foreigner. There are a lot of loose ends to be tied up from one of the greatest rock and roll bands. I think it would provide an unquestionable amount of closure for him, Lou, and the long time fans and the newer fans (like me- 33, male, fan since July 4th 2006, Cooper River Park, NJ, for the "Let Freedom ROCK" fest- and boy did they and we rock... my very first Foreigner concert).

I think ultimately it is just a matter of the right timing in conjunction with what I have previously mentioned. They have worked Bruce in real well over the past few years, he is a great guitarist, and might it be a prequel of things to come? I don't know. That could be a *new* topic for a different thread, with the goal to keep this conversation on the topic and not sidetrack, you know what I mean?

I'm curious to get the other board member's thoughts.

Regards,

Nick

Starrider81

Re: Is Mick Jones planning book or Memoir???
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 07:16:09 pm »
Nick:
No I'm feeling fine took my celexa this morning :D glad you seem to agree with me!! I think a book from Mick would be a great counter piece from Lou Gramm's book. I had heard an interview with Lou shortly after the SHOF performance and he said that him and Mick had a great time with that performance and it did seem like a form of closure, he was asked if there would be some sort of "reunion" his answer was "I don't know" but even I doubt that!! Look, don't get me wrong I STILL LOVE AND AM A FORM OF FOREIGNER!! Still not 100% fan of Kelly although okay I like to pick his chops but I dunno something about him I guess. I still follow Foreigner not just the music and history but because I am a huge Mick Jones fan!! Last year when he was out sick and Foreigner was still touring without him and with a sub guitarist yeah I was like WTF??? But I am over that. I wiish I could be like some of you wan meet the guys after a show, (Okay I admit I'm jealous!!) but I'm just a troll dreamer!! I do hope Foreigner comes up to Northeast Ohio one last time because MAYBE I'd give them one more chance!! I think alot of you are pissed off at me cus I gave Foreigner some negative reviews when they played Blossom a couple summers ago I don't know but I digress...lolol But, Nick I'm glad you enjoyed reading a more calmer and subduded post from your favorite annoying troll :)