Author Topic: shawdow king lou gramm album.  (Read 1518 times)

wesley

• Newbie Member
shawdow king lou gramm album.
« on: July 03, 2013, 06:32:20 am »
Hi members Has anybody ever listened to shawdow king [ lou gramm on vocals. album ] one amazing album please let me know what do you think. thank you.

Starrider81

Re: shawdow king lou gramm album.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 10:31:29 am »
oooh brave lad --- shouldn't mention Lou Gramm's name on this message board --- very anti - lou gramm and pro Kelly Hasnon  fans!! save yourself!!!!!

Tatjana

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 01:49:47 pm »
Hi Wesley!

It is actually not my cup of tea even though it has a few good tunes like for example "Russia" or "I Want You".

But I know lots of people who really like it a lot.

Cheers,

Tatjana :)

shadow

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 08:34:55 pm »
Wesley:
Love Love Love Shadow King!! Rock critics all over the world consider their only record to be one of the best and underrated AOR records ever!!!
Some of the songs remind me of what could have been hard driving Foreigner tunes.
Also look up an unreleased Lou Gramm song called "word gets around" Lou is over the top on the this tune!!

Shadow

Tigerlily

• Newbie Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 05:00:50 am »
Wesley, I am one person who happen to love Shadow King!!! ;D

Vince

• Newbie Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 05:23:20 pm »
Love it. Really good tracks all of the way through.

DLManiac

• Newbie Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 01:27:23 am »
Hi members Has anybody ever listened to shawdow king [ lou gramm on vocals. album ] one amazing album please let me know what do you think. thank you.

Yes this is absolutely one of my favorite albums. Although I like some Foreigner songs more than Shadow King, I like the album as a whole better than any Foreigner album.

It is just wonderful. I discovered it about 2 months ago, and have listened to it over 40 times since!

jimzgirl

• Newbie Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 12:15:39 pm »
Yep, I love Shadow King, too.  Always fun to hear Lou's (healthy) voice on anything. 

tigershoot

• Newbie Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 01:13:00 pm »
Definitely one of my favourite albums. "Once upon a Time" is just a fantastic song with a superb solo. The album really benefits from Viv Campbell's superb guitar work. "No man's land" is another standout track.

The sound quality is excellent with a really punchy sound. I thought long and hard about going to their gig in London (it would have been a 600mile round trip) and decided against it. Now I wish I went seeing as it turned out to be their only ever concert. :(

For any who've never heard this album I would 100% recommend it. It's a classic.

headknocker

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 08:57:04 am »
This thread highlights just how subjective music can be.

I haven't listened to SK in years and the only song which grabbed me immediately was Russia. Otherwise, I thought it was simply OK and hence the reason I can barely remember the last time I listened to it.

IMO, it doesn't even compare to Foreigner(the first five releases anyway) but that's just my worthless opinion.