Author Topic: Anyone listen to classic rock radio lately ... answer this simple question??  (Read 1566 times)

Starrider81

Okay, I know I have attendancy to start alot of this message board, and I'm known as the anti-Kelly Hating Troll which I admit I'll carry with you blinded Foreigner fan followers but ask me this .. have any of you listen to classic rock radio lately and when they play a classic Foreigner song "Feels Like The First Time" "Double Vision" "Juke Box Hero" or "I Want To Know What Love Is?" Are the playing the original versions with Lou Gramm singing or the remastered ones where Kelly's vocals dubbed in???? Well, I don't about you all but I'm still hearing the ORIGINAL and CLASSIC Lou Gramm and songs that I love and to me Lou will allways be the voice of Foreigner and I can't believe some of you so called fans saying "Kelly is the new voice" of Foreigner!! yeeeah right! And I'm Owen Wilson!! So I can understand why some people not all they go to a foreigner show and they are in shcck to find out whose NOT singing the songs but some false prophet.... but whatever it was just a question...

time for my meds :P

Tatjana

Listening to "Rockland Classic Rock" on FM 88,30 here in Germany as we speak.

They are just now playing "WFAGLY" with Kelly singing.

Sorry to disappoint you! ;)

Luke

Over a million FB likes !!!   ;D
Rock on my friends…..
Luke

Tatjana

We will do, Luke!

Time to get ready for the concert in 2 weeks. :)

\m/

Now, "Urgent" live on the radio with Kelly! YEEEEHAAAAAWWWW!!!!! :)

Babs

• Babs
Missed the show  :( .. great to hear that they played the new versions with Kelly! They are ever so good.
So looking forward to  rocking out with the band and you Tatjana, with Rika ... I suppose, Bärbel will be at one of the shows as well, so will Celine, Nicole, Tino and Meryl from the U.K.
Another highlight will be touring with Jeff and David - 12 days until I pick them up at Munich airport, 13 days and we'll be at the first show in Rosenheim.
Excitement rises  :)

mick2112

• Newbie Member
And the winner of the most stupid post of day goes to....................................
Classic Rock stations play the classic rock songs,the originals,Lou was the original singer and voice on those songs so why would they play anything else?
Lou was the voice of Foreigner then and Kelly is now,if a radio station has Foreigner in the studio to sing a few songs and interview who is there Lou or Kelly? yes Kelly as he is THE VOICE OF FOREIGNER NOW!!!
How can that be soooooooo hard for you to grasp or understand??
I would say it was basic logic that most normal people would understand??
So just so you understand me Kelly is now the 'Voice of Foreigner' and back when Lou was the frontman he was the 'Voice of Foreigner'!!
In your world a Foreigner gig in 2013 is a cd player stuck in the middle of a arena with Lou's voice coming out of it,very sad really that you constantly will not embrace the present and just live in the past!! Your loss certainly not ours!!!
Mick

Starrider81

Tatjaina or however U pronouce your name well that's Germany .... I'm talking about the USA!!! doh!! Okay, in all fairness to  you Kellylovers I do remember when Can't Slow Down hearing In Pieces and Can't Slow Down MAYBE a couple times BUT overall when it comes to playing Foreigner classics --- I allways hear the Lou Gramm vocals NOT EVERYONE's favorite .... geesh now were all back on the Kelly Hanson bandwagon after a couple weeks ago playing kiss up to Lou for SHOF ceromonies....not surprised!

You middle aged groupies need to lighten up!!

shadow

Pretty much all classic Foreigner on the radio in Canada is Lou singing. I'm in the USA frequently as well and it's also Lou. This really is a moot point regardless! I think the vast majority of Foreigner fans worldwide will consider Lou as the voice of Foreigner. He was the singer from the beginning through all the classics. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.
Kelly is the current singer in this band and obviously has injected life into the modern day Foreigner. This band likely would have died ten years ago if not for that. I think Mick was really considering that.

Owen, as big as a Lou Gramm fan that I am, I'm also a realist. As hard as it is for you to understand, Foreigner alive today actually helps Lou! It keeps all things Foreigner, past and present relevant.
Repeat this last paragraph ten times over, and you should then REALLY UNDERSTAND!!!

Shadow

Tigerlily

• Newbie Member
In my country, The Netherlands, when a Foreigner song is played on the radio, it's with Lou Gramm singing. But then you talk about records here. I have to say when I saw Foreigner with Kelly live in Tilburg in 2006 I was really upbeat and I  loved it very much, had a great time. But at home, when wanting to hear the classic songs, I always get back to the cd's with Lou.

But it's different with live shows and all, that is now and is thrilling to listen to. But I'm not ashamed to say that at home I rather listen to the Foreigner cd's with Lou. And why not? It was the original back then and now that Kelly is with the band, it doesn't mean that I love these cd's with Lou any less just because Kelly is in the band.

It's the same when people say that the first 6 piece Foreigner is still the best. It doesn't break down any other version, it's a matter of taste!!! 

Renée 

Babs

• Babs
You have hope that Owen understands something, Shadow? You're an optimist  :)
On the radio station I listen to here in Berlin they also play the original songs. With one exception: 'When It Comes To Love' is broadcasted now and then.

Tigerlily

• Newbie Member
Babs, Owen is Owen, he will never change!!! Sometimes he is semi-nice and the other times he is plain irritating.  He is like a fly, you want to get rid of him, but he keep coming back  ::)  :P

Renée

JCC

• Newbie Member
Classic rock is Lou. Period. The band now is a cover band. Period.
Go to Wiki and look at all the band members and how long they have been with the band. When they were hot, they were 4 or 5, and they were great.
They are great now as well, and I hit every show when they come to Vegas because I like the classic rock songs. But, today they are covering those songs from 30 years ago; ergo they are a cover band.
I am glad Mick did this.
I see every show here.
Kelly has given the band new life.
These are all good things.
But, no matter what, they are still a cover band.
Period.

mick2112

• Newbie Member
JCC i really don't get why you go see them or more to the point why you are posting here on the forum for to you a 'cover band'??
If that is your opinion of the current line up go see your local 'cover band' and save your money mate!!
Also on your current thinking theres hell of a lot of 'cover bands' selling out Arenas and Festivals all over teh world,if you ask those leaving those gigs have they just seen a 'cover band'i wonder who would get most responses you as a 'cover band' or me/others the name of the band they had just seen??
You are entitled to your opinion but as the person who started this post you live in the past unable to grasp that in all bands members change and bands evolve it does not make them cover bands it makes them bands with new band members and those new members help keep the bands musical history alive,'cover bands' have no musical history so you are saying Foreigner has no musical history now??

Babs

• Babs
@ Renée  ;D ;D ;D

JCC

• Newbie Member
You think I don't get it? Really?
I think the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame gets it and that is why Foreigner will never get inducted.
I get it.
This is a cash fest for Mick and the boys.
And that is all I have to say about that.