Author Topic: Unusual concert experience  (Read 984 times)

SweetSweetConnie

• Newbie Member
Unusual concert experience
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:52:29 pm »
I went to a Foreigner concert a couple of months ago at an outdoor venue.  Purchased meet & greet package and really had an awesome time.  Was in the 2nd row and had a woman directly in front of me that was venomous about no one moving up beside her if they didn't have a front row ticket.  Her view wouldn't have been blocked as there was plenty of room against the rail.  I probably would have just chalked it up to being unfortunate to be seated near a crouch but an older woman (late sixties) had a woman grab and twist her wrist and call her some really nasty names telling her to get back to her seat.   This happened after Kelly gave the OK to move up closer to the stage.  I've been to quite a few Foreigner concerts and have always enjoyed rocking with the other fans.  This time I came away feeling blue and frustrated.  Anyone else encounter this mentality?  I'm having a hard time letting go of this incident.

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
Re: Unusual concert experience
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 04:19:58 am »
Sweet Sweet Connie - so sorry you had this unfortunate experience. Haven't ever encountered anything that bad, however, I have been tapped on the shoulder a time or two and asked to sit down because I was blocking their view.

Sit down at a FOREIGNER concert?!?!  Me thinks NOT!!!

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:03:33 am »
Wow that is horrible and hopefully the exception to the rule!
I had someone throw their entire beer on me recently at a show for no reason except that they were an immature a-hole!

Babs

• Babs
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 02:33:10 pm »
Unfortunately these things happen. Too sad if that ruined your concert.
When I have annoying people around me I just am ever so nice to them, telling them in the sweetest way that things would be so much better being treating others nicely. Most of the times we end up being concert buddies  ;)

Jayman

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 07:53:34 pm »
and have always enjoyed rocking with the other fans.

Rockin with other fans?  You're very lucky to encounter fans at Foreigner shows that actually have a pulse.   Most people don't go to a Foreigner show to rock out.  It's senior citizens that go there to take a nap.  I"m very jaded at this point after so many experiences with these fans that tap me on the shoulder or tell me to sit down.  I've had it with that crap.  I really can relate to your experience.   This is why I don't go to as many Foreigner shows or old school rock shows because after years of stuff like that, I just can't stomach these type of crowds any more
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:00:35 pm by Jayman »

SweetSweetConnie

• Newbie Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 01:06:29 pm »
I've had people complain when I stand up during the concert but so far security has always backed me up.  Love it though when Kelly embarrasses them about just sitting there on their a##.  I really want to give them the date of the next Barry Manilow concert and suggest it might be more to their liking.  ::)

SweetSweetConnie

• Newbie Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 01:23:46 pm »
I agree, Babs.  Since the band doesn't play my state very often, I usually travel to other states to see them.  I'm single so I occasionally travel solo and have always made friends along the way.  It's always more fun with a group!  I couldn't believe that security sided with this woman even tho it was pointed out that she had only bought one ticket which didn't give her the right to control the entire rail.  I want to point out that this woman was probably in her early 40's, not exactly a senior citizen.

Tatjana

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 02:18:21 pm »
I only sat once at a rock show. I saw Queen with Paul Rodgers and I was heavily pregnant with my second baby. I think that counts as an excuse. ;)

Sitting at a rock show?! No way! At the end of a concert I always look like as if I had been dragged through a river. I'm soaked from all the head-banging, clapping and cheering and I'm hoarse from singing, yelling and shouting. That's the way it should be! ;)

Tatjana :)

TomCat

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 07:54:19 am »
That's one nasty person that you shouldn't let win in ruining your fun. Other that having my butt pinched many times in Florence, IN, I almost kickboxed his butt into the next aisle! A drunk woman in Columbus, IN that kept stepping on feet, OUCH! A woman in Paducah, KY who kept pulling on my top strap down so I almost had a wardrobe malfunction. That's about the extent of my personal abuse. I won't let those few people ruin my fun!

I would have to say that Summerfest in Milwaukee was the best Foreigner concert I've ever been too! I was by myself on Tommy's side & had a blast with complete strangers. I stood & as soon as they came on! The people next to me asked me if it was okay to stand? I said Hell Yes it is!! What are they people going to do tell you? Tell you to sit, that won't last long with Kelly around! :) The energy was just amazing in that venue, I was in the front & looked back & all I saw were people having a great time! I finally got to meet Mick & get a HUG!  ;D

Sorry went off on my favorite concert experience there. Tatijana, don't let the sour puss ruin your fun! I know it's hard but I'm sure she had a fun time, so just try to think about rocking with the band & the smiles I'm sure that were shared with them!  ;D