Author Topic: Quick update on GGIII  (Read 959 times)

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
Quick update on GGIII
« on: July 21, 2013, 04:49:17 am »
Three shows down and WOW!!!! The boys have been ON FIRE and the crowds just as much so! The crowds here in Germany really know how to ROCK!!! One of the main reasons I keep coming back!

As I'm writing from my phone will have to make it fairly brief, just highlights (but their have already been so many!!!) Hopefully Tatjana will write a review of Night 2.

So asie drom me, thus far GGIII has been Babs, David, Claudia and her sister Barbara, Tatjana and Kalle, Baerbel, Nicole, Andreas, and Rika. Rika is sitting here with Babs and I in the courtyard of our hotel as I write. Have a couple of days off here so will be sightseeing here in the Black Forest area and maybe cross over the border into France, which is only about 20km away.

We have gotten front row in front of Mick all three nights. Being Gen Ad here in Germany we get here early to be at the front of the line to storm the stage when the gates are open.

Few highlights from the shows. 11 song main set, 3 encores each night. Mick comes in at song 4 to be a Dirty White Boy and plays the rest of the way through. Mick is looking great and is really rockin' away the whole time!

Won't publish the full set list yet, but we get TWY and an acoustic version of WICTL, which the first night, it wasn't just sweat moisturizing my eyes! And speaking of moisture, Night 2, out of the blue, Father Kelly annointed us with FOREIGNER water! He took his water bottle, and with this wicked look on his face, swung his arm with bottle in hand and drenched us with it. Was actually quite refreshing on a warm summer night!

So much more to share but will ask the others to share some as well. Keep watching! We'll keep you posted!

Jeff

ekelly51

• FF#2
Re: Quick update on GGIII
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 11:56:11 am »
Thanks for the quick update Jeff!! Sounds like you guys are having a blast.
Also, thanks for all the pics you guys posted on facebook. Love them. Till your next update.

Eunice :)

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:00:51 am »
I saw the setlist
They have taken out Blue Morning to accomodate That was Yesterday and have put When it Comes to Love in as an acosutic duo with Say You Will nice
Of course we are waiting for Starrider to make it's comeback as they were rehearsing it before they left the states  8)

Babs

• Babs
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 02:42:02 pm »
Well, you all know that we are having the best time of our lives ... one more time!
I'm really very content with the set list but of course I'm also waiting to be taken to the stars  :) I so love Mick's solo in the song.
But would I moan about what I get? NOPE !!! No way.
Tomorrow we'll be heading for Winterbach - we can't wait!

Chug1

• Newbie Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:49:20 pm »
Best news since Mick and Michael made it back is that Starrider may be making a comeback.  The show is so much better with this powerful "ditty" as Mick has called it.  Will have my fingers crossed for the next month and a half.

SU_5757

• Newbie Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 06:14:08 am »
And my fingers will be crossed until after Thanksgiving!

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 05:56:53 pm »
Quick update...5 shows down...tonight was reallh HOT!!! Well, every night has been really hot, it just keeps getting better. But while the band is taking us to lofty heights, we still haven't been taken to the stars...but anticipation is very high!!!

4eigner

• That Was Yesterday
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 04:33:59 am »

Now after Jeff's last post i must come, hope i'll come even for 1 concert in Germany. ;) :P 8)