Author Topic: Denver Colorado Concert  (Read 782 times)

CoffeetoGo

• Newbie Member
Denver Colorado Concert
« on: August 12, 2013, 10:43:19 pm »
I've been harping to my friend about what an amazing experience a Foreigner concert is.  So I planned my visit from Los Angeles during the weekend the band was playing Littleton, CO.  How convenient!   
Outdoor venue during a Summer Concert Series, bring your own blanket, lawn chairs, coolers etc... It was deja vue of my soccer mom days sans the Capri Sun yet the Coors Beer was flowing about for the consumption of a guesstimated 4,000 attendees.  Pretty big crowd I'd say.  Coloradans are a very "casual" bunch.  They were in T-shirts and flip flops. No fuss, no bells and whistles.  The LA in me got a very quick lesson in how to dress for a concert in CO. 
Beach balls were being thrown around in the crowds like a High School graduation ceremony!  During Cold as Ice Kelly Hansen climbed the stage rigging/scaffold up to the top and started egging on the crowd to toss the beach ball up to him.  He was able to kick it back at the crowd.  They went nuts!!!  Apparently Kelly spent 5 years living in Denver and he had family out in the audience this particular night.  He asked them to ID themselves and again all the fans went crazy!  Smoky Hills High School if my memory doesn't fail me was his HS.   
The show was so much fun.  Very light hearted and a genuine good time.  My friend couldn't believe how good they sounded.  We were concerned the high altitude would play a number on the performance of the band, especially the sax solo but whoa....even the Mile High city couldn't stop Tom! 
The band played while it was light out and by the last song Hot Blooded, the sun had set in the sky and it was a beautiful sight with beautiful music playing.  Excellent end to a memorable concert experience.

Babs

• Babs
Re: Denver Colorado Concert
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 02:41:59 pm »
Great review! Sounds as if everybody had a great time at this special venue.
Kelly is one hell of an entertainer! Whenever he hits the stage - it only takes a little while and the audience freaks out. Awesome.
Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted! Really enjoyed reading your review.

SU_5757

• Newbie Member
Re: Denver Colorado Concert
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 05:21:13 pm »
It sounds like a wonderful night. Hope your friend was an instant convert.  There's not much better than an amazing concert and good friends to share the experience.  The band always puts on a great show and then Kelly helps bring it to a higher level (even in Denver).