Author Topic: What is a Foreigner ***Mininion***?? My conclusion!!!  (Read 6171 times)

Starrider81

What is a Foreigner ***Mininion***?? My conclusion!!!
« on: September 06, 2013, 03:41:12 pm »
Okay, don't comment, ignore, dislike, HATE this but I come to the conclusion that MOST people on this board are more like "Mininions" followers of Foreigner rather TRUE Foreigner fans...also if you seen the movie Dispicbalie Me 1 and 2 --- I'm sure I am correct on this...

1. Follow Foreigner when you know EVERY concert they're gonna play THE SAME setlist (yawn)

2. Are comfortable content know their ONE LONE orignal member is the only one holding this band still together and will still follow them even when he is replaced by some 2nd rate guitartist!!

3. Considers their new lead singer, who doesn't resemble or sound like Lou Gramm but rather a heavy metal poser and Steven Tyler wanna be

4. Will ACCEPT Foreigner EVEN if they make stupid TV appearances on TV food shows and NSCAR events

5.  Totalllllly disregard former members as nobody's and no longer part of Foreigner history but willl quickly KISS THEIR BUTTS when they finailly get recognize

Okay, I'll shut up by now but I believe I made my case....LATER MINIONS!!!!!

Kimsim

• Newbie Member
Re: What is a Foreigner ***Mininion***?? My conclusion!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 05:02:18 pm »
Ok so you are entitled to your opinion, but HOW DARE YOU INSULT TRUE FANS.  Tom has been with the band for 20 years, to me and other TRUE FANS he is an original member.  As for insulting Kelly Hansen, his voice is perfect for these songs, he feels what he sings with guts and power, he has the crowd singing and dancing (lots of bands struggle to get the crowd singing), they all mix well on stage with true respect for each other and joy in their faces.  I think the only untrue "fan" is you.

SoUrgent

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 05:55:51 pm »
I am going to go deeper here, in getting to know the broken-record over the past few years...

Owen is just upset that he never had nor wanted the opportunity to create new friendships over a common bond and create more memories than just "going to a concert."  Him seeing our friendships and sharing stories makes him sad.

He hasn't formed the friendships, bonds, and the genuine love for each other so many of us have, in flying to meet each other around the country and around the world, for the first time ever.  In having the "host-minion" introduce us to  their hometown, sight-see, meet their family, and cook us home cooked meals as well as try the best local fare.

To have deep meaningful conversations about life, love, family, and whatever else we feel, with so many outside of the concert venue, in the comfort of the "host-minion's" own home and/or while we travel to see the land.

To develop a life-long connection so much deeper than meeting for a concert.

I could go one, but it isn't worth my time to try to solve a broken record with a similar sound, just a different spin. Owen, I feel sorry for you. If the time comes that I am ever in Cleveland, or wherever in Ohio you are, I am making good on my word to take you to lunch, and give you a hug. You are lonely and really need it. Don't forget to your meds too... just a friendly public service announcement.

Starrider81

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 08:33:38 pm »
Hey So Urgent:

I HAVE A LIFE --- it's just I don't waste time following cover/tribute bands to ONCE legandary rockgroups from the 1970s/80s!!! HOW DARE U!! MINION!!! I AM TRUE Foreigner fan from 1977-to 2005 when Lou left this band!! The only reason why I even care for Foreigner is Mick ... and I'm sure once he's gone .... let's see how many true Foriegner fans STILL follow this Fonyiegner band!!!

Ohhh, and a TRUE Foreigner fan would be HAPPY for Lou Gramm and all he's done for Foreigner and okay he may have left, but don't be like calling him a nobody and once him and Mick get some recognition YOU MINIONS suddenly kiss up to him!! And I never did get an answer to my question where was Kelly Hanson the night Mick and Lou got their SHOF award ... if he was a TRUE member of Foreigner he'd be there to at least congradulate Lou IF he had any respect for the ORIGINAL VOICE of Foreigner!!!! But, whatever.. I had feeling my post would rile up some of you Minions!!

Now, go see if Foreigner will make an appearance at the next cooking show and let us know, okay?? lol

Luke

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 08:53:59 pm »
Ha Ha Hey minions,  check out Schizotypal personality disorder under Mayo clinic.com
see if it reminds you of any one.

Luke

Starrider81

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 08:43:00 am »
hahah Luke funny!!

I'm NOT crazy --- I was tested!!! Dr. Sheldon Cooper :P

Later Looser Minions!!!

Kimsim

• Newbie Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 04:21:32 pm »
Kelly Hansen did congratulate Mick and Lou - don't you know anything?  Go to twitter, have a look for yourself.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:33:19 pm by Kimsim »

Starrider81

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 08:23:13 pm »
Well, maybe TWITTER --- but I'm talking face to face!! Or was he afraid Lou would give one HEADKNOCKER slam down on him!!! hahahahahahahahah!!! ooooo Minions now take me serious!!! lol

:P

Luke

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 11:25:36 pm »
Dr. Sheldon Cooper the gynecologist ???   ha ha ha

Babs

• Babs
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 01:35:22 pm »
Luke - you are so funny !!!  :D
Just for your information - none of the original members were at the SHOF.
Only Tom who was also performing with Mick and Lou.
Mick was accompanied by his family.
Nick - I agree with so many things you said. Except: I don't feel sorry for this insane person.
He's so full of negativity, no wonder he's sick.

Kimsim

• Newbie Member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 05:05:46 pm »
You need to calm down before your head explodes!  I am sure Lou is extremely grateful that the songs are being sung by someone who has the deepest respect for the originals to sing them as they were written.  Here is a test (if you are willing to take it) - Put Lou on your stereo, close your eyes and listen.  Now play the same song sung by Kelly and close your eyes and listen - I bet you can hardly tell the difference between them.  If you keep getting worked up you are going to look like a big bad tempered tomato, or maybe you already do!!!! Don't forget to keep that doctor's number from Luke handy.

babyboomer

• Newbie Member
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 07:45:12 pm »
Oh I could tell the difference, but I don't begrudge Mick for replacing Lou. Life has to go on. And he does a good job, but there will never be another lou Gramm.  I just wish there wasn't such bad blood between them.   Lou's days as a rock singer are over.  It's so sad, but age and his health problems have taken his 'rock voice".  He still has a beautiful voice, but it's just not suited for rock anymore and i'm sure that is very hard for him to accept.  There 's no way we can know how his trials and tribulations have affected him.  Everybody handles it differently.  I wish him peace and contentment.  He has a lot of great memories to reflect on.  I hope that can get him thru his golden years. BTW  I'm the same age as Lou so I really understand.  I give him the benefit of the doubt cause he has been thru such  trauma.  Can you imagine if you were once a "rock god" adored by millions and then in one day it is taken from you.  Had to have really affected him.

foreignerfan1968

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 09:54:55 pm »
Lou's days as a rock singer arent over. Dont be so ignorant to reality. And for the guy that says if you listen to Lou and Kelly and cant hear a difference. Come on son. Ignorance isnt cool.

Some of you guys/gals arent true Foreigner fans. Nothing personal but its true

Kimsim

• Newbie Member
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 01:16:00 am »
For one I am not a guy and I actually said "can hardly tell the difference" not "there is no difference between them".  I followed Lou into his solo career and at the same time followed Foreigner.  I always have been and always will be a fan of both.

Jayman

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 02:27:40 am »
The OP clearly hasn't been getting the attention he craves in his recent threads so he had to push the envelope and start this thread.   Nobody should respond to this idiot
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:13:30 pm by Jayman »