Author Topic: When Mick is done will they still use the Foreigner name? Good article to read  (Read 1098 times)

foreignerfan1968

http://www.examiner.com/article/lou-gramm-foreigner-legendary-vocalist-embraces-a-second-chance-at-life

Kelly speaking about writing Jukebox Hero??

“I watched on one of the cable channels, the new Foreigner play a couple songs and then they’d cut to an interview … and the new singer, well guess he’s not new anymore, he’s been with them for ten years now, is talking with the interviewer about his memories when they wrote, “Juke Box Hero” together … can you believe that?”

Be proud pretend Foreigner fans. Be very proud

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
Old interview from 2012.

Since then, Lou and Mick have talked, and while there may not be any plans for a reunion, at least there was some smoothing out of tensions between them.

The comment about Kelly making those remarks seems to be a product of acrimonious feelings that Lou was going through at the time. I'd be interested to know what specific interview was being referred to where he made those remarks. I've never gotten any impression of other than respect for Lou and the other original members that created the song catalog of Foreigner from any of the current lineup.

I think the only reason that Mick allowed the touring of the band even when he had to miss shows during his recuperation is only because it was with the plans to resume touring, and that he expected to be back on stage. In my opinion, if his health or retirement dictated that he could no longer permanently play or tour live, I think he would focus more on his studio work/production gigs, and perhaps the continuation of the Foreigner brand name in terms of merchandise, etc. But I think he would end the band in terms of it being a live, touring operation.

foreignerfan1968

Nice speaking for Lou. Dont do that ever again.

Say hi to Mickey and Donald for me

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
Nice speaking for Lou. Dont do that ever again.

Say hi to Mickey and Donald for me

Hostile much?

I wasn't speaking for Lou at all. I was offering an opinion of a Lou quote that was posted, and relaying facts that have occurred (as documented in media) since the 2012 interview. This is a discussion forum, and the point is that people are going to discuss the various points brought up in said forum. I don't understand why the rebuttals have to include personal attacks. I suppose it is easy hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. In the end, what does it really matter as to which band members any Foreigner fan past or present chooses to support? It doesn't make any one person or another any more of a "true" fan (and I hate that description) of Foreigner than another.

If you enjoy the music, the performers, the shows, etc. then do so. Life is too short to spend time belittling others - that goes for both band members and fans.

Melanie

Starrider81

I'm loving this Foreignerfan1968 whoever he really is ..... it isn't me!!! lololol

Owen :D

foreignerfan1968

Hey its the man Ive been accused of being.

The "fans" in here aent very bright it appears. You ask themvalide questions and they turn into mutes.

Some clown thinks facebook likes is important. Im guessing Brittney Spears, Justin Beeber and other have lots of likes also.

Great that new Foreigner can be compared with those talented musicians LOL

headknocker

You guys need to get a room :-* 

foreignerfan1968

http://www.examiner.com/article/lou-gramm-foreigner-legendary-vocalist-embraces-a-second-chance-at-life

Kelly speaking about writing Jukebox Hero??

“I watched on one of the cable channels, the new Foreigner play a couple songs and then they’d cut to an interview … and the new singer, well guess he’s not new anymore, he’s been with them for ten years now, is talking with the interviewer about his memories when they wrote, “Juke Box Hero” together … can you believe that?”

Be proud pretend Foreigner fans. Be very proud