Author Topic: What is a Foreigner ***Mininion***?? My conclusion!!!  (Read 5690 times)

mick2112

• Newbie Member
Re: What is a Foreigner ***Mininion***?? My conclusion!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 02:41:31 pm »
How sad,how sad and pathetic that a great band has fans that can only live in the past,can not embrace the present and the future and would rather see a band hang up it's guitars whilst playing to full houses due to their own spiteful images of how a band should be!!
Why post here?? it's like as a UK football(soccer)fan a Manchester United fan posting onto a Manchester city page or vice versa? what do you gain from this??
Nothing is gained the past will always be THE PAST now can only be NOW and the future can only be what you all want it to be??
I know what i want the future to be and that is this great band continues to sell out venues as the past is just that THE PAST so for god's sake grow up and embrace Foreigner 2014 and beyond!!
Mick

foreignerfan1968

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 02:53:00 pm »
I wish I could live in that dream world you 5 in here live in.

I speak highly of Kelly if you go back and READ my posts.

I speak factually of Mick.

And I express my honest feelings about the history of the band.

Never called anyone any names.

Its obvious none of you are Foreigner fans. I smell a relative or 2 , an alias or 2 or 3.

So if I hear you correctly when Mick dies or retires and we have no original members and we have Justin Timberlake singing and Miley Cyrus playing lead guitar under the Foreigner name you guys will be cool with that????

You kids need to raise your standards.

I love the one that said they could tell when it was Mick playing the guitar. Like he has some distinct sound LOL.

I love you guys. Thanks for the laugh.

Cheers and stay real

Kimsim

• Newbie Member
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 04:39:03 pm »
Mick, you hit the nail right on the head and foreignerfan1968 you called me a liar.  Most of their concerts listed on their tour page have had big red letters saying SOLD OUT. It doesn't matter what size the venue is.

Tatjana

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 11:08:25 pm »
foreignerfan1968: The only one who has some growing up to do is yourself.

You come here to slander band and fans, you only value an opinion as long as it is your own opinion and you belittle other people. You use the anonymity of the internet and hide behind a screen name.  If this isn't immature I don't know what else is.

And if you are REALLY not able to distinguish the various sounds and styles of guitar players then  I really pity you because that means you also have a very bad way to listen to music and a very bad set of ears which would also explain why you believe that Lou STILL is capable to  belt out classic Foreigner tunes.

Mick: Since when does ManU have fans? LOL!

Cheers,

Tatjana :)

foreignerfan1968

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2013, 09:13:58 am »
http://www.foreigneronline.com/tourdates.html

LOLOL. The only sold out is the 85 seats they're allowed to charge for at the Levitt. LOL. And $35 lol.

That and the 5 people who post in here that gang up on true Foreigner fans sure does show support for Foreigner part 3 (Mick and Friends).

Lets throw in the very easy to manipulate Facebook likes. Think its at a million. LOL thank god for naive kids that validate that. LOLOL

I do appreciate the laughs.

UtahGirl22

• Newbie Member
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2013, 05:26:48 pm »
Who cares what anyone else thinks? I know what I like & Foreigner is awesome! I just know it's the most fun I've ever had at any concert. The guys look like they're having the time of their lives.  They play off each other so well. Kelly gets the audience involved and everyone has a blast! It's like being on a roller coaster. When you get off you want to run around & get back in line and go again. Maybe Kelly is using mass hypnosis on the crowd when he struts around like Steven Tyler ;D

I listened to Lou Gramm on youtube, singing "Urgent" and I wanted to cry, especially listening to him singing the same song in his prime. His voice is gone, he had to speak some of the lines. His time for rock is over. And without Lou there would have been no Foreigner. But the world moves on.. I wish him luck and future good health and if he ever plays nearby I'll go see him.

So call me a minnion or whatever you want! I saw the boys in Wendover with my husband in May and again in Boise with some girlfriends last month and have my tickets to ride the Foreigner roller coaster in Provo on Halloween (the lamest place to be on that day in Utah) But if Foreigner is there, even Provo will be cool..

Kimsim

• Newbie Member
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2013, 07:19:10 pm »
We are here because we love Foreigner - THE PAST - THE HERE AND NOW - THE FUTURE.

babyboomer

• Newbie Member
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2013, 07:51:50 pm »
Utahgirl,  yes Lou' s voice is not what it was presurgery.  It never will be.  It's just my gut feeling, but I would not be surprised if that is the reason he left in '02.   surely he knew he could not keep up like he used to.   However, I saw a video of him recently singing the National Anthem and he did a beautiful job.  He just doesn't seem to be able to sing Rock like he once did.  I would love for it to be so,  but I accept reality, he couldn't be the voice of Foreigner anymore.  From what I've read in interviews I think his beef mainly has to do with compensation and proper recognition.  IMHO.   http://ultimateclassicrock.com/lou-gramm-sings-national-anthem/

Vince

• Newbie Member
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2013, 07:34:25 pm »
It's amazing that anyone would belittle anybody for their like or dislike of the band now or then. It's a polarizing subject obviously but to each his own. I saw Foreigner from 1977 to 2002 dozens of times. I was definitely a mininion. I haven't seen them since Lou's departure.  For me each departure from the original 6 members eroded the magic a little but as long as Mick and Lou were there I was going to be ringside. It was never Mick versus Lou to me. Together they were Foreigner. I haven't seen Lou solo either. For all the fans, new and old, that love the present lineup and get lots of enjoyment from them it's a great thing. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I don't post often but consider many on here friends even though I am not a devotee of the band anymore. Foreigner's music is a gift. In whatever form you like. Just one Dirty White Boy's opinion.

Kimsim

• Newbie Member
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2013, 04:39:18 pm »
Well said Vince!

Starrider81

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2013, 05:09:52 pm »
holy crap whatever happened here?/???????? lololol

Now we're back to dissing Lou Tatjania??

Just a couple weeks ago we were kissing Lou's butt during the SHOF award ceromnies what happened?

Starrider81

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2013, 05:28:33 pm »
omg what the frack!!! Man, you pple are the ones that are nuts!! 1. I'm not this Foreignerfan1968 but I do applaud his comments and thank GOD I'm NOT the only one who feels this way!!!!!! I mean, you all think I'm crazy and insane last my marbles fine ... but geeesh you all acting like a bunch of middle aged stalker groupies esp Tatjana and Babs (cus they have photos with Mick they think they KNOW him!!) Ladies does your husbands know you idolize 60 yr. old rock musicians!! lololol oooooo!!! I'm sooo mean!!!

and I'm reading allready the negative comments about Lou's singing abilities again ... REEEEALLY after a couple months ago when you groupies were gushing infront of Lou at the SHOF cermeonies
And for the person who said Tom Gimbal is an original member uuuh I don't consider a member from 1995 a loong standing member, I know when I saw Foreigner a few years ago Mick had his senior moment and introduced Tom as a long time member I could see the confusion from you groupies....

but you all are the crazy ones!!!! oooo Foriegner is doing a cooking show let's check it out!! lol

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2013, 09:41:58 pm »
2013 - 1995 = 18 years.

Seems pretty longstanding to me. That's a longer tenure than even some of the founding members.

Just sayin'....

foreignerfan1968

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 09:32:28 am »
When you read try and read every word a person has written.

He said  "And for the person who said Tom Gimbal is an original member uuuh I don't consider a member from 1995 a loong standing member, I know when I saw Foreigner a few years ago Mick had his senior moment and introduced Tom as a long time member I could see the confusion from you groupies...."

First off he's not an original member, not even close.

Secondly what does he mean by a few years ago. Lets say  he meant 5. Could have been 10,1 2 maybe he'll clarify that.

So he's been a member of Foreigner part 2 or 3 for  say 13 yrs. Longstanding member of Foreigner part whatever but not of Foreigner.

Who was the clown saying all the tour dates were sold out. LOL I love liars

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2013, 08:20:00 am »
When you read try and read every word a person has written.

First off he's not an original member, not even close.

Secondly what does he mean by a few years ago. Lets say  he meant 5. Could have been 10,1 2 maybe he'll clarify that.

So he's been a member of Foreigner part 2 or 3 for  say 13 yrs. Longstanding member of Foreigner part whatever but not of Foreigner.

I never said (unless you were directing it at someone else) that Tom Gimbel was an original member.

I merely posted that Tom's tenure to present with Foreigner as both a touring member and studio recording member combined (because he does have performance credits with Foreigner releases), is 18 years.

I don't claim to know the legal aspects of what determines "employment" by Foreigner - but I am going to assume he gets his paychecks from Foreigner's business entity that handles that.

I agree that you cannot label anyone who wasn't a part of the original recording of Foreigner's self titled album as a member of the original Foreigner (or founding member if you prefer). But to state that Tom, et al and the other current members are not members of Foreigner is to say that Rick Wills, for example, is not a member of Foreigner. Or Steve Perry is not a member of Journey. Or Brian Johnson is not a member of AC/DC.

Semantics in the end, really. Its such a tired argument that crops up over and over in music in general. I guess in the end, if fans choose to support who they choose, then why bust each others balls over their choices. I don't begrudge anyone their choices, but I find it depressing the personal attacks that fans have to do to each other on the forums to try to bolster their arguments. If people get such a kick out of riling each other up, well, in my humble opinion, that's just sad. Making one feel better by putting another person down only reflects on the person doing so.

Melanie