Author Topic: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOREIGNER  (Read 1570 times)

jenson4ner

• Newbie Member
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOREIGNER
« on: November 25, 2013, 03:34:12 pm »
Just wanted to pass on to the band a special thank you from Jenson's dad!!! You guys are great and made my son's dream come true!!! Jenson will rock to you guys ALWAYS!!!!

http://www.kcdream.org/featured-dreams/jenson-in-concert/

Sincerely,
Jason

Babs

• Babs
Re: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOREIGNER
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 11:45:47 am »
Must have been unforgettable moments for your sons - for both of them!
Saw a video on Youtube and I think I even saw one of them.
The boys in the band as well as the management are treating their fans ever so nicely!
I can understand very well how happy you - as a father - must be, especially for Jenson.
Keep on rockin', lil' boy(s)  :) 

jenson4ner

• Newbie Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 02:03:51 pm »
Yes Babs, it was awesome! It was really weird having one of my 8yr olds wanting his dream of Foreigner but they made it happen- the guys were all really cool and deserve props for taking time for everyone.....guess I exposed my kids to too much 80's music (haha but why fix it if it isn't broken!!!) Thanks for the heads-up, I did see us on the video posted of "Say you will" at the very end!!! Can't wait to show my boys! Thanks again.....Jason

foreignerfan1968

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 12:19:05 pm »
Can I ask you a couple of questions Jason?

1)It appears by your pic that not one original member of Foreigner was there. Is this true?

2)You stated that you must have introduced your kids to too much 80's music. Did you explain to your kids that this isnt anywhere near the true band from the 80's? Slightly different singer quality.

3)So basically you introduced your kids to a group of guys that arent the same as the 70-80's music you have played for them. Why do that????

I mean its a nice thing to do but in my opinion doesnt make sense. Its about as much Foreigner as is AC/DC without Bon or Brian.

foreignerfan1968

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 12:31:32 pm »
And both Young bros not being there

SU_5757

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 11:15:23 pm »
Jason,
Glad to hear that you and your boys had such a great time.  Most of us who follow this board enjoy the music to the utmost.  We are thankful that this group of amazingly talented musicians are also good human beings.   Unfortunately our 1968 friend only wants a " way back time machine" to be satisfied.  Its so good to see that Jenson is facing his health challenge with a positive attitude.  Thank you Foreigner for making a family's day!

Keep on Rockin'

foreignerfan1968

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 11:12:00 am »
Valid questions Jason.

Answers would be appreciated.

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 08:37:56 pm »
I was at this show and didn't know the back story of your boys!
They were supercute and got tons of love from the band!
I may have some pictures of them I have to look
Thanks for sharing
Gina

Tatjana

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 12:11:52 am »
I believe without any doubt that this must have been one remarkable experience for you and your children with memories to cherish for a lifetime.

Thanks for sharing your story with us, Jason! :)

TomCat

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 08:57:30 am »
That is really cool! It just goes to show how super nice the band & management is. Thanks for sharing & so happy for you & your son to have such a cherish memory that will always bring a big smile to your faces! Keep on rocking Jenson & Dad!!!  :)

Jennifer

jenson4ner

• Newbie Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 09:35:39 am »
Foreigner1968, well you are correct that none were original members....however Kelly was in an 80's band called Hurricane and Pilson was in Dokken - I hope that would qualify as some type of music 80's style heritage....besides, my son is 8, do you think he gives a rats a$$ who the original members are. He was just stoked standing front row to listen to music from his favorite band.
So according to your standards, Brian Johnson need not bother singing any of Bon's tunes since he didn't write them? What?

Gina, let me know if you have any pics, I would appreciate anything cool you might have gotten that I might have missed.

foreignerfan1968

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 04:54:49 pm »
Dont get me wrong I think it was a really cool thing to do.

You cant compare Ac/DC to Foreigner.

Bon Scot died early in their career. Rest of band still all there. Plus Brian went on to contribute to many amazing albums after Bons death

Foreigner has been falling apart since the day Mick Jones thought he was god and forgot how important all parts of a band are.

They have one album without Lou and it sucked terribly. All Foreigner is today is a bunch of hired guns playing and singing Lou's and Micks songs. And truthfully in my opinion not doing a very good job.

My 3 kids are 9, 12 and 14. All love Foreigner but cant stand Kelly and the other hair band fruitties.

Seen Lou many times and met him and they think he is who made Foreigner fun to listen to. And I agree.

Cheers

Luke

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 07:53:17 pm »
Jason don't get involved with the trolls, they live to suck the joy out of peoples lives just like this guy is trying to do
to you and your boy. Foreigner has millions of fans and there are some sad people who try and get attention from therm. This is our world today. Just check out the news from Colorado today. We just have to ignore them and share our joy with people like the majority on this board.

Have a great holiday all….

Luke

foreignerfan1968

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 09:34:57 pm »
So people that have different opinions than yours are " trolls".

Shame on you for acting like a child. Please mind your business

Jayman

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 04:29:59 pm »
So people that have different opinions than yours are " trolls".

Shame on you for acting like a child. Please mind your business

It's a heartwarming post about a kid who's been having a rough time and got to meet his favorite band, and you have to start in with your crap in this thread of all places.  It is you who should be ashamed.