Author Topic: PLEASE HERE ME OUT .... I AM NOT FOREIGNERFAN1968 ... THROWIING IN THE TOWEL!!  (Read 817 times)

Starrider81

Okay, I know you've heard me rant and rave for years on the OS messageboards sniping about Foreigner's current line up and where they're going but I'm going to be honest and I'm NOT this ForeignerFan1968 dude!! I am not that harsh or never will be .... I'm throwing in the towel!! I just worry big time over the future or Foreigner if and when Mick Jones is no longer around --- hope he can rock to be 100 right now!! Him and the music of Foreigner are the only reasons why I'm still following or trolling this band!! Look, I'm like the little kid who has to decide between his divorced mom and dad okay!! I LOVE BOTH Lou Gramm and Mick Jones ... they will allways be the heart and soul of Foreigenr! I'm NOT that retarded I KNOW Lou Gramm will never come back to Foreigner and as far as Kelly Hanson more power to him I hope he stickes around longer. The new blonde haired guitarist I wish him all the luck and success with Foreigner if and when Mick isn't around. I just worry about the future of this once band that gave me alot of memories and was a soundtrack to my yourh!!

Tatjana and Babs and all you other fans ---- I'm throwing in the towel --- I'm tired of being tired --- I want to see Foreigner one last time before Mick is not around plan and simple!!! Really hoping if they come to Cleveland Ohio again, I'll be willing to see the show and EVEN stick around for the encores and won't pick on Kelly, okay.... is that a DEAL???? !!!!!! I'm being DEAD SERIOUS!!! NO MORE ANTI-FOREIGNER BASHING!!!!! WANNA SEE FOREIGNER ONE LAST TIME --- before it's too late!!!

Owen! (again I am NOT or I was never this Foreignerfan1968!!!)

SoUrgent

I'm beginning to think this message board is nothing but a mental institution, lol.

Tatjana

Nick: LOL! Yes! :-D

jrod91

• Newbie Member
I'm beginning to think that as well :o. Its all good though just people (fans) expressing their feelings :)

Jan

• Jan
How can you call all the bashing "fans expressing their opinions????"  The bashers/haters are not fans at all!!!  We all love and appreciate the contribution Lou Gramm has made to Foreigner.  He chose to  leave Foreigner -- twice -- to do his solo career.  I have seen him twice and he seems happy with his current band!  True fans embrace his choice and support him wholeheartedly.

Mick decided to reform Foreigner a couple years later.  Foreigner has been his band from the beginning -- his choice how to manage it!  His choice for member selection! True fans also embrace his decisions.

Anyone who is not on board with Mick's decisions needs to move on!!!  Lou is not coming back to Foreigner and neither are most of the other departed members!  Bands are not static entities -- most are in a state of flux as members come and go.

This Foreigner line-up is so rockin' excellent!!  The live shows are fabulous and the recordings are awesome!  Kelly is a wonderful front man with an excellent team of members!!

I saw Mick at a couple of shows last year and he is doing great!!!!  Played as magnificently as always!!  I loved the crowd in Phoenix -- rumors started "Mick Jones is in the house!"  By the time Mick took the stage -- the crowd noise was deafening!!!  I was lucky enough to run into Mick in the hallway and he said he felt really good and was looking forward to playing more shows.  He is very gracious to fans -- always a kind word and a big smile!

This site is for fan discussions -- not band bashing or fan bashing -- really!!  If your goal is to be rude and obnoxious -- please leave this forum!!!!!  A good rule is to not say anything that you would not want said about you!!!

This lineup is Foreigner:  Mick, Kelly, Tom, Jeff, Bruce and Chris!!!  We celebrate you guys and all the staff and thank all of you for all you do!!!!

SoUrgent

Well said Jan.

PS- I know you didn't purposely forget, while in the heat of composing your reply, "the ivory tickler, and keys/synths extraordinaire," Mr. Michael Bluestein  ;D

jimzgirl

• Newbie Member
Jan:  Here! Here! :D

Babs

• Babs
I am so with you, Jan! Well said  :)

Tatjana

Spot on, Jan! :-D

Jan

• Jan
Oh -- my humblest apologies to the maestro of the keys -- Mr. Michael Bluestein!!!!  He is the most awesome keyboardist (and bass guitar player  8)!  The greatest guy!!  Thank you, Nick -- I was distracted  and somehow didn't mention him!!! Sorrreeeee Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starrider81

ok ok ok settle down ..... 1.  I KNOW THAT LOU WILL NEVER EVER RETURN TO FOREIGNER ...IT'S WATER OvER the Bridge between Lou and Mick and they both moved on. 2. I know Foreigner is Mick's band ... but I just worry about the for seeable future of Foreigner EVEN without Mick...

You know last night at the Grammys Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr reunited for the first time and I was thinking ... geee what would reaction be if Sir Paul and Ringo decided to hire a couple of subs for John and George and tour unter the name The Beatles .... could YOU JUST IMAGINE the outrage from die hard Beatles fans that's pretty much how I feel about Foreigner right now...it's just **subsitute*** musicans with ONE surviving member holding this once great band together and oh fyi EVEN in Lou Gramm's book JBH he even brought that up that it's false advertising but hey....whatever don't wanna bring out the angry minions!!! lol

jimzgirl

• Newbie Member
But also at the Grammy's you had Chicago with their "new" lead singer since Peter Cetera left about 20 years ago (and I thought they did a GREAT job with Robin Thicke...so great to see them up there).  And what about Journey and AC/DC and Van Halen?  All of them having great successes without original vocalists.   

Starrider81

I know me neither....

I guess I'm like spoiled whiney kid who still hasn't gotten over his parents divorce ... but it's getting there...okay....I