Author Topic: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOREIGNER - PART 2, yes there was more to come  (Read 440 times)

jenson4ner

• Newbie Member
So as a few of you might know, Jenson was selected from the Dream Factory and they hooked him up.....well the news called and this is what they did last week........thanks again Foreigner, I know it didn't mean much to you but my son was stoked!!!!!

http://www.kmbc.com/news/dreamfactory/Dream-Factory-youngster-goes-to-Foreigner-concert/-/13060460/24095150/-/gchs92/-/index.html

jimzgirl

• Newbie Member
Re: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOREIGNER - PART 2, yes there was more to come
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 05:27:26 pm »
 :)  This is so cool!  What a great story!  Glad Jenson had such a fun time, and thanks to this great band for making a little boy feel so special!

Babs

• Babs
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:33:47 pm »
So happy for Jenson  :) :) :)

jenson4ner

• Newbie Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 05:47:21 pm »
Babs, since you are one of the people who knows whats going on here on this board, can you post this or send to band so they get props too.....it's a great feel good story for them

Thanks
Jason

SoUrgent

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 06:04:36 pm »
I love this story so much! I have been following, I just don't post as frequently.

Jason, one thing I can assure you is that it certainly meant a lot to the band. I don't know them personally, but I have friends that know them fairly well, and these are as classy a group of musicians you will ever meet. They are indeed genuine.

I am so happy for Jenson!

Nick

jenson4ner

• Newbie Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 09:36:08 pm »
Thanks Nick, I guess they will see it and get a chuckle that an 8 yr old thinks they are the $hit!!!! Kinda funny cuz we listen to classic rock and my boys only know this type of music. My other sons favorite band is Iron Maiden......Personally I was just impressed talking to Pilson - I mean the dude did play in one of the best 80's bands and with argueably one of the greatest guitarists........it was like I was 16 again....hahaha

Tatjana

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 03:50:37 am »
I'm happy for your son and also for you because apparently you had a great time as well! :-D

Tatjana :)

SU_5757

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 12:26:24 pm »
Wow! Now you will have not only a great memory but Jenson's recollections preserved for a lifetime.  Hope the band passes your way again soon.

Babs

• Babs
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 03:18:10 pm »
I'm sure the band knows about the story, Jenson. They notice so many things we even don't.
In Germany there was a little boy - also around 9 or 10 - sitting on his dad's shoulders during a show. Mick's driver came into the audience to invite them backstage. And a picture was taken with Mick. Foreigner posted it on their FB site. Shows what great people they are, doesn't it?