Author Topic: Wow!!!  (Read 829 times)

shadow

Wow!!!
« on: February 18, 2014, 12:21:31 pm »
Wow!!

What a gong show on this forum!
For those who don't know me, I'm a long time all things Foreigner related fan. Although I'm very partial to the original lineup, I'm certainly not going to trash anyone on their feelings towards any rendition of this band.
You can't ask anyone to change their feelings! It really is not possible. You feel what you feel!

Hey Headknocker, I certainly won't dispute your loyalty towards this band. I will say however that you did miss a great Lou Gramm show in NJ. Just watched two Youtube videos of Lou and he sounded great! Particularly on TWY and JBH.

Cheers all,
Shadow

headknocker

Re: Wow!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 03:46:22 pm »
What's up, shadow?  To be honest, I didn't make an effort to see Foreigner the last time they were here last May since nobody knew Mick's status and I just grew tired of seeing the same setlist show after show.....and I work at the Nugget. I have to agree that Lou does sound somewhat better(listened to all of the youtube clips of last Sunday's show) but it still pains me to see/hear him this way since as a day-one Foreigner fan I always felt his voice was like no other during his prime.

I'm just glad he appears to be happy at this point in his life and people are still attending his shows. Lou's a great guy(met him a number of times) and I wish him the best but I can't honestly say I have a strong desire to attend a LGB show.

Tatjana

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 12:47:53 am »
Hi Shadow,

good to see you post again!

Cheers,

Tatjana :)

shadow

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:56:57 pm »
Hey Tatjana:
Shout out to you from across the globe!
Hey Headknocker :
Cheers dude!
There's no question Lou has not regained his voice completely. However, it is certainly better then post-op. Even without his unfortunate health issues, at 63 he's not going to sound as he did pre-op. Haven't heard many singers with that range at that age. Although Paul Rodgers sounds incredible at his age, which I believe is the same as Lou's. He was just so good for so long. I think he actually set the bar too high for himself...lol!!

Ironically, you don't see many  5 and 6 octave rock singers today. Just an absolute God given talent!
For me today, I just simply support the man for his efforts. Foreigner has left such a long list of memories for me, it'll last a lifetime! I'm forever grateful for that. Although a band is the sum of all parts, the voice is what draws me in first and foremost. Boy, was I drawn in!!!!

Peace,
Shadow

aventuracane

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 02:59:17 pm »
Shadow,

Nice writeup.

Love your attitude. Support Mick, Lou and anyone else involved with Foreigner.

Glad that Mick & Lou have worked at there differences. They spent too many years working together to not have some type of relationship.

I attended the Songwriters Hall of Fame event last year & was in the balcony just above Lou's table and it was great watching his table & Lou's interaction with his family & with Mick.

Have gone to a number of Paul Rodgers concerts in the past few years. With Bad Company & with his own band. He still sounds great. He was a huge attraction on the Rock Legend Cruise II I attended during January 2013.

Stuart

Vince

• Newbie Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 03:21:56 pm »
Agree with you completely Shadow.

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 12:39:05 am »
awwwww old school crew coming out!
Yes the forum is a shambles now very sad!
no posts are safe and we get attacked for no reason!
Anyway nice to see you!
Gina