Author Topic: No Mick Jones ?  (Read 1672 times)

Chicagobob

• Newbie Member
No Mick Jones ?
« on: February 17, 2014, 01:42:18 am »
It was a great show in Burlington, the band rocked and sounded great. Not complaining had a great time, The only weird thing is that Mick Jones wasn't there ???? Without him it leaves no original member ?? Just strange Anyone know anything about that ? Again, not being negative, the sounds were awesome

Starrider81

Re: No Mick Jones ?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:31:54 pm »
That will allways be the $$Million dollar question whenever some one goes to see Foreigner now ... will Mick Jones be there or not??? I know he's been having health issues but he's appeared in various places recenlty like the last Jay Leno show with Foreigner and that silly ***Feels Like A Halftime*** Superbowl commcerial!! lol I mean, it's getting very sad and comical with Foreigner now, huh? I mean yeeah yeahh, I'll rant about Kelly Hanson but even for me it's getting old ... my worry for this band is them continuing without any original members after Mick is called on to that rock n roll heavan in the sky!!! It will not be the same Foreigner and I don't care what the middle aged 50+groupie minions say...!!!

I take it they had that blonde-frizzy haired dude filling in --- I don't even know that guy's name and his history and these so called Foreigner fans on this board won't even tell no one!!! Bunch of know it alls!!! All I gotta say blondie better not touch Star Rider that's Mick's song!!!! Not Blondie's!!! lol

Lynnster

• Newbie Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 06:25:13 am »
I was wondering the same thing.....the concert was great, but with NO original members up there, it isn't really Foreigner.  For the cost of the tickets, I was hoping to at least see Mick up there....just saying

Corndog

• Newbie Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 04:24:10 pm »
Feeling ripped off...paid to see foreigner Friday in Lancaster, PA.  Not even a mention of Mick Jones...really piss poor.  I would like a refund...Not a professional way to do business...I would call them almost Foreigner tribute band...Mick is the lead guitar player and the last original member...so, please get real...and be fair to the pure fans.

Jayman

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 06:02:13 pm »
Sorry guys.  He was at the show I was at Saturday.  He was up there for more than half the show.  Awesome show. 

relayer

• Newbie Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 09:54:56 am »
Feeling ripped off...paid to see foreigner Friday in Lancaster, PA.  Not even a mention of Mick Jones...really piss poor.

I was at the Lancaster show, too. But, I have been to many other Foreigner shows since the Hershey, PA - Night Ranger/Foreigner/Journey tour stop years ago. That was BEFORE Mick's reported health problems. Since then, I would say Mick showed up at about 40% of the shows, and not necessarily for the entire performance.

Personally, I can't fault him. Mick is getting old, unfortunately. As with anybody else, health issues like Mick has (had) tends to govern people's ability to do many things, including being up on stage around hot lights and equipment.

I have certain expectations when I go to Foreigner concerts now. Bruce isn't a bad guitarist. He has a friendly personality and tries to "do right" by Foreigner fans by playing the songs as originally as possible. When I talked to him at a Meet & Greet in Pittsburgh last year, he seemed quite humbled by the fact that he's "filling some big shoes." How would YOU feel if you found yourself filling in for Mick?

Mick DID show up the next day at the Port Chester, NY show. It was only for the second half, but Mick did take a moment to address the audience, thanking them for continuing to support the Foreigner franchise, and to note that he wishes to be able to be a permanent tour member again in the future.

So... give him a break. Mick or not, Foreigner hasn't really been the "original" Foreigner for decades. It is what it is. Enjoy the fact that the songs are still sounding as good as the studio originals with the current lineup.

Babs

• Babs
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 01:57:52 pm »
Amen !!!

SU_5757

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 04:30:26 pm »
Jayman thanks for reporting in on Mick's appearance.  It had seemed like Mick had been occupied with some other things during some of the absences.  I didn't envy the travel schedule given the recent winter of unending storms.

Starrider81- I'd never realized that your comments on the frizzy blonde dude were due to a name omission here on the board.  The alternate guitarist is Bruce Watson, formerly with Rod Stewart and Big Country.  I had thought that he connected to "Rock of Ages", but I'm not certain.

Just hoping that the summer triple bill is an easy tour schedule so Mick will be around a lot more.

Jayman

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 05:32:04 pm »
No problem.  I really wasn't expecting him to be there.  Maybe he just shows at the shows that are completely sold out.  The triple bill tour is looking like a lot of dates.  Can't wait for that.  Styx is so amazing live

gorgosgirl

• Newbie Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 08:25:20 am »
FYI....  Bruce Watson did not play in Big Country...... Same name , different man

Starrider81

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 10:22:10 pm »
okay I'm not hating ---- it's just my once great favorite band is just in a sad state right now!! I mean, Mick Jones is literally and figuritively trying to hold his band together, he's beating the dead horse which is Foreigner!!! Great to hear that Mick trys to make an appearance on a show or two and trys to perform as much as he can. The sub guitarist Bruce Watson okay that's his name srry I kept calling him "blondie" he's doing allright as the fill in but he best not even try Star Rider!! that's MICK's signature song ty!! lol Kelly Hanson is no longer my issue besides the fact he needs to quit being a big poser Steven Tyler wanna be at 51!! Lou never got that crazy on stage !! Just saying ---- my issue is the future of this once great band but than again I think alot of other bands from era maybe falling to the wayside like that...

Oh side note, I have a portrait painting of Lou -- YES folkes, crazy boy is an upincoming artist!!! Lou allready has an interest in the portrait I did of him -- would love to do one of Mick --- Lou and Mick to me will allways be the heart and soul of Foreigner --- no they'll never get back together i know but they were an awesome pair in their prime and that's what I'm trying to capture in my paintings....

You'll have to find my painting of Lou on my facebook or or LG's fanpage --- yesss I'm inviting YOU minions!!! :)