Author Topic: Mick Jones Live Appearances  (Read 763 times)

Robg79

• RobG
  • Newbie Member
Mick Jones Live Appearances
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:26:23 am »
Hello Fellow Foreigner Fans!

I have enjoyed reading the forum for a while now and never have posted before. Does anyone know for sure if Mick will be touring on the Sounds of Summer Tour? I have seen Foreigner on all regular US Tours since the 1981 "4" Tour and the last three shows I have seen over the last couple of years Mick Jones was not present due to his health issues and thank God it sounds like he is getting better. If Mick is on the tour I will catch the Cincinnati show June 5th. I am an equal fan of Lou Gramm and Mick Jones and appreciate what each one does with their respective live shows. The last several years I have attended both Foreigner & Lou Gramm shows live and enjoyed both. I don't wish to say anything negative however in my opinion with the new Foreigner lineup and Mick's absence the last couple of years it's by far not the same. Without Mick the live shows seemed to have changed and become too much carrying on by band members in between songs and unfortunately Kelly now acts like the success has gone to his head. The band is so talented and sounds great however it just not right with all the antics on stage and without Mick Jones. I really like Bruce Watson and what he has done to fill in and hope to see him continue with the band. With the current line up having nothing to do with the writing or  recording of these great Foreigner songs it's just a tribute band and I don't want to see Foreigner Live again without Mick Jones.  I welcome any opinions on this topic.

Thanks for any info on Mick's appearances this Tour.

Rob G

SoUrgent

Re: Mick Jones Live Appearances
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:55:34 am »
Hello RobG79,

Welcome to the board!

As you have been reading the forum for a while now, I am sure you know the "hotly contested topic" of Foreigner with and without Mick, current versus previous lineup, et. al. And yes, Foreigner fans, and music fans as a whole, are glad that one of the pioneers of rock music, Mr. Mick Jones, is returning to good health.

While there are varying opinions on this topic, I want to stick to your questions about the Soundtrack of Summer Tour.

For the past few years, as Mick was recovering and gaining strength to repair his health, you are correct- he would not attend many shows, just making an occasional appearance at a few shows here and there, and just doing interviews. Remember- he is 68, and recovery to "form" takes longer in the latter years in life.

I have been reading the reviews from the concerts both in the media, and on the bands websites, and perusing the pictures, and it is my understanding that he has been, and is fully prepared to perform during this tour and for the remainder of the tour, and has been performing with the band after they are a few songs into the set at every stop thus far. After a few songs pass, Kelly will introduce Mick, the crowd whips into an even more frenzy, and the Juke Box Hero himself performs the remainder of the set. The reviews are nothing but spectacular!

I am by no means affiliated with Foreigner, nor am I speaking for the band, I am not a representative of the band, I am not a forum admin, nor a member of the media. I am just a huge fan of the past and the present lineup, and sharing what I have found thus far, as I have been following this tour very closely.

I would be curious to see if anyone could add to this, who have attended some of the shows on the tour thus far. They would be able to confirm or deny this.

However Rob G, I would be confident that if you attend the show tomorrow, you will most likely get Mick Jones for your dollar!

Lastly, to anyone who may follow up this comment, let's try to keep this thread about the Soundtrack of Summer tour, as that is the main topic here. Let's try not to dilute it into a Mick vs Lou debate, old vs new lineup argument, etc. This right here isn't about that.

Hope this helps, Rob G!

Nick

PS- Let's get some reviews of the tour, fellow Foreigner friends!!

SoUrgent

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 03:41:20 pm »
Did you end up going?

robk13

• Newbie Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 10:47:11 pm »
Of course he didn't go, otherwise he would be back here either praising Mick or bitching about him not being there.

Who would shell out $ to see a show when they don't like the singer and don't like the band?

Posts = 1. Probably another sock-puppet user name created by our resident nutball "painter."

Best practices: DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS. DO NOT INCREASE THEIR 'VIEWS' COUNT.