Author Topic: Question  (Read 923 times)

tb2

• Newbie Member
Question
« on: March 01, 2014, 11:00:31 pm »
Can someone please tell me what album the song With Heaven on Our side is on. I just found it on U-tube and its a beautiful song.

Thank you

Tatjana

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 04:25:52 am »

tb2

• Newbie Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 11:31:06 am »
Thank you  :)
I just ordered the cd cant wait till it arrives.

headknocker

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 07:45:21 pm »
The first song on that CD, Soul Doctor, kicks major tail and is one of Foreigner's best rockers, IMO. Mick's guitar solo in the middle of it is simply great. Enjoy.

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 09:43:49 pm »
The third song of new music on this album, PRISONER OF LOVE, is a beautifully supercharged power ballad that is a near perfect song in every way. Lou's vocals are freaking incredible all throughout the track; the piano and synthesizer are breathtaking in both their simplicity and complexity; plus a rocking riff by Mick. If I'm not mistaken, it is Mark Schulman on drums. The melody flows beautifully and the backup vocals are awesome as well. As the song fades away, Lou lets out one of his highest belts ever!

Starrider81

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 09:50:49 pm »
Jeff: just read your glowing reviews for Lou's Vocals on Heavan On Our Side interesting ---- what would you say his vocals are like now?? Afraid to comment on that or might piss off the Kelly lovers out there? lolol

headknocker

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 06:53:07 am »
Owen: There are scores of recent LGB shows on youtube so you can judge for yourself. I personally don't know how anyone can say if you want to see the "real" Foreigner then the LGB is the way to go. Sorry, but the guitar work is clearly different. I won't even comment on Lou's current vocals since that's subjective...you make the call.

That being said, I really don't feel Foreigner should continue touring without Mick being onstage. I don't think it's right but I certainly won't sit here and blast other fans for feeling differently. Live and let live.

Tatjana

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 10:07:58 am »
I like all of the three above mentioned songs but I have to admit I have a soft spot for "With heaven on our side."

The lyric line: "Time, our precious time, in the beginning, your heart and mine..." and the way Lou intonates it always sends shivers down my spine. Love it! :)

Starrider81

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 03:11:57 pm »
Jeff: Quit being a kissup!!!  You might insult the Kellyfans!! :P

robk13

• Newbie Member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 11:11:09 pm »
The third song of new music on this album, PRISONER OF LOVE, is a beautifully supercharged power ballad that is a near perfect song in every way. Lou's vocals are freaking incredible all throughout the track; the piano and synthesizer are breathtaking in both their simplicity and complexity; plus a rocking riff by Mick. If I'm not mistaken, it is Mark Schulman on drums. The melody flows beautifully and the backup vocals are awesome as well. As the song fades away, Lou lets out one of his highest belts ever!

I SO WISH they would insert Soul Doctor and POL in the show.  IMO they are 2 of the band's best songs and I have no doubt that Kelly would kill on them. Soul Doctor could be one heck of an opener. OMG, the energy--and Kelly's intensity!! I'm sure they could work them in. A couple of the older songs...well, they are old, but they aren't the greatest "songs." (Not gonna mention titles because I know I'll get thunked in the head, LOL! But, let's be real...) Well, maybe there are some business reasons that keep them from doing them. Too bad, because those songs would really enhance the show.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:18:43 pm by robk13 »