Author Topic: London Acoustic gig/concert 12/4/14  (Read 777 times)

mick2112

• Newbie Member
London Acoustic gig/concert 12/4/14
« on: April 13, 2014, 11:25:38 am »
Hey all
Was lucky enough to be at the bands London acoustic gig last night  and it was just WOW!!
Had never seen the band do a gig in this style and it is such a special night and the connection with the packed O2 at Shepherds Bush was electric for the just over 90min gig which included a Q&A and i even had my question is sent in to a national online rock radio station read out and Kelly mentioned me from the stage that they knew me from face book also.
Highlights well first all band members there for the whole gig,all smiling and laughing and looking like they where having a great time, a set list that really worked of classics like Juke Box Hero and First time and Hot Blooded,Waiting for a Girl and with a choir joining them 'I want to know what love is' but also songs like the Elvis cover
That's alright and The Flame Still Burns from one of my all time favourite films 'Still Crazy' also it was special to be there to hear for the first time live from 'Foreigner 4' A girl on the Moon which was just stunning!! To a man the band where superb with Kelly in great voice and being even acoustic the ultimate front man he is and Mick in great shape telling stories and looking to be having a blast,Tom and Jeff in full flow of guitars and vocals and Sax with huge smiles and my first time seeing Bruce who fits in very well to the line up and not forgetting Blue and Chris on keys and Drums who together make up one of THE great rock bands anywhere in any format.
The 15 min Q&A was really interesting and a excellent addition to the night and the band looked to have fun with that part also.
Every single person in the packed venue on their feet at the end in an emotional atmosphere as loud as any electric gig and more than worth the 8 hour round drive from Manchester my friends and I made.
Fantastic night,awesome gig by an amazing band.
Think we floated home when we got back at 3am but none of us cared after such a great night.
Mick
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 12:16:55 pm by mick2112 »

SoUrgent

Re: London Acoustic gig/concert 12/4/14
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 11:35:28 am »
Great review Mick! I got goosebumps reading it! That had to have been a thrilling moment when they said that they "recognized you from Facebook", haha! It goes to show that they read the board here, and Facebook, and really just are able to connect with their fans. That is really special.

I have seen Foreigner recordings on DVD etc. where it is completely acoustic with just Mick, Kelly, Tom, Jeff and Bruce. Interesting that they were able to incorporate Michael and Chris as well. How did that work? Was it Michael's full keyboard rig or just a single keyboard to highlight certain parts of the songs? Same for Chris? Was it his whole drum kit, or just certain aspects, again to highlight certain aspects of the songs?

Certainly was a special night and thanks for sharing!

Nick

mick2112

• Newbie Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 12:04:25 pm »
Cheers Nick,was certainly a 'goosebumps' kind of night for those there so i am glad i could get that feeling over.
On Blue and Chris they joined the band onstage after the first couple of songs and Blue had just the one set of keys with Chris having a stripped down version drum set which he played with hands so a kind of drum percussion but both fitted in really well and it was great to see them all involved and it sounded amazing and they both played a full part in the whole set after those first couple of initial songs!!
Mick

Babs

• Babs
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 12:05:04 pm »
Great write-up, Mick! I know how it feels to go to a show for hours - even driving back afterwards. But with having had a great time with these awesome musicians makes up for all the time spent on highways.
Wow! They know you from FB ... shows how much they appreciate their fans and care about them. Ain't it wonderful.
Nick - Mick posted some videos on FB which are great! Check them out.
Thanks for taking your time for this review, very much appreciated  :)
Babs

ekelly51

• FF#2
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 10:32:07 am »
Great review Mick. Thanks for sharing!!

Eunice ;D

pompeygirl

• Newbie Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 03:56:33 pm »
Wow! I can tell by the way you write what a fantastic time you had, Mick!  I'm really looking forward to catching some acoustic shows in Germany later this year.